Old 05-04-2004, 10:45 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

ingrid

If the whole floor is rotted then the best way to repair is the removal of the shell. I gutted my complete interior and found that the only rot was a area (in the rear bathroom area) of about 2 square feet. All I did was replace the last 4 foot secton. Some guys out there have done shell off floor replacement and they have documented the process pretty good, but it doesn't look like a easy job. At first I was going to just replace the entire floor, I figured a new floor would last another 36 years since the first one did. But like I said after everything was out down to the bare walls it turned out 90% was in really, really good shape. So there's always hope. Good luck.

whistler

Old 05-04-2004, 10:48 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

1961 26' Overlander
Gabriola Island , British Columbia
Normally one must remove the shell to replace the floor.See the thread:Full month floor repair is looming.It has a lot of info on the subject.

Old 05-04-2004, 11:03 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingoes

I am going to post another picture of some damage...what's the part called, and how hard is it to fix?
I posted the other picture in Exterior Restoration forum.

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:48 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member

Thumbs up travelin' gnomes!

Oh Ingrid, Have you ever heard those stories of the traveling gnomes? I think it started when someone stole some garden gnomes and then sent the missing-gnome owner postcard-photos from all over the world of these stolen gnomes, posing in front of world-famous monuments! The hapless ex-owner of the gnomes kept getting these postcards!

So ... gnomes ... travel trailer ... get the picture?

I adopted "penguin" after a trip (realizing the dream of my life) to Antarctica.

Yeah, that dang avatar is so teeny that the birds don't really show up; I posed them looking out the window. In the window to the right of the door you can see two bits of white; that's their chests! I will have to pose them standing outside the coach, I guess.

I will try again tonight to upload some pix; I mowed the yard last night after work and THAT of course has to be followed up by two beers, so the photo page seemed beyond me!

I am going to try to listen in on the chat next Tuesday night. They seem to think beer is a requirement there. Must be easier to log on than to operate the photo page!
Old 05-05-2004, 12:01 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
I've heard there was an international Free The Gnomes day in France too. Everybody went around stealing them in this one city one night.

I feel everyone should have in their garden:

Pink Flamingoes
A Garden Gnome
A Buddha
St. Francis statue
The Bird Girl statue replica

I said that at a party and got all kinds of other suggestions. I have the first two and am working on the rest...

ingrid
Old 05-05-2004, 08:12 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
well I think,

St. Francis was a sissy....

In Gradeschool, (a catholic one) I dressed up as him for Saint Day. I was pegged St.Francis of a sissy for many months to follow....

P.F. I am not ignoring you, I'll get back ASAP, been playin in the A/S all day...

Ron
Old 05-05-2004, 08:19 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
St. Francis was a sissy....

In Gradeschool, (a catholic one) I dressed up as him for Saint Day. I was pegged St.Francis of a sissy for many months to follow....

that's terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin can luv
P.F. I am not ignoring you, I'll get back ASAP, been playin in the A/S all day...
Ron
as you should be! When mine arrives I'll only be on asking for help and running back outside.

i.

ingrid
Old 05-05-2004, 08:25 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
Why does my picture scare you? As a fellow 1967 Tradewind puller looks should not matter. I'm already feeling a chemistry between us. If you were close by I'd have a few cocktails and let you watch me operate heavy machinery.

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:31 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
I think it's because I can't see a chin in the picture. Do you have one?

But you're so right...looks are irrelevant, especially after an offer like that!

Do I get cocktails too?

ingrid
Old 05-05-2004, 08:38 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
See, I was right about the chemistry. I used to live in your neck of the woods, pretty country.

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:13 AM   #39
2 Rivet Member

St Francis

Wait a minute: you two are talking about cocktails and letting that "St Francis was a sissy" comment go by!

I have always thought that St Francis was kind of a sneaky guy, letting his reputation hide the TRUTH about him. There he stands, smiling benignly, with birds all over his torso, TRUSTING birds these are, and he is a meat-eater! He was actually luring those birds close so he could catch them and eat them!

Friend to animals, HA!

That is my take on St Francis.

(signed)

Connie the vegetarian

(I do admit that his statue adds a nice look to a garden, though )
Old 05-07-2004, 08:49 AM   #40
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Check the belly pan and make sure it's riveted to the cross members. When the cross member rivets fail the bally pan moves as air passes under it while being towed and the ribs will wear holes/slots in it. That's why you have holes/slots before and after the wheel wells if the trailer didn't get rubbed on something.

I dirty trick to hiding that damage without replacing the belly pan is to take some new 2024 t3 .025 (not Alcad) and have it sheared into 12 inch strips. You can butt that stip up to the seam where the shell overlaps the belly pan. Rivet it at the same spacing as the existing rivets. Roll it under and rivet again. It will appear factory to all but the most observant.

www.airpartsinc.com has the aluminum. You might check you local phone book under "metal" and see if you can find a company that sells "coils" of 2024 or 6061 in a .025 thickness. You may be able to find a 12 inch wide coil for a reasonable price.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:28 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin

There he stands, smiling benignly, with birds all over his torso, TRUSTING birds these are, and he is a meat-eater! He was actually luring those birds close so he could catch them and eat them!

(I do admit that his statue adds a nice look to a garden, though )
How do you think we get by in the winter months?

ingrid
Old 05-07-2004, 12:46 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silver suz
What about the "GREEN MAN" ???? The Druids' feelings are hurt. Sorry I don't have St. Francis (although I wouldn't mind having) or the young girl- but do have happy toads, fish and turtle fountains, lots and lots of sundials and a multitude of stained glass dragonflies, butterflies, ladybugs, birds etc, 8 plastic flamingos,The Budda is in the house and the gnomes are on my Sim's game. (Reality imitating the "Sim's")
The online store "flamingo mania" has a great fund raising project that our school is considering. You can rent a bunch of flamingos (like12 doz) and pay to sneak them (1-2 doz) onto someone's lawn, they have to pay to have them removed or passed on to someone of their choice. You can also buy flamingo insurance so you wont get "flamingoed". Of course all are "contributions". Our drama dept is thinking about doing it. silver suz silvered flamingoes? Maybe Paris will get sterling silver flamingos!!!