Old 06-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #15
Airstream Newby

1975 25' Tradewind
Florence , South Carolina
Cool. I am thinking that the on-off method would be best even though we will be hooked up to sewer 99.9% of the time. We had a 6gal gas water heater in our pop-up and used a pop up outside shower. My family of four could each take showers back 2 back and the temp was great. Those little heaters are efficient! It is more of a concern of if the shower is really designed to be used as a regular shower or just a quick clean shower. Thanks.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
we can start with these
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	curved-shower-curtain-rod-happy-camper-1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	161870  
Attached Images

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
it depends on hook-ups and the size of your tanks.
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

1964 30' Sovereign
Porum , Oklahoma
Old 06-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
2005 31' Classic
Douglass , Texas
If I have connections, I shower just like at home. One of the things that sold me on the 25' Safari was the spacious size of the shower. Did'nt buy this high priced trailer to not be comphy! I leave the grey tank valve open so it never fills up. If we are in a campground with showers, my wife prefers to use their showers. She claims she is reducing "wear & tear" on the AS shower. To me, it still looks like the day we bought it! I think she just likes to go the the campground showers to visit other travelers/campers!
If I don't have sewer connections, I hook up my large portable dump tank. If I estimate I will be camped here long enough that I need to conserve grey water capacity, then I only run the shower to get wet, turn it off, soap up, turn shower back on and rinse quickly. Again, leave the grey water valve open until the portable tank fills up, then close it and let the on board grey tank fill up. If it fills up, which it normally does'nt since we do not "boondock" that long, go dump the portable tank and start the process over again. (We normally stay in state or national parks.) (It usually works out that I only have to dump the portable tank once and then dump the trailer as we leave at a dump station.
jrudd1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Am conservative with the water and lights - especially at an RV Park.

I attended a seminar on full-timing not too long ago. The presenter made a comment that bothered me: "When I'm at an RV park, I don't care if I leave all my lights on. I'm paying for it in my overnight fee."

Actually, we all are paying for it. If all RVers had this attitude, the rates would skyrocket substantially. Many parks now meter the electricity. I'm sure some do the same with water.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
Wet - Soap - Rinse for us. We can make it a full 3 days of washing dishes, brushing teeth and showering without emptying the gray tank.
Hensley with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Colleyville , Texas
"Navy showers" for these landlubbers!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #23

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
Am conservative with the water and lights - especially at an RV Park.

I attended a seminar on full-timing not too long ago. The presenter made a comment that bothered me: "When I'm at an RV park, I don't care if I leave all my lights on. I'm paying for it in my overnight fee."

Actually, we all are paying for it. If all RVers had this attitude, the rates would skyrocket substantially. Many parks now meter the electricity. I'm sure some do the same with water.
Perhaps in the summer in BC the amount of lights would make a noticeable difference, but all the lights in my trailer won't make a difference in power usage compared to AC, electric heat/heat-pump and/or electric water heat. Down here we need the AC for a pretty good chunk of the year (my outside thermometer says it's 97.1F in the shade in my yard at the moment.) I don't try to chill the trailer down any more than I do my house, where I'm paying by the kWh, but I'm not going to set it warmer than I do the house either.

I generally try to be conscious of water use. I take navy-type showers even at home, though I'm sure I run the water more for the wetting and rinsing than is absolutely necessary. I keep it really short when camping, a habit developed from camping with small tanks at sites with no sewer hookup.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto — 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Highly Recommend This for Showers

We installed the Oxygenics shower head and what a positive difference it makes in feeling cleaner and conserving water.

Showerhead Skincare - Etl 60123 - Shower - Camping World
Old 06-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #25
Airstream Newby

1975 25' Tradewind
Florence , South Carolina
I had been looking at those, don't they have a full handheld unit with the same technology? It was around $40, but if it is that good then it would be worth it I think.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMSmith View Post
I had been looking at those, don't they have a full handheld unit with the same technology? It was around $40, but if it is that good then it would be worth it I think.
Correct, they do have a handheld design.

Oxygenics Body Spa RV Showerhead - the best rv shower faucet Camping World - Oxygenics Body Spa RV Showerhead - the best rv shower faucet - Product - Camping World

But I don't have any personal experience with this design. I don't know anyone else that has this one either. But I bet there are others on here that have this design and can provide some useful feedback. Hopefully someone with this design can offer up their reviews.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post
We installed the Oxygenics shower head and what a positive difference it makes in feeling cleaner and conserving water.

Showerhead Skincare - Etl 60123 - Shower - Camping World

I've got the handheld one and just love it. It really makes you feel there's some water pressure not just dripping water coming out of the head. You can really get your hair rinsed clean! And it's like adding two more gallons of hot water to the tank. I normally take Navy showers, with a small plastic bucket I fill with pretty hot water, soap up using all of the bucket I want, then rinsing with the shower head. I paid almost $50 for mine - including the wall hanger which I need when washing my hair. I dithered over spending that much but it's SO much better than the OEM one it's truly worth it!

Paula
Old 06-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #28

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post
Correct, they do have a handheld design.

Oxygenics Body Spa RV Showerhead - the best rv shower faucet Camping World - Oxygenics Body Spa RV Showerhead - the best rv shower faucet - Product - Camping World

But I don't have any personal experience with this design. I don't know anyone else that has this one either. But I bet there are others on here that have this design and can provide some useful feedback. Hopefully someone with this design can offer up their reviews.
Well, you know me, and I've got one. We have the white Oxygenics handheld in our trailer and it works very well. I even took some pictures when I installed it. It has a little "throttle" where the hose connects to the showerhead that almost cuts off the water flow, but not quite, so I still tend to turn the faucet off for soaping up and back on for rinsing.

I got it on sale, and the white one is cheaper than the chrome-look one (that's still plastic.)

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto — 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote