Old 08-31-2016, 05:36 PM   #15
planning for full time...
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Somerset County , New Jersey
Bold, been fun following you. Best of luck to you and your family. Still hoping our paths will cross one day, even if you are Airstreamless.

living.somewhere.yonder | Early stages of Instagram
SCOTTinNJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:44 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2004 25' Safari
1968 17' Caravel
Fountain Valley , California
Now that you are in Boise, make sure and winterize your Airstream. We loaned one of ours to my sister-in-law for a couple of years, who lives in Boise, and she didn't winterize it. She paid to have the Airstream dealer $800 or $900 to repair the plumbing. They did extremely poor work (they left the expanded copper piping where it hadn't ruptured, and cut out the failed copper and replaced it with clear tubing and hose clamps). The first time the oven was used the tubing completely ruptured.

Do NOT use the Boise Airstream dealer for servicing your Airstream. Also they didn't secure the outside cover for the water heater and when my sister-in-law got it home it no longer had the cover. They tried to replace the cover, but couldn't find one that fit.

I'm personally in the process of completely replacing all the piping in that Airstream (I'm slow though, and haven't been sticking with it, so not sure when I'll get it done). We are currently using our other Airstream.

WindyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:50 PM   #17
Rivet Master
Vintage Kin Owner
N/A , N/A
Best of luck in Boise.
rostam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:12 PM   #18
Full Time Adventurer
2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Originally Posted by WindyJim View Post
Now that you are in Boise, make sure and winterize your Airstream.
I know right! This will be a first coming from Florida where it wasn't a concern. I also have to think about my lithium batteries.

Originally Posted by SCOTTinNJ View Post
Still hoping our paths will cross one day, even if you are Airstreamless.
We'll never be Airstreamless. I have been thinking a 23D might be the perfect size for boondocking and moving over though. But I am used to the 27 so \_(ツ)_/ who knows.

We actually have a business idea that involves about 7 vintage Airstreams. My mouth is zipped on that. I love brand and the trailers. And want to encourage more people my age to come over to the brand.
Family of 4 living, working & exploring the USA in our Airstream.
BoldAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:17 PM   #19
2006 19' International CCD
Denville , New Jersey
I have enjoyed your posts, you have made the best decision for your sweet family. Kee in touch here, we love your posts and heck if you have full hookups you could get some income as a city campground! We can even babysit
2006 Bambi CCD ("EireStream!!")
2010 Funfinder
2005 T@B
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:28 PM   #20
Silver Spud
1975 31' Sovereign
Twin Falls , Idaho
Congratulations and welcome to Idaho! We are in Twin Falls and if you have any questions on where to go in the sawtooths for boondocking give me a holler.
shadrick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:30 PM   #21
Rivet Master
2013 25' Flying Cloud
2008 30' Classic
Away from , North Carolina
Bold, we had lunch with Westcoastas in Escalante and he updated us on your course correction. As said before, family is first and we hope all your needs will be met in Boise. I must admit I had hoped that Jeanne and I would meet you guys somewhere in the boondocking world. Idaho is on our must see list, so maybe then.
Best of luck to you and your family.
Jeanne and John, and always with us...Jake
2008 30' Classic Ltd Rear twin, 2014 Ford Super Duty
WBCCI 3100, unit 12, TAC USA-1, Escapees 129379
SilverEagle6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:56 PM   #22
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
New Borockton , Alabama
Retired from the military in Boise and we finished raising our girls there before they went off to college. Lived there 10 years and we loved it! I still have my main business warehouse there but we moved south to open another distribution point in the southeast so we get the best of both worlds. We explored every nook and cranny we could and by far Stanley, ID and the sawtooths are the prettiest place we've ever seen. Great hunting and fishing if you're into that. Good luck!
Randy 208-514-8950
Converters, Inverters, Monitors, EMS, Zamp Solar
68 Overlander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:03 PM   #23
Rivet Slave
2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
BTW, I've been in love with the Sawtooths ever since I first saw them in Pale Rider. Amazing scenery. Really need to camp there someday.
Rocinante is our 2014 International Signature 27FB
(Named for John Steinbeck's camper from "Travels With Charley")

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:35 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member
2012 30' International
Ferndale , Washington
I'm in Joseph OR tonight and heading the back way to Boise tomorrow. Our travel companions have a grandson playing high school football Friday and we are going to a highly rated restaurant State and Lemp tomorrow night for dinner. After a couple days in Boise we will be in Sun Valley a few days (shopping for the wives and fly fishing for the guys, then on to the South Fork of the Snake (probably my favorite dry fly river of all time) (we have my 17' drift boat behind my friend's camper) and probably a drift in the lower Hemry's Fork. Lots of awesome country and great fly fishing around (if you like the thing!). I really love this part of the world! Rick
Riverdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:41 PM   #25
Rivet Master
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Settling down in Boise, Idaho

We are in Island Park right now and have been here many times. We like Idaho- RT 12 along the Lachsa is a favorite. Good luck to you as you settle in Boise.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
2014 25' Flying Cloud Rear Twin
2012 Dodge Durango Hemi/AWD
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:19 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member
1988 32.5' Airstream 325
Vista , California
You picked a great place to live! My ex, Steve, my daughter Erin and her family all moved to Boise ID. The ex's brother, Brian TK lives there and he wanted him to move there, then he invited my daughter and family because he and his wife love my kids so much. So Brian TK and his wife Marianna, and Marianna's sister all bought a house together and are renting it to Steve and Erin & Kenyon and kids. The cost of housing is HALF that of CA, cost of living is very cheap too, plus it's just plain beautiful there. My boyfriend and I are going there next summer for the Eclipse and we are all going camping. I can hardly wait!
Dysfunctional Veteran- does not always play well with others. 22 a day is 22 TOO MANY. (this number recently revised to 23 a day )
PammieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:42 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1966 24' Tradewind
Conifer , Colorado
You gotta change your user name to "Boise Adventure". It sure sound like you folks made a very wise decision. Keep in touch.

dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:20 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Well done Bold all around, especially that battery installation a while ago!

Happy Trails even at home . . .

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote