Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-21-2015, 09:38 AM   #15
Rivet Master
 
AWCHIEF's Avatar
 
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,135
Images: 33
In addition once max flight hours are reached all it takes is a basic physical and a waver can be granted. Happens all the time in the military and commercial flight world.

But back on point, the ad is a scam pure and simple. There are hundreds if not thousands of them on Craigslist every day.
__________________

__________________
MICHAEL

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:17 AM   #16
Rivet Master
 
Al and Missy's Avatar

 
2002 30' Classic S/O
Melbourne Beach , Florida
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,314
And if I remember correctly it's Delta Airlines, not Delta Airways.

Al
__________________

__________________

"You cannot reason someone out of a position they have not been reasoned into"

Al, K5TAN and Missy, N4RGO
2002 Classic 30 Slideout
S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
2001 Safari 25 RB Twin (Gone, but not forgotten)
WBCCI 1322, TAC FL-39, AIR 82265

Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:52 AM   #17
cwf
Rivet Master
 
cwf's Avatar
 
1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,928
Images: 2
Glad Y'all are having fun! I saw same problems y'all are!

The post has been reported to the site where it was posted. (It was not on the AS Classified site) Also reported to FBI, for what that is worth.
__________________
Peace and Blessings..
Channing
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #18
Rivet Master
 
SteveSueMac's Avatar

 
2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Missy View Post
And if I remember correctly it's Delta Airlines, not Delta Airways.

Al

Delta Airlines has Flight Crew - Delta Airways has Stewardesses.
__________________
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:10 AM   #19
cwf
Rivet Master
 
cwf's Avatar
 
1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,928
Images: 2
As a pilot, I know what it takes to "prepare" for flight, just to get to do what you like...sorta like being an Airstream Caretaker.... Hours of tedium, boredom, interspersed with moments of joy and/or terror.

I do not passenger in "winged busses" unless I am truly motivated...as in imminent, impending death. Nothing at all against those who choose to work in/on/around those busses.

For those who enjoy that work.... More power to you!

I love to fly! But, "commercial" passenger, I detest.

I was in the first flight to depart Austin when the 9-11 grounding was lifted. I wasn't scared...but the crew was. By the time they finished the first service I had them lead us in "God Bless America!" Everyone sang. It was one of those "moments"... We were not to be victims...

God bless America!
__________________
Peace and Blessings..
Channing
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:11 AM   #20
Rivet Master
 
Skater's Avatar
 
1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post
I do not passenger in "winged busses" unless I am truly motivated...as in imminent, impending death. Nothing at all against those who choose to work in/on/around those busses.

For those who enjoy that work.... More power to you!

I love to fly! But, "commercial" passenger, I detest.
I'm in the same bus as you - I absolutely hate commercial flying. Unfortunately, taking an Airstream everywhere isn't always practical... or even possible.
__________________
1995 Airstream Classic 30' Excella 1000
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab with Cummins 6.7L Diesel

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:22 AM   #21
Rivet Master
 
paiceman's Avatar

 
2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,433
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post
As a pilot, I know what it takes to "prepare" for flight, just to get to do what you like...sorta like being an Airstream Caretaker.... Hours of tedium, boredom, interspersed with moments of joy and/or terror.

I do not passenger in "winged busses" unless I am truly motivated...as in imminent, impending death. Nothing at all against those who choose to work in/on/around those busses.

For those who enjoy that work.... More power to you!

I love to fly! But, "commercial" passenger, I detest.

I was in the first flight to depart Austin when the 9-11 grounding was lifted. I wasn't scared...but the crew was. By the time they finished the first service I had them lead us in "God Bless America!" Everyone sang. It was one of those "moments"... We were not to be victims...

God bless America!
Loved this post. I was on four planes the first day air traffic was permitted after 911. First was out of PIT - fell asleep as usual before takeoff, 6:00 AM departure. Interesting in that there was hardly any conversation on the plane - crew was VERY professional and scared of everyone. Two Air Marshall's on board (I was and am good friends with one).

To the original post. Email scams are like the proverbial throwing S... against the wall - at some point some of it sticks. Used to be and at times still is via phone and they too work enough to make it worthwhile for the low lifers.
__________________
SAFE TRAVELS
2017 30' Classic - F350 6.7 Diesel Crew
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:54 AM   #22
Rivet Master
 
mimiandrews's Avatar

 
1966 22' Safari
Weatherford , Texas
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,425
Not so for commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
In addition once max flight hours are reached all it takes is a basic physical and a waver can be granted. Happens all the time in the military and commercial flight world.
Only way a commercial flight crew can exceed the duty day limits is to actually be airborne when the duty time expires--on a flight that was originally scheduled within the duty day limits. Flights scheduled for more than a standard duty day have to carry extra pilots so one can snooze in flight.
__________________
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:03 PM   #23
Rivet Master
 
Aviator's Avatar

 
1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,655
Images: 2
Not to make too fine a point, but It takes three words for Delta Air Lines. The quickest way to get an application bounced is to try and use only two.
__________________

__________________
Craig and Carol
1997 34' Excella 1000
1970 27' Overlander, International
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BEWARE SCAMMER looking at our ads frankandsue Dollars & Cents 21 02-22-2011 02:31 PM
please flag this scammer/spammer greenrig Title, VIN & Registration 2 04-28-2010 12:01 PM
Scammer lurking in our classifieds!! Becky B. Off Topic Forum 14 11-30-2008 04:47 PM
Nigerian scammer infilitrates classifieds.... Jim Jarzabek Off Topic Forum 7 01-19-2006 06:11 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.