Old 08-09-2003, 09:26 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Unhappy Safari Options?

Hello All,

Would anyone be privvy to the options available on the Safari line? Appearently, this is a closely guarded secret. There are no options listed on the AS website or in the 03 Brochure. An email inquiry about options to the factory has gone unanswered as of yet.

Thanks,

FlynG

Old 08-09-2003, 09:31 AM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Funny, I just posted last night questioning the specs posted on the site regarding the Safari. The 6 sleeper weights seemed way out of line compared to the 02 and 03 years. My next was to pass on an email and call Airstream directly.

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 12:04 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
GVWR for Safari 25SS

Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
Funny, I just posted last night questioning the specs posted on the site regarding the Safari. The 6 sleeper weights seemed way out of line compared to the 02 and 03 years. My next was to pass on an email and call Airstream directly.
I was in a 6-sleeper at the dealer today and there was a sheet that listed GVWR at 6300# laying on the counter. I presume that sheet went with that trailer.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 05:05 PM   #4
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Thanks John for the info. I thought it strange that there would be such a difference without a major change.

That is one thing that is frustrating with Airstream, go to three different places and get three different answers (web, brouchure and dealer--yep sum dealers know less about Airstreams then some fool off the street).

Wouldn't it be nice if Airstream made their website correct and list options too.

Life goes on....
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 08-31-2003, 07:37 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Would like to know proper offer on used '03 Safari. I think the 2 Fantastic fans would be additional options? Thanks for your help.
Carol
Old 08-31-2003, 09:13 PM   #6
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
As far as I can tell, one fantastic fan was standard and a second one, would be a special request since I do not believe it was a factory option. It adds about $400 to the unit from my conversations with Jackson Center over the past few months.

As for a fair price, take a look at some of the Airstream dealer websites. They also have used inventory on those sites. If you don't find any that match what you are looking for, take a look at rvtrader.com

Regards,

Eric
Old 08-31-2003, 09:53 PM   #7
lee
2 Rivet Member

Smile Re: options for safari 2004

In scanning the web sites on airstream I did uncover a PDF file from airstream that shows Options for 2004 safari TT's

Microwave/convection option for 19', 22' and 28'

10 CD changer for all safari sizes

15" 12 volt flat screen LCD TV with DVD and radio for alll safari's

Stereo upgrade for all safari sizes

Boondocker solar package for all safari sizes

Hope this helps you . I wish I knew this when I ordered my safari I woulk have loved to have the LCD tv and the convection oven/micro and boondocker package . But alas that is what I get for ordering a 22' 2004 in Late april 2004.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:17 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Question AS options

You might try a website I was given in august about options.
www.colonialairstream.com

or

[url]http://www.airstream.com/airstream/product_line/travel_trailers/docs/spec_safari.pdf

and look for 2003.

Isearched and searched until the above were given to me by Canoestream.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:57 AM   #9
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Re: Re: options for safari 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by lee
In scanning the web sites on airstream I did uncover a PDF file from airstream that shows Options for 2004 safari TT's

Microwave/convection option for 19', 22' and 28'

10 CD changer for all safari sizes

15" 12 volt flat screen LCD TV with DVD and radio for alll safari's

Stereo upgrade for all safari sizes

Boondocker solar package for all safari sizes
Strange that the 25' would not get the oven option.....

I have read in some info that the 15'LCD is an option, then in other Airstream propaganda, it isn't. I called Ace Fogdall the day before yesterday and on the 25' there was no mention of the 15' LCD as an option......

Eric
Old 09-04-2003, 07:22 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Options...

I received the options/spec sheet from A/S with an 03 Brochure this week. Kind of confusing as the spec. sheet and the floorplans in the 03 Broshure don't match up.
What has been said about the LCD TVs matches up with the options sheet. Incidently, Sam's had a brand X for $900. So with mounting hardware and the DVD player it may not be too expensive from A/S.
I still want a folding/hanging bunk option for the forward couch. Are you listening A/S?

Working in one aluminum tube while wishing for another.
FlynG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 01:57 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

If you call Airstream at (937) 596-6111 and ask for Andrea Davis in the Sales Department at extention 7417, she can FAX you a Standard Features sheet and a Retail Pricing/Sales Order form for all the 2004 models. The Retail Pricing/Sales Oder form lists all the options for each model with the pricing and weights. I have several of the 28 foot sheets that she sent to me last week.

Clark