Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Rv #7

Couldn't really figure out the best place to post this, so moderators move if needed.

We have had many family memories of camping starting with a 16' Fleetwood trailer, a Palomino pop-up trailer, a 23' Award trailer, a 27' Award trailer, a 29' Airstream trailer, a 34' Airstream trailer, and now a new 43' Newmar Dutch Aire diesel pusher. We have been considering a moho for the past 6 months or more. We have spent about 5 months of the past 12 months in the RV so we decided to upsize the RV and downsize the home.

The Airstream friends we have made in the past 6 years have been remarkable. I lurked on this website for a long time before posting and purchased my first Airstream (1992) sight unseen with the help of Roger in Iowa. JohnHD provided me many helpful hints since our 29' were twins. The rallys at Moraine State Park, Branson, 4Corners balloon rally, Wisc WBCCI were always full of new airstream friends. That's not to mention the on-line friends this forum has provided and the resources available. I haven't seen another forum like it. I know I will always have a "trained" eye for sighting Airstreams (like seeing 2Air in Lousiana parked at a picnic area along a state highway) or may still flash my lights anyway when I meet an airstream. My first Airstream landed in good hands (Bolouie) and if anyone is looking for a good used 2006 34' Classic, its at Lee's RV in Oklahoma City. Call for Randy in sales or send me a PM for info.

As we all know, Airstreams always draw attention. One of my favorites just happened a couple weeks ago when a young couple that passed us in a brand new bright yellow Camaro. The gal in the passenger seat had her window down and leaned out with her camera to get a picture of us cruising down the road with the 34'er in tow. Priceless.

We are already enjoying our new home(on wheels) which may or may not end up being our full-time residence. RVing is a great way to travel regardless of the method you use and a wonderful way to meet people.

I'll keep checking this website even if I don't own an Airstream anymore. I still have plenty Airstream attire to wear. God bless and see you down the road.
Rich

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Opelika , Alabama
Rich.. from a brand new member here.. hope you have safe travels and enjoy your new wheels..

I can't wait to get into my first Airstream...
AUstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Great Times!

Rich,

It sounds like you've had a great time with your RV's and that you'll continue enjoying the open road with your new rig. I gotta say wow, just WOW with that new MOHO! With a rig like that your could pull a small Airstream and tow a small car too. I've seen double trailers but that may require special permits and licenses and may be restricted in some states.

See ya down the road, Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
So Rich - gas up that Moho and head on down to see us in Albuquerque for the balloon rally - the way I see it - once an Airstreamer always an Airstreamer -

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Thanks Lucius. Didn't realize you had a 1992 29' as well. That's a great size and floorplan. We loved ours.

KenJ. Tempting to do. We'll see what our fall schedule looks like. We will find out in a couple weeks if we get on a summer construction job through our church. We have done that a couple summers now. One in PA and one is MT. A good way to spend the summer and see the area as well.

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
_

. , .
hi hooked'...

thanks for updating the family here on your new rig.

it was a nice surprise to see you out on the road recently...

how many people would actually make a U turn on a 4 lane'r

just to say hi to another streamer...very cool.

safe travels and don't get LOST with all that space.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote