Old 05-13-2003, 10:50 AM   #15

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Gee, now that we've completely hijacked Tony's thread with dog stuff, tell me about the fence you use. I was pondering a similar setup for our dogs.

Toaster: Yes, the dalmatian is young. The little one had her days too, but now that she's 7 she's settled down to be the perfect dog. I'm sure with time the dal will settle down as well. He's also a rescue and was abused, so maybe he's just making up for lost time now that he's happy and safe!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 11:01 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member
Send a message via Yahoo to Diana Langley
Dog fencing

I bought two folding fences at a local pet supply store. That gave me 32' of fencing and made a nice yard on one side of the trailer. they fold up and are quite compact.
My fence is 24" high, but they come taller if you have a dog that can jump.

I can't imagine NOT camping with my dogs! Even though they are old and gimpy, they are great companions and I still feel safe enough with them that I wll go to the middle of the desert by myself.
The photo to the left of this message is one of my desert outings....with the ramp, of course!

Pet Sitters take the "Board'em" out of Travel !
Diana Langley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 01:02 PM   #17
Rivet Master
Yorkshire , England

Say Tony...
Firstly BIG greetings from over the pond....Do U realise what U just said...ROUTE-66...U kinda got me going again there...Every time I say I'm going 2do it...I end up taking the Family to Orlando, 5 times we ended up there...then my D/D went to Bostom Ma:, a few times, last trip was Jan-03...all the " Girlies " went, I upgraded our car so that put pay to my dreams again, as we got another Boston trip planed for Jan 04,...I know it's COLD there then...but, well U know what it's!!!
One day I shall do it...if U do the trip, say a BIG hello for, and U must put lots of fotos of the trip on, 4 us 2 see...
Good luck with Yr new projects...Chris.....
It's NICE 2B Important...but it's more Important 2B NICE...Chris.....
canny_banjo_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:06 PM   #18
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Re: Route 66 is Screaming for Me... !! Need Advice!

Originally posted by LittleRadio
During my formative years, my father had an Airstream trailer. A Sovereign 32", I believe. Like a '76 or '77... I'm not sure. We went everywhere in that thing as a family: Myrtle Beach, Disney World, St. Petersburg, Upper Michigan, Appalachian Mountains (Skyline Drive), those were absolutely the best memories of my life.

My earliest recollection of camping was sleeping in my parents' NEW 1959 Rambler American with the seats folded down into a bed when I was about 4 years old! (Now you know I'm an old duffer...)

My first contact with an Airstream was when I was about 11 years old, and I remember it vividly to this day.

We began camping with my youngest son, now 13, when he was 6weeks old in our '70 Safari in California. He's grown up in Airstreams.

As you well know, camping and exploring with family shapes the future of your children, and is a hugely positive experience; even considering all of the whining that typically happens! That's forgotten with time, but the experiences are remembered always.

I had so much fun that I wanted to share that same lifestyle with my kids, and we have. I encourage you to talk with your wife about those issues. Even though she may be dubious at first, and perhaps not understand your perspective, hopefully she'll see your enthusiasm and it will be contagious.

Best of luck to you and your family. Look at every coach you can stick your head into. Each one will be an education, and will further you on the road to finding jus the right one!
AIR 2053 Current: 2006 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis, & 1995 Coachmen B-van
Former Airstreams: 1953 Flying Cloud, 1957 Overlander, 1961 Bambi, 1970 Safari Special, 1978 Argosy Minuet, 1985 325 Moho, 1994 Limited 34' Two-door, 1994 B190 "B-Van"
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:52 PM   #19
Rivet Master
Yorkshire , England
85MH325...& All...

Good evening 2u all...
Tony...reading what U sayin takin it on board, over the years I watched tv, all the US programms, like.....Wonder Years, Lassie, and that type of '50s the way I see it...DAD was the Guy who decided on the entertainment, who did the driving...setting up the tent and all related...poor MOM, just carried on the same, but she would be in the middle of NO-WHERE, instead of at home doing it...As we know...times have changed so much over the years...and now marriage IS a partenership, it's 50/50 all the way...( except in my D/W got 60 )....However !!!...
other new things, such as world travel became very popular in the '60s onwards...thus as it is 2day...a lot MORE people drive, a lot of women people independance and new roads to explore...Tony, I guess U recall all this, and try to recapture some of your youth...simply as U say...It's HOW we used 2do it as a child...I don't suppose if U hated it, U would do it ???...LOL...With 2 drivers and far, far better conditions, and modern motor vehicles, I guess there's NO stopping you, Gone are the "66" chicken bits for 66 cents, gone are roadside " Stop 'n by one" every mile or so, instead U have the " O K - fill her up 'n keep on truckin cafe's "...and motels every 2 miles... , but U know, no matter where U go, who goes with U ...have Yourselves a GREAT found a legal way to TAX memories...
...and the photo's speak for their selfs...Chris.....

It's NICE 2B Important...but it's more Important 2B NICE...Chris.....
canny_banjo_man is offline   Reply With Quote