Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-10-2002, 12:56 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Thumbs up Review: Bearbeds

I received my rear twin air mattress from www.bearbeds.com last week and I'm loving it. Prior to receiving this mattress, I woke up each and every morning stiff and soar. I just thought it was because my back is already toasted, but this air mattress showed me other wise. Since I've been sleeping on my new Bearbed, I've woken feeling refreshed and no stiffness at all.
The quality and workmanship is excellent. They also make other air mattress, from standard to deluxe. So if you are tried of waking up stiff and soar, this is one avenue to relieve this situation.
I'm sold, John
p.s. Tammy (customer service) is very helpful and is happy to answer all of your questions.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 11:47 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
bearbed update

Glad you posted an update on the airbed. A pic. showed the custon matress in the curved front twin lounge. In that use would you deflate the airbed each day or just sit on it as you would the regular cushion while dining?
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 05:32 AM   #3
Rivet Master

This is air mattress is designed for the "rear" twin bed, not for the front lounge. Yes, you do leave it inflated. The air mattress does not have as much support on its edge as does a inner spring mattress, thus if you want to sit on it, you have to sit more towards the middle for support. Inside of the air mattress assembly, the "air mattress" is surrounded by foam side walls. These side walls don't give the same support for sit on its edge as does a inner spring mattress. I hope I'm clear .
John
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 12:40 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
BEARBED

Yes John, I understand what you mean. Actually, I was referring to a pic i saw showing a bearbed on the front twin/lounge. From what you said I would conclude that the lounge application would be the same as rear or mid sleeping and not really for sitting on while eating or using as a sofa. Just curious about whether you'd have to inflate/deflate each time it was used for sleeping if you can't/shouldn't really sit on it. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
Could you provide a link to the picture you're referring to? I'm interested in the Bear Bed myself but would like to know if the air chamber is actually curved to fit the curved twins of if it's a rectangular air mattress forced into a curved foam frame.
craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote