Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2003, 07:44 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Questions

Having just purchased our first AirStream (and RV) I have a few questions. I appreciate your input!

1) I am interested in how you go about hanging items on the walls in the A/S. Examples: hat/clothes hooks, pictures, etc. (or do you?)

2) We have an Equalizer sway bar and would like to know while parked what to you do with it - we went out for one night this past weekend and while parked we took it off and placed it in the back of the car; however, this seems like a lot of extra work.

3) Why are there two switches for the water pump: one in the panel over the stove/oven and one in the bath area?

4) We have a skylight in the galley/living area and I am concerned about the sun and heat on the shade.

Thanks,
Sheila
WolfSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 04:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
Quote:

Questions
Having just purchased our first AirStream (and RV) I have a few questions. I appreciate your input!

1) I am interested in how you go about hanging items on the walls in the A/S. Examples: hat/clothes hooks, pictures, etc. (or do you?)

We don't have all that much room for placing things on the walls in our camper; however, we've hung one or two things up on an inside wall. There seems to be more room on a partition wall for pictures plaques, etc..., as well as it's a flatter surface for mounting.

Quote:

2) We have an Equalizer sway bar and would like to know while parked what to you do with it - we went out for one night this past weekend and while parked we took it off and placed it in the back of the car; however, this seems like a lot of extra work.

When we first started camping we found that it was a lot of work, but after we made a few trips, we soon started learning all of the short cuts which makes the job a lot easier. I have a large wooden tool box where I keep the tools, tension bars, hitch head and those type of things, located in the back of the pick-up. Before we had the pick-up we used this box in the back of the van; which was the most convenient set up I've had. Once you know what is needed and where everything is located the work of setting up camp becomes a lot less difficult. There's still a little work involved but it just becomes routine and a lot less time consuming.

Quote:

3) Why are there two switches for the water pump: one in the panel over the stove/oven and one in the bath area?

I think they are for convenience, one being near the kitchen while the other is in the bath room. You should be able to use either one for the pump whenever you need water pressure.

Quote:

4) We have a skylight in the galley/living area and I am concerned about the sun and heat on the shade.
Thanks,
Sheila

We used to have a sun roof in our previous camper and we hardly ever had them open. Whenever we were out we were always looking for a shady place to park anyway.

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:01 AM   #3
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Hanging items

I have used velcro to hang items on the curved walls.

The coating on the walls is not very receptive to the sticky side of velcro, so I cut out a thin piece of laminate or wood, applied the velcro to this laminate, then I used a screw to hold the laminate to the wall.

The picture has the opposite side of the velcro stuck to it.

This has worked very well for us.

Smily
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:23 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Re: Questions

Having just purchased our first AirStream

Hope you have many happy miles/trips in your new AS!!

1) I am interested in how you go about hanging items on the walls

Walls are curved, so I just install pictures/clock/etc on the flat surface of partition walls.

The first time you pull into a rest area while on a trip - and need water in the kitchen, just turn on the pump. Now if your first stop was the bathroom, and you did not turn on the water pump from the kitchen, and there was no switch in the bathroom ------ well you get the picture. These are three-way switches; either will turn the pump on/off.

Not sure what you mean here --- if it is heat coming into the trailer, you could use a foam "plug" --- pc of foam purchased from Home Depot cut to fit and can be easily installed/removed as needed.

my $.02
don

Old 08-07-2003, 06:30 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1996 30' Excella
Brighton , Michigan
We have two skylights in our A/S and they came with the shades which can be used to cut down on the sun light and also had a solid vinyl cover which blocks all sun light. The vinyl cover velcros in place and I always use these covers when the trailer is in storage.
Jim
apple 1 is offline   Reply With Quote