Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-11-2005, 09:21 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

question on warranty

Anyone out there run into problems in regards to having service done on a
airstream, at other then the dealer you purchased it at. I get the feeling that
the one closest to me is not to excited about taking a look at my new
2004 ccd 16ft. I would have gladly purchased one from the local dealer. I even
waited 2 months for him to get one? so I wound up driving 2400 miles to Ohio.
they had 3 2004 ccd's 16ft.
Now when I call for service his first question was did you buy it here!....
I told him I tried..... but they could not produce the unit.
Anyway he said that he would try to work me in, and to give him a call in the morning..... Just his attitude.... bothers me.......
imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:53 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Rivet

You should have driven to Fontana Calif. California RV always has several 16' Bambi's in stock. They also do great service but it is several hundred miles for you.
ardenrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:18 PM   #3
_

. , .
hi imagine
given these things are meant for "travel" it is completely un acceptable for a factory authorized dealer to deny or hassel an owner about service. i would not mention that i tried to buy from them......if asked, i'd just say no i didn't, not this time.....suggesting maybe next time. if despirate for service i might even say no i just moved here from .....in your case ohio.

many old time dealers will get "their" buyers in right away, and work in the others with appointments so you may just have to live with the scheduling bias, but if they balk at the service, do a poor job or only do the basics and suggest you take it back to ohio for the real service....i'd write a letter to the factory and send copies to thor ownership in ny and the airstream president in ohio. then i'd follow up 10 days later with phone and email to ny and jackson center. dealers carry the responsibilitity of providing service to ALL owners and agree to provide service as a condition to have a dealership. besides warranty work is usually billed and paid for anyway.

while you may have to bite your lip on the appointment issue speak up if they balk at the actual service.....that attitude is purely old school, bad for airstream, thor and stockholders like me...i just purchased a new ford truck and the selling dealer offers discounts and other perks if i bring them my service........but i expect real customer service and warranty work at any of the thousands of dealers nationwide, realizing that some may be better skill wise but all are expected to treat me like "their" ford customer.

cheers
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:07 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Along the same lines.......

does anyone send in the "umpteen" warranty cards (furnace, fridge, awning, tv, stereo, stove, microwave, tires, lp gas detector, CO detector, Fantastic fan, water heater, Moen faucets, etc) that come with the "new owner's" packet? I fully intended to send them into the respective companies.......but it takes so dxxx much time .....and when you do....you get on everyone's mailing/email list that you don't need more of !!
I figured I have a receipt when I purchased my AS and all the internal/external components....... that should be proof of when my warranty started.......do I need to provide more information than that?

Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 07:41 AM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
The warranty should be honored without question at ANY authorized Airstream service center. Though we all know most dealerships take care of thier own, in the end I am sure they'd catch heat from the factory if they were clearly discriminating and keeping customers at an arms length. To me though, the REAL question would be who is actually good at repair. I've hear more horror stories than success stories out there and for me, Jackson Center is only about 5 hours away and that's my plan. There are a few closer to me, but one I had a not so great exp with and folks on this fourm told me about what they thought of the other....so I just incorporated it into a trip and will take care of it. I do know however that a few folks know of a few places in CA that do great work on Airstreams, but I can't recall who or where they are.

I have never sent the cards in myself as I feel it's mostly a marketing hook FWIW.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:51 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

There are a lot of new dealers selling a lot of Airstreams. Service must be an issue if they are new and not experienced with Airstream.

I always use C&G Trailer Service in Bellflower, CA. They have been around for many years and only work on Airstream. Website is www.cgtrailer.com.