Old 06-10-2004, 09:20 AM   #1
Sue 1235
2003 34' Classic
Palm Beach Gardens , Florida
Smile Practical Airstreaming

I am new to this forum but not new to Airstreaming. I have 10 years and 18 caravans worth of experience. If I can help any of the newbies I would love to. (No mechanical stuff but practical stuff).
Also, I strongly believe that both people should know how to drive the rig, hook up the hitch and hook up water, electric, dump etc. Too many of my friends learned to drive their rig because the husband was sick. Not a good way to learn.
Anyway, good luck to all of you!

03 34' classic
02 3500 Chevy Silverado dually crew cab (back seat for the dog!)

Sue Yeutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:44 AM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Hi Sue, welcome to the forum. I think it's great to have another voice of experience on here. 18 Caravans! You must have had a LOT of adventures over the years! What kinds of places have you been to?

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 11:00 AM   #3
1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Welcome Sue. Wish you would share some of your most vivid experiences - both good and bad.
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 11:35 AM   #4
Sue 1235
2003 34' Classic
Palm Beach Gardens , Florida

My husband Bob & I have been all over the US and Canada on many WBCCI caravans, also to New Zealand (ICA International Caravanning Club), Western Europe (Airstream) and England, Scotland & Wales (WBCCI). They all were great. In Western Europe we had lots of directional adventures (read lost) since neither of us could read most of the signs. The caravan leaders on all caravans gave great travel instructions but the European one was the most challanging. Bob got very very good at U-turns with our rented camper.
He passed away unexpectedly last year so I am travling alone now. Very important - don't pass up an oppurtunity to travel, you never know what will happen.
All the caravans were great but I think the best, other than the overseas ones, were Western Canada caravans, Alaska and the Polar Bear Caravan. Polar Bear was a real adventure and I'd recommend it to anyone with a spirit of adventure.

PS I am on my way the the International Rally in Lansing so I won't be on every day.
Sue Yeutter is offline   Reply With Quote