Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-22-2004, 02:46 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Ron,

Your house looks fabulous! I'll bet your A/S resto's will be the same.

Thanks for sharing!

X
67caravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:45 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Whew!!!

I was afraid that I was going to get yelled at by someone for changing the thread to revolve around me....that wasn't the point, but since bold colors came up, I jumped at the chance to show off the house....

THanks X-Ray, hope to have more pics of the rehab posted tonight....THe aluminum is almost done, other than going back and nit-picking the little things, and dented panels that need to be replaced.

Hey Sparkle, I think you should go for it, and sorry about those of us that ramble on, and change the subject. I hope thenewkid was able to answer your questions, and definately share with us your pictures when you do it!!!

Thanks
ROn
Old 04-22-2004, 05:09 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2004 22' International CCD
Oakland , California
oh that's o.k.! I thought it was really cool. (I do happen to be a designer). It's not so much whether anyone thought my scheme was appealing or not, but more about just the consequences of customizing a newer model's interior or not. Even though it's all mine, I seem to think I shouldn't mess with it for some reason. I think I got a lot of great feedback though so thanks again to everybody who responded.
sparkleplenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 08:25 PM   #24
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
I think that with a name like "Sparkleplenty," you simply CAN'T NOT paint your Airstream irreversibly, unequivocally, unabashedly pink!

However, I'm taking it upon myself to speak on behalf of the eventual, probable SO (subsequent owner).

"I'd like to request that no matter what color you paint the interior, that you do it cleanly, with precision that looks like you took your time and didn't goop it all over the place. Thanks."
Old 04-22-2004, 08:29 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

Van,
My husband and I got a good laugh out of your "Husband's Override Card". Of course I told my husband that he does not own such a card! Thanks.

Sparkleplenty,
Quote:
Go for it - you only live once! Do what makes you happy!
WolfSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:02 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Red face

Quote:
I would like to change my whole 22 ft ccd into an over-the-top pink extravaganza
It's a CCD...I doubt the walls will painted pink! Go for it with all the pink upholstery, drapes, area rugs & accessories you want!

Those are all the things a new "resale" owner would replace anyways ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:45 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
OK, that's even better...

A CCD with all pink interior would rock!!! I'll come hang out with you when it's done
Old 04-24-2004, 07:34 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
my 2 cents...fwiw

i had an idea during my morning walk today.....get a landscape painter to paint a sunrise with pink hues in the front....that way you can truthfully say no matter what time you wake, that you always get up at sunrise...
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 11:14 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Okay... I'm gonna weigh in here and say, yes, it IS a particularly bad idea to PAINT the interior of a relatively new CCD pink. It's not the same as doing a much lower-priced vintage trailer in pink.

You've already paid quite a premium for the bare aluminum and other CCD features, and subsequent CCD buyers will be looking for those CCD features. To get paint to stick to the coated aluminum and laminates, they're going to have to be sanded, and primed, if not etched. It's a permanent thing.

I won't go as far as saying it will reduce your resale value, but I will say that it will dramatically shrink your market to those who have the same tastes as you do. It may take you a long time to find a buyer who wants, and is willing to pay, the going price of a relatively new CCD, for a pink trailer. Perhaps Mary Kay would buy it from you to offer as one of their prizes. Your gut instinct tells you that from what I've read in your posts.

Shari has a much better idea, with using pink shades/curtains, linens, and other accessories. You can probably have pink slip covers made for the dinette cushions. Keep all the original stuff so you can put the trailer back to original.