Old 08-14-2017, 04:38 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
We have a 30' for weekend getaways...
So do we, and couldn't be happier. No problems towing for weekend getaways, and tons of room for longer trips. We could sleep 6 if needed, but we're really happy with the space for just my wife and I. Very civilized!

WBCCI #1783, Region 2, Ontario Canada Unit
Brawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:08 PM   #16

2017 25' International
Del Mar , California
Hi Sam and Katie,
We are a family of 3 as well, but our son is 13. We started with a 2017 23D international. After 2 months where we took took 3 long weekend style trips we realized that the 23D was not working for us. We traded it in for a 2017 25FB international and that size works just perfectly for the 3 of us on long weekends. Some CA state parks won't work for us due to the length, but overall there are still plenty of options.

Best Regards,
Gene

Old 08-14-2017, 05:16 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
It depends on your needs. Kids require "stuff". There's got to be a place to put it, even a crib on the floor.
My requirements would be:
1. Dual axles, especially if you visit remote areas.
2. A bed where I wasn't touching the walls and could change sheets without looking like a circus act.
3. A shower that I can fit into and stand and turn in.
4. A toilet where I don't have to open the door to pull up my pants.
5. A place to sit where I don't have to watch TV sideways or convert a dinette.

Everything else is flexible.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:42 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2008 23' International
Chicago , Illinois
We have a 23ft rear bedroom and just love it. We looked at the larger 25, but the 2 ft extra space was mostly closets and hallways, not space that we considered useful for our lifestyle. We looked at the smaller ones but decided we did want the double axel. At the end of the day we sleep in our trailer but try and spend quality time outside, and weather permitting. I limit cooking in the trailer because I don't want the smells. We mostly stay at National and State parks and size really is an issue, especially when you prize spontaneity. We rarely use the TV or microwave because we rarely have shore-power at our campsites. Our longest trips have been about 5 weeks each and if we were to replace we would stick to the 23 foot size. In the 23 foot rear bed you should be able to have 2 kids sleep on the couch/dinette in sleeping bags with their heads at the far ends feet pointing at each other, without having to tear down things at night. If you camp to experience the outdoors, do not try to replicate your indoor life in the Airstream, I cook and prep outside most of the time, we sit and read outside, eat outside, only come in if it is raining. Airstreams are not very good in cold weather either, unless hooked up to shore power (and not even then) so plan to use it as a base and spend time outside.