Old 01-16-2004, 09:33 AM   #127
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
If he had stayed....he'd have made a great target for target practice!

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 09:50 AM   #128

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Strange sights

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
Surely poodles would be allowed in exclusive parks with length, age and beauty restrictions?

Speaking of poodles we were camped in a Michigan campground years ago when a couple pull in and set up. Much to our surprise they pull out three baby crankup swings. You know those A frame units with the spring crank on top? Well they proceed to then bring out 3 small poodles dressed up in baby bonnets. They put each of them in a chair, much like you would an infant. At that point they activate the chairs, the old man and wife pull out their lawn chairs and drink martini's all evening. I wish I had a video cam in those days.

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 09:54 AM   #129
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
Question

do you wonder if they were thinking"outside the box"?
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 11:15 AM   #130
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Re: Strange sights

Quote:
Originally posted by jcanavera

Speaking of poodles we were camped in a Michigan campground years ago when a couple pull in and set up. Much to our surprise they pull out three baby crankup swings. You know those A frame units with the spring crank on top? Well they proceed to then bring out 3 small poodles dressed up in baby bonnets. They put each of them in a chair, much like you would an infant. At that point they activate the chairs, the old man and wife pull out their lawn chairs and drink martini's all evening. I wish I had a video cam in those days.

Jack
And I thought we spoil our pets....
Terry
Old 02-29-2004, 09:44 PM   #131
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
... more times than not, parents just turn their kids loose on the campground and fail to respect that others are around. It's a BIG problem ...
Yeah, no joke! And those kids can be incredibly destructive, too.

Lynn
Old 02-29-2004, 10:17 PM   #132
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I forgot about this thread....just in time for the new camping season.

It's a shame most parents can't keep their kids in line. This past year was about a 50/50 mix of places where it was nice and places where kids were all over...in your campsite, through the your campsite, etc..... basically a total disrespect for other campers.....
Old 03-01-2004, 07:50 AM   #133
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
I forgot about this thread....just in time for the new camping season.

It's a shame most parents can't keep their kids in line. This past year was about a 50/50 mix of places where it was nice and places where kids were all over...in your campsite, through the your campsite, etc..... basically a total disrespect for other campers.....
OTOH... it's a shame that some of the kids can't keep their PARENTS in line too! You know the ones... while the kids are running all over screaming and trashing stuff... the parents are swearing and bellowing at the top of their lungs, tossing beer cans like napkins blowing in the wind, and generally being obnoxious neighbors. Their RV's and/or cars look like Jethro Clampett's pickup, and sound like a Harley with straight pipes.

You haven't seen those guys, have you?

Roger
Old 03-01-2004, 07:55 AM   #134
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I have seen those types too, but I might just have been a bit lucky not to have run into as many.

For me, I agree, ignorant is ignorant and stupid is as stupid does. You don't necc need to be a kid to offened other campers adults can do an even better job...they just have less energy to tear up other people's campsites and the campground at large.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:15 AM   #135
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Ying and Yang

I am truly amazed at the posts in this thread.

I have been listening to Airstreamers for a year now, complain that Airstreaming is not family oriented and does not meet their needs as a family with children

Now there are a gaggle (Pun) of Airstreamers complaining that the children are problematic............................

There is an article coming up in this months Blue Beret that speaks to exactly this. I hope you enjoy it.

As for me, I will be bringing my kid(s) and plenty of JOLT cola and taking them on un-restrained tours of the CG to say a cheerful hello to all of the campers and let them know how much fun we elitist Airstreaming banjo wielding trouble makers can have in three days.

We will be in Ocean Lakes Campground if any of you non-children campers need to change your reservations, we will miss you Just let me know if you need me to post a schedule so you wont be tasked with running from the CG's that you thought were only patroned by empty nesters.

Oh, and my dog can only reach your tires, no need to worry about your pretty aluminum rims, but he does paint pretty water color on opaque, (looks good on black background), we call him Renoir

Kids and pets are GREAT!

SMily
Old 03-01-2004, 11:18 AM   #136
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Thumbs up

Great post, Ken.

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:22 AM   #137
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I don't think the majority of the folks here are complaining about kids, pets etc in general. Me, I have no issue with kids or pets in a campground until the parents and owners don't respect the fact that there are other campers around. The kids are whizzing by your rig in your campsite, the dogs bark all day long and like Roger pointed out, you get someone that's had too much to drink acting like he or she is at a truck stop.....

Personally I don't think it's too unresonable for others to put a leash on their kids and pets and to act like they are in a public place where others are there to relax as well.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Eric
Old 03-01-2004, 11:57 AM   #138
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
and like Roger pointed out, you get someone that's had too much to drink acting like he or she is at a truck stop.....

Uhhh, what does that mean, "acting like he or she is at a truck stop"?
How do you act at a truck stop? Do you suddenly order a chicken fried steak smothered in cream gravy? Do you fill up with diesel?

As for kids running amuck, and barking dogs, well, what can I say? Those same kids probably run loose at home, too.

Elizabeth in Iowa
Old 03-01-2004, 12:03 PM   #139

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I talked to one campground owner and his problems with vandalism and destruction are usually kid related. Obviously the problems start at home and some of these kids have never been taught to respect the property of others. You know you are in trouble if they have a dog and they allow it to run unleashed. You can guarantee the kids are the same way.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 12:22 PM   #140
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
I don't think the issue is pets and kids but UNRULY kids and pets. Kids that are respectful and well behaved ADD to my enjoyment of a campground. I remeber watching a group of kids play baseball in the road in front of my site. I enjoyed watching them as they had fun, were respectful of each other and other campers. But then there was the two kids who kept circling my site with their bikes because of the cool A/S. They kept talking to each other accross my site til I told them to get lost. But they came back. Or the kids that play in your site and leave their toys laying around as a mine field.

Same with UNRULY pets. It all goes back to the parents.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote