Old 03-16-2004, 02:07 PM   #43
nds
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
In the sequel to Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie's hit Fox reality show "The Simple Life," the socialites-turned-TV stars are driving themselves on a 30-day cross-country trip with no money, credit cards, cell phones or boyfriends.
No money or credit cards and they're going to drive across country? How far do they get on that first tank of gas and, how do they get money for more gas.....

Hmm, maybe this will be worth watching. Sure it isn't on HBO?

Old 03-16-2004, 03:06 PM   #44
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I am sure the show will cover basic costs (food, gas, propane, etc). If not, I am sure those two could pry a few bucks out of some guys wallet somehow....

As for dumping the tanks, I really doubt they would have to do it...I am sure there will be staff doing the grunt work of connecting, re-connecting, tank dumping, etc.....wouldn't want them to break a nail or anything serious!

Now if I'm wrong and those two numbskulls have to do it, it will be even more interesting!

Old 03-16-2004, 03:10 PM   #45
2 Rivet Member

i belive that was Jessica Simpson, and her husband Nick Lachey! That was funny!
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefrobrts

My husband loved to watch Punk'd, and on one ep they tortured some backstreet boy by convincing him some distant hillbilly relatives of his wife had shown up in this nasty old motorhome, and were settin' up camp on the front lawn of their mansion in their exclusive CCR neighborhood. It was pretty hilarious
Old 03-16-2004, 03:18 PM   #46
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
I am sure the show will cover basic costs (food, gas, propane, etc). If not, I am sure those two could pry a few bucks out of some guys wallet somehow....

As for dumping the tanks, I really doubt they would have to do it...I am sure there will be staff doing the grunt work of connecting, re-connecting, tank dumping, etc.....wouldn't want them to break a nail or anything serious!

Now if I'm wrong and those two numbskulls have to do it, it will be even more interesting!
...yeah...the challenge today is for Paris to change the little three amp fuse in the power control center of the AC/Heat pump on the roof...
Old 03-16-2004, 03:27 PM   #47
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
...Wally's spinning in his grave.....
Old 03-16-2004, 03:44 PM   #48
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally posted by crazylev
...Wally's spinning in his grave.....
I doubt it. His caravans and all of the pictures and articles were early versions of the same thing. The only difference was the folks that went had a higher IQ and wanted to see the world. Wally was a a savvy marketer.

If the trailer can stand up to the abuse that the girls give it, the publicity will be priceless. Most of the TV viewing public wants to have or use whatever the rich and famous have and use. It will help Airstream if the product is seen in a favorable light. Who better to do this that someone that has no idea how any of this stuff works. Then it becomes a non-issue to the hesitant buyer. If they can do it I can too becomes a sale.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 04:09 PM   #49

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
It's a great deal for Airstream. As we know, much of the general public doesn't even know they still make those. Obviously Hollywood does, since they seem to be pretty popular there. Now folks will be seeing one on TV every week - good deal for AS! I hope they got all their quality control issues nailed down. Hate to see it get flooded from a loose sink pipe or something halfway through the show. But they say any publicity is good publicity.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 04:14 PM   #50
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Quote:
But they say any publicity is good publicity.
Janet Jackson may disagree
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 05:23 PM   #51
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
It's a great deal for Airstream. As we know, much of the general public doesn't even know they still make those. Obviously Hollywood does, since they seem to be pretty popular there. Now folks will be seeing one on TV every week - good deal for AS!
I suspect Airstream president Dicky Riegel's fingerprints are all over this one. Dicky knows the interior of the CCDs has strong appeal to the under-40 crowd, but how do you show it to them? Most young people don't spend much time at RV shows or RV dealers, but they DO like to watch pretty young blondes on TV. Dicky probably called a Hollywood mogul and offered him a free CCD in exchange for the publicity. I'm sure it's cheaper than an Airstream advertising campaign, and will probably get better results as well. A win-win situation for everyone.

If this is indeed Dicky Riegel's strategy, I think it's brilliant.

Have to admit, though, that I've never seen the show.

- Charlie
Old 03-16-2004, 05:37 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Quote:
but they DO like to watch pretty young blondes on TV
Paris Hilton is pretty? Then I'm freakin' Cheryl Tiegs
Old 03-16-2004, 05:42 PM   #53
Site Team

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally posted by thenewkid64

Janet Jackson may disagree
I think Janet Jackson might agree totally! She hadn't been in the news lately except as her brother Michael's sibling.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:50 PM   #54
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Re: Paris and Nicole At The Dump Station

Quote:
Originally posted by Pick
I wonder if they will have a segment with their first experience dumping the black tank?
They have to eat, to have something to dump!
Terry
Old 03-16-2004, 06:26 PM   #55
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Howdy Cheryl...

Quote:
Originally posted by summerkid

Paris Hilton is pretty? Then I'm freakin' Cheryl Tiegs
Howdy Cheryl... haven't seen ya 'round for a while!

Honestly, I'm out of touch. I had to do a Google search to find out who the h*ll Paris Hilton was, and why anyone would give a d*mn about why she'd want to go 'cross-country in an Airstream. I'm still not sure why anyone would give a d*mn about her and her clueless wealthy friend... but "reality TV" has become King. Kinda scares me about the future of our country when you consider what the U.S. considers to be valuable entertainment...

Roger
Old 03-16-2004, 08:05 PM   #56
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Unhappy This is scarey

Generally I will attempt to watch anything with an Airstream in it but this one I might have to pass on. I watched about 5 minutes of the Simple Life and had to switch out. It was about the stupidest contrived thing on TV this year.

Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote