Old 04-02-2003, 05:00 PM   #29
Rivet Master
2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Camping World has their MasterBuilt Grill/Griddle and also the deep fryer pot that goes with it on sale too.

The legs are pretty short so it's a table top unit, but MasterBuilt has others with longer legs and different size pots/turkey cookers, etc.

Here's another store that sells their products.

We like this because we can do all the grilling, frying and deep frying outdoors instead of getting grease in the trailer.

RoadKingMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 05:55 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus
1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Butane Stove

Here's the butane stove I got on Ebay for $17, with carry case. Not a grill, but good for boiling spaghetti, roasting peppers, frying, etc. Fuel can is on right. These can be hard to find, but West Marine has them, as do many food service companies, and marine stores.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	butane.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1889  

2003 GMC 2500HD 4X4 D/A Ext. Cab
Propane Powered Honda EU2000i
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:57 PM   #31
2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
the levulator

I am the guy that hugged and kissed your Bambi at the RV show prior to your buying it. I am in Logan Square, and, yes that is a Chicago Beer Society Apron. Are you familiar with our group? As far as the Lev-U-Lator goes, it is constructed using many feet of 3/4" Type L copper plumbing pipe. The side thing is the fire-box made out of aluminum. With the front door off the unit, there are three rack levels. Mostly I use this thing for slow cooking my award-winning-kick-ass-somewhat kosher-pork back ribs, loins, turkeys, etc. Every September, the Beer Society has a Chili and Rib cook-off, and this year I plan on winning..again.

As an update to our A/S saga, my wife and I have to wait until next year to consider purchasing. We have 16 old windows in our house that were screaming for our attention imediately. One thing is the new windows will be clad in alluminum (bronze).

In the mean time I'll continue to read and take part in the forum and keep you all up to date, especially if we win a lottery.

Here is a link to the Chicago Beer Society

crazylev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 10:27 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member
I like the Holland "Companion" Gas Grill...

Camping World was carrying them...
Not inexpensive but VERY durable. My larger "Classic" Model at home has lasted over 10 years and is still going strong...

I use it 3-4 nights a week...

I currently use the "Exendaflow", but when my rig's gas lines are replumbed for an Olympic Heater I plan to have them run a Tee with a manual shut off to the side of the trailer...
94 30 Ft. Front Kitchen Excella
99 GMC 2500 6.0L Ext.Cab. 8ft Bed

ARE Shell Topper
SKP46015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 02:25 PM   #33
Gas Grill Users Opinions Wanted

I used to use Lava rocks, then I switched to the ceramic briquettes, my pal uses higher priced ceramic briquettes, and now I have bought some kind of metal shield with many small holes in it. It replaces all of the above. Not as many flare ups, but still a few.

I suppose now I just have an outdoor oven?
I have also seen a shield that appears to be cast aluminum with bezeled facets moulded into the surface to also replace the rocks.

A long time grill salesman I know says that the lava and the briquettes(fake) do exactly the same thing. Amplify and distribute the heat ..a little. They also soak up some of the grease and juices of whatever you are grilling and may return some "flavor" to something you grill later. He says the cheaper Lava works just as well as the briquettes.

Have you ever noticed that in the ads that the fake briquettes are glowing like real coals? I usually grill in daylight but my sales friend says very few if any of the briquettes come into close enough flame contact to glow at all.

My question is what is you guys opinion of all the forms of grill "rocks" or shields and what do you think they accomplish?

BTW I much prefer my charcoal pit too, and use it 4 to 1 over the gasser.
pap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 07:37 AM   #34
Moderator Emeritus
1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Mesquite Ceramic Briquettes

Pap, I bought some of the above at Home Depot. They seem to hold up better than lava rock. The mesquite part is questionable though. Of course, my brother in Tucson, thinks gas grills are the pits. He grills with REAL mesquite all the time, as he has an unlimited supply out there. He is even making his own charcoal!

2003 GMC 2500HD 4X4 D/A Ext. Cab
Propane Powered Honda EU2000i
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote