Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2018, 01:02 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
PARK CITY , UT
outcasts

ISO where We Airstreams Are Welcome!
im shopping for an airstream as a place to live while I rent my home out for the ski season this year.
Knowledge of how difficult it is to secure marinas for my oversize Catamaran made me call the only RV park first.
I asked about spots and long term, then “what is too big, or not welcomed there” ?
The owner must realize she is the ONLY RV park in my posh ski town, so she skipped the charm and politeness, spatting that She is booked until next winter and THEN a waiting list, thats full.
Oh and did I say I may want to buy a pad... Well there are NO airstreams in this park...! and You must OWN a RV before you can purchase a pad.
Only either a Class A,, less than 10 yrs old or a Fifth Wheel, less than 5 years old.
Well I was pretty sure I knew Claas A & then googled Fifth Wheel...YUK.
And then I thought why would I want a Class A? Then Tow a car? oh great my catamaran on wheels!
So Please for the love of Bambi..lol like that..
Tell me where Airstreams go? if they live in a ski town...in Utah!?
Or Do I move because I only want an Airstream..im from the South & we know what we like!
And maker her vintage chill, with a splash of sass.
We need Airstream ONLY Parks! Until I can buy & make one, or buy a lot to live on & build later.
Can You suggest where I find land or an Airstream friendly park?
southernsass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:18 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
http://www.viewrvs.com/airstream-parks.php
Old 08-19-2018, 07:13 AM   #3
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Simple answers:

1) Airstreams are 3 season vehicles. They get stored in the winter in ski country ( or they go south). Indoor storage ( barn maybe) is the preferred approach.

2) It is not uncommon to drive a half hour one way to get to storage in a "normal" area. Some drive a bit further than that to get to the closest storage lot.

3) Plan B in some areas is to store the trailer on the property you already own. That only works in some cases.

When out and about, finding a place to park is rarely an issue. If I want a space in a very popular park, yes, I need to plan ahead. The (was 5 now 6+ week) trip I'm on now took ... err ... two hours to plan and book all the reservations. In some cases the route was tweaked to fit the places with space. The whole thing was set up two days before we pulled out to the first campsite.

One wonderful part of living in the west is the abundance of BLM land. Camping there is a bit different than an RV park, but the views and price are very much on the plus side of the equation.

Lots of options !!

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:01 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
Marinas and RV parks on the surface may seem similar but they are different. Asking what's too big or not wanted there would put her defenses to red alert status.

Either way it's August. Being booked to and through winter isn't all that unusual. Many places here in Florida have to be booked a year in advance.

Why would you want to move out of your dwelling into a trailer in the winter where you have to burn a lot of propane, freeze proof piping/hook ups, and work through all the winter problems? Making money? Is it really that worth it? We had some project managers that rented out their homes when on the road working on an out of town project. In every case the wear and tear on the house and yard from the renters wasn't worth the effort of moving all of your stuff.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:04 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
Google earth shows four other RV resorts on that side of the mountains. Never stop at just one park.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote