Old 10-19-2016, 02:08 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Lake Wylie , South Carolina
We placed an order in July of 2015 for a new Classic. We were told that it would be about 6 months before delivery. We picked it up at the dealer on January 4th 2016.
While at the factory this past summer we took the tour and understood from the tour guide that it could still take 6 months for delivery. They were 1200 units behind. And we have had the same experience of phone calls not being returned, from two different dealers in our area.

Paul and Linda Hardin
WBCCI 21870
2016 Airstream Classic 30'
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab Turbo Diesel 4x4
Vietnam Veteran Army 70 - 71
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:32 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member
2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
I just ordered from Windish today. They told me December time frame. 2017 23D bunk.

I wanted to eliminate the sky port on the front and upgrade the wore gauge for solar prewire. I read in another forum that this could be done for $500-$700.

Before ordering I called 5 different dealers and they all called the factory and got the same answer. Too busy, we used to do that but not anymore, go to aftermarket for these mods. Also they will upgrade ties to 16 inch and put michelins on, but only on 25 and larger.

So it's seems that the tour guide was spot on, no customization unless it's an offers option.

Troutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
2017 27' International
Siesta Key , Florida
Ordered ours from Tampa RVOne and it arrived two weeks earlier than expected, The downside was when we did the walk thru and noticed a scratch in the sink. Took forever for Tampa Rv to get the new sink from Airstreams supplier. They were very good about getting it in right away.
rollieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:55 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Seattle , Washington
Colonial (just for example) has 2 27's and 4 28 ft Flying Clouds on their lot right now - unless you want something strange (that will be hard to sell), could be on the road by Saturday.

Check the bigger dealers - bet the top 10% sell more than the bottom 90% - and they have the most inventory.
vito98103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:07 PM   #19
2010 20' Flying Cloud
Lakeside , Montana
Originally Posted by roadwarriors View Post
Has anyone purchased their AS from Colonial in Lakewood, NJ. Wondering how your experience/service was with them. Thanks.
We traveled from MT to buy from this dealer because of huge discount. Salesperson (Patrick) was great as was svc. dept. Sales manager, not so much, but we'd buy there again.
StreamDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:45 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member
2017 28' Flying Cloud
Stow , Massachusetts
So we totally understand the schedule change as this happens in so many industries.

It was just the lack of communication on other questions..... Then a miracle the two folks we have been working with contacted us to bring us up to speed. They were very helpful as when we started the process. Hmmm

Owning 3 businesses I understand that....communication is huge!
comeonletsgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:55 PM   #21
Rivet Master
2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
I was told by a very large West Coast dealer that since they were the leader in sales in the US that it would only take 4 to 6 weeks. So, is there a list of priority dealers?

I'm glad we found exactly what we were going to order in stock at another West Coast dealer.
2017 Airstream International Serenity 25FB
2016 RAM 2500 Crew Cab Cummins 6.7 Diesel
interstateflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:32 PM   #22
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Originally Posted by interstateflyer View Post
I was told by a very large West Coast dealer that since they were the leader in sales in the US that it would only take 4 to 6 weeks. So, is there a list of priority dealers?

I'm glad we found exactly what we were going to order in stock at another West Coast dealer.
Amazing how many dealers claim to be the "leader in sales" or largest. Airstream does put out a list and honors their top dealers at the annual meeting in Jackson Center. A friendly dealership might be willing to show it to you.
WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:50 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member
2017 30' International
Virginia Beach , Virginia
We ordered our 2017 Int'l Serenity 30' over the phone on April 14th from Safford RV in Thornburg, VA (right off I-95 if you've ever driven through). Ken promised us delivery on 30 July. And on 30 July at 0900, we took delivery. Our experience was positive all the way around. Would buy again. Ken returned all my calls and emails and when my new TV didn't arrive when promised, Ken let me store the AS for two months rent free. The AS section of Safford RV is growing dramatically, they've moved to a new AS-only building with over 90 AS in stock (as of two weeks ago). I talked to Ken last week about the new Basecamp and he said he's getting 12, with 9 of them already sold.
Escape_Plan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:29 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
We bought our 2017 from Haydocy in Columbus, OH. Eric Davis is the sales person. We had numerous calls and contact with him both via phone and email. We continued this conversation even after delivery with questions etc and his response is within 24 hours OR if no response directly either someone at the dealership contacts me OR as in my questions no the Alde system someone from Airstream called me and emailed me.

We had an issue with the Alde system, no glycol/water mix in the heating part of the system when we got our trailer home. Immediate and satisfactory response from Eric, the sales manager Aaron as well as the factory. The factory gave us several options and we selected a visit to the factory as we had never been. Terrific experience.

As to backlog - as of three weeks ago 1,800 trailer back log.

If you get a build date on your trailer you can visit the factory and watch it being built.

Bud & Alice (Bud posts)
Abby- Black Lab-TDI Certified
Hopey-Yellow Lab-TDI Certified
2017 30' Classic
2015 F350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 05:16 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member
2017 30' Classic
Loretto , Ontario
We ordered our 17 Classic the end of July and took delivery mid September. I agree with the comment about the batch production scheduling. We were told our timing was spot on for a faster than normal delivery. We asked to have our trailer built with out the 2 skylights but were told this could not be done because it would require a computer program change in the
machine that cuts the roof panels. We did however change the awning colour.
Dealer communication was excellent, Thanks Can-Am
Naper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:13 AM   #26
Rivet Master
2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
It is my suspicion that short delivery time is not a preference for a large dealer, but rather a stream of trailers in the pipeline that have been ordered by the dealer which can be converted from ordered for stock units to customer sold units. If a dealer has very few trailers on order, their ability to convert is limited and you get in line. Therefore there is a significant difference in delivery times from dealer to dealer. Maybe someone visiting the factory can confirm.

PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:34 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
GILBERT , Arizona
The Mother Ship has orders back up to around 1500 right.

AS is the most wanted TT right now, I hope they are putting good work into them and not doing rush jobs to fill all these.
David & Nancy Ames
WBCCI # 9403 -- AIR # 95597
2015 FC 25' RB
2013 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
dames7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:17 AM   #28
Home of Vortex tuning
2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
I paid the $500. to have my skylights deleted. The dealer said no, and on about holding up the production line for special equipment installs.
From previous posts here about replacing the skylights, a few stated that they were successful on the factory delete. I asked the dealer to ask the factory, then I was granted the option of delete.
Having worked in the RV/Mobile home manufacturing biz, a delete won't hold up production.

"Chip Tank" is in Vacaville Ca..
CDONA is offline   Reply With Quote