Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #61
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlehosky View Post
What do you mean nobody is using it? Look at the time of my posts last night. I'll share though.
Sorry--I had absolutely no intent of disputing your origination of the trademark--my statement that "nobody is using it" came after a search of the US Patent and Trademark Office data base.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Sorry--I had absolutely no intent of disputing your origination of the trademark--my statement that "nobody is using it" came after a search of the US Patent and Trademark Office data base.
Ha Ha, you can have it. You're right the addition of the B makes it sound much better. Somehow more sanitary. I hope all of you guys realize that when I post my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek. I hope I get a chance to meet some of you guys sometime. We've got space for one here right on the water with a Rainier mountain view. We are also planning a Yosemite, Yellowstone, Glacier trip this summer. I don't know how it will work out time wise. Most of the park space with hookups is already gone so I think we are just going to hit the road with a couple of gens and see what happens. We have been to all of these parks in a tent so this will be really diffrent.

DanClick image for larger version

Name:	384119_3015742432787_1239364619_3390652_1772197603_n.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	155203
Old 04-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlehosky

Ha Ha, you can have it. You're right the addition of the B makes it sound much better. Somehow more sanitary. I hope all of you guys realize that when I post my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek. I hope I get a chance to meet some of you guys sometime. We've got space for one here right on the water with a Rainier mountain view. We are also planning a Yosemite, Yellowstone, Glacier trip this summer. I don't know how it will work out time wise. Most of the park space with hookups is already gone so I think we are just going to hit the road with a couple of gens and see what happens. We have been to all of these parks in a tent so this will be really diffrent.

Dan
incredible view!
WBCCI #3321
TAC #GA-24
c_lewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #64
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlehosky View Post
I hope all of you guys realize that when I post my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek. Attachment 155203
I can't believe you were not serious. I was going to promote you to Chief Urine Collector (remember to scratch their backs; they love that) in exchange for being able to use "BURINE" as a tradename.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #65
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Well, zlee, I have to say I have thought of you and this thread quite a few times recently. Making near 90-degree turns while backing is the least fun there is in truck driving. Caliche dust blowing, the din of a drilling rig, all sorts of obstacles. Some driling pads are large, some not. All are laid out the same (mostly), but every one has "differences". The cut is on the drivers side (not blind side), but it can still be two different turns in one larger maneuver.

Pretty similar truck to this one (but no back window to make it easier)

Backing keeps any of us from being complacent. I put out the smoke, grab a piece of gum (have to talk to mud engineer shortly), and play a soundtrack as in the above in my head . . or Joe Williams with Count Basie. "Don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing . . . . ."

Hope you've taken the leisure to practice some more.

slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #66
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance M
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDNAX View Post
Well, zlee, I have to say I have thought of you and this thread quite a few times recently. Making near 90-degree turns while backing is the least fun there is in truck driving. Caliche dust blowing, the din of a drilling rig, all sorts of obstacles. Some driling pads are large, some not. All are laid out the same (mostly), but every one has "differences". The cut is on the drivers side (not blind side), but it can still be two different turns in one larger maneuver.

Pretty similar truck to this one (but no back window to make it easier)

Backing keeps any of us from being complacent. I put out the smoke, grab a piece of gum (have to talk to mud engineer shortly), and play a soundtrack as in the above in my head . . or Joe Williams with Count Basie. "Don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing . . . . ."

Hope you've taken the leisure to practice some more.

Stop the madness Rednax! That is too easy. Try backing a 53' livestock trailer around the back side of three buildings, in the snow, to the off center dock of a confinement building.

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Lance M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:26 AM   #67
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Yeah, it's all someone elses equipment. And load. But if you bang up a cattle trailer or the side of an auction barn, no one will much care. Conversely, they git a might bit tetchy on an active oil drilling pad what with all them haz-mat placards everywhere. Rules, rules . . . I recently read that an estimated one thousand truck trips are made in/out a drilling site which also includes the fracking stage (not all wells do).

All experience is to the good would have been the point.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #68
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Backing over the well head and breaking the Christmas Tree (all those pipes on top of the well head) would be quite an explosive experience. Or maybe hitting the gylcol separator thingie. Those thoughts would make me very, very careful.

Gene
Old 05-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #69
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Jupiter , Florida
Truck delivery of new running rail sections (80-foot) to the subway rail yard I worked at left landscape pines and sod sections destroyed where the drivers jumped curbs getting to the bridge crossing the loop track - but only on the second round of deliveries.

The first contractor came back for the third round so then I got to see them back the tractor-trailers the serpentine quarter mile from the public area to the track repair staging area... I was running to pick up lunches that day but I'll never forget I got my face boxed by one of the drivers working as a spotter when I rolled down the car window and asked "how do you get all the easy jobs" ...
Old 05-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #70
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
There are many backing stories. But destruction can happen going forward too. We were in Green River at the KOA at the end of the season. We were one of the few RV's there. In the morning I looked out the window and saw a few spaces away a fountain about 15 or 20' in the air. It looked like someone had driven over one of spigots and kept going. You don't have to back up to destroy things.

Gene