Old 10-24-2005, 07:53 PM   #1
Rivet Master
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Old Airstream Video's

When we were at the Airstream Factory this summer, I purchased all of the old VHS video's at the Airstream Store that they had on old Caravan's. I got seven in total - the entire 5 video set of the "Around the World" Caravan and two others. I was informed that they used to carry more, but had sold out and weren't making any more of them. These tapes make great entertainment during rallies, so I'd like to get more of them.

Does anyone know which ones even exist? (I suspect that there may be video's of the Capetown to Cairo Caravan and others.) Does anyone have any copies of any of the old Caravan video's that they have purchased and viewed and perhaps don't want anymore and would be willing to sell to me? Has anyone converted these video's to a DVD that might be purchased? I had heard that the VAC had some DVD's, but that they are no longer avilable and that there were "compatibility" issues with newer DVD players. Does anyone know of any other sources for old caravan video's?

In any case, at a minimum I'd like to put together a list of all such video's that exist. I'll start the list of the VHS Caravan Video's with the ones that I personally know about ('cause I got 'em):

1. Around the World Caravan (Part 1)
2. India 1 (Part 2 of the ATWC)
3. India 2 (Part 3 of the ATWC)
4. Middle East (Part 4 of the ATWC)
5. Europe (Part 5 of the ATWC)
6. Land of the Rising Sun
7. Guatamala #1

Being that I've only viewed the first 5 so far, I have no idea if these are in the correct order (the order in which the caravan video's were made). Guatamala and the Land of the Rising Sun may have occurred before the ATWC.

Thanks in advance . . .

Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:44 PM   #2
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
I too would like to see/own any DVDs if they are or become available. I have the VAC one but am unable to see the whole thing because of compatitility issues with all of the DVD players I've tried. I even had it copied and it doesn't play any better. I can offer to send it to someone who thinks they can get it copied in a format that is in a format that will play on most DVD players.

4CU 2699 / AIR 10 / TAC AZ-1

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:55 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member
VAC DVD contents

Disc1 - Building Dreams Is Our Business - 1968
Mexico Caravan 1957
Capetown to Cairo 59-60
Around The World Caravan #1 SF Asia
Disc 2 - ATWC 2 India 1
ATWC 3 India 2
ATWC 4 Middle East
ATWC 5 Europe
Guatemala 66

I also heard that the new Airstream book Wanderlust Premier Edition includes a DVD with some of these videos.
bjond is offline   Reply With Quote