Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-16-2008, 09:57 PM   #81
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Hey Jim & Rod...

We have been waiting all day to hear about your new Airstream and share in your excitment and anti----cipation...hope the trip home went well and you are spending the afternoon/evening/night/weekend playing with your new toy...I'm sure it's glorious!...

Pictures!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #82
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsinclair
Congradulations on your new AS. Lots of adventures in the 4 Corners area are waiting for you. Enjoy every minute.

I noticed you ordered the optional wireless speaker. Do you have to plug into the external jack for wireless operation? I have this option also and was informed by AS to unplug the inline connection coming off the transmitter and plug it into the speaker external jack for wireless speaker operation. I'm skeptical and don't like that configuration as you can't close the overhead door with the jack plugged in.
We haven't tried the speaker yet. We didn't pay anything for it - the dealer threw it in. I'm sure we'll try it this weekend sometime.

One thing we discovered is that the sub-woofer is somehow wired into the ceiling lights - you have to turn on the ceiling lights to get the sub-woofer on. Totally unacceptable!

Yes - we joined the 4CU - looking forward to a lot of fun times.

J 'n R
Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #83
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich
Hey Jim & Rod...

We have been waiting all day to hear about your new Airstream and share in your excitment and anti----cipation...hope the trip home went well and you are spending the afternoon/evening/night/weekend playing with your new toy...I'm sure it's glorious!...

Pictures!
Hey TB & G!

All went well! It's 10:15 and we're just finishing dinner. We've been busy all day "moving in" It's sitting in the driveway looking pretty!

I have the pictures resized and ready to post. I'll be doing it soon.

J
Old 05-16-2008, 10:58 PM   #84
3 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandrod
We haven't tried the speaker yet. We didn't pay anything for it - the dealer threw it in. I'm sure we'll try it this weekend sometime.

One thing we discovered is that the sub-woofer is somehow wired into the ceiling lights - you have to turn on the ceiling lights to get the sub-woofer on. Totally unacceptable!
J 'n R
Let me know your set up and how your wireless works. We picked up ours in Dec and have the Advent wireless speaker. The kicker is; it's already discontinued!!!

After R&R of my Sony w/Sirius and seeing the wiring mess behind the radio, I can understand how one would get wires crossed, like on your sub-woofer.
Although I like my AS, what bothers me is the lack of quality control and/or ignoring it. These problems should have been checked and resolved prior to shipment. My view/assumption is manufactures today knowingly let issues go (cost savings gained by not correcting their mistakes) and count on a signficant percentage of consumers not bringing their warranty issues in to correct. This aids the manufacture with lower warranty expense. In our case it's easier to correct minor discrepancies ourselves rather than the time and expense of a long trip to a dealer. Your fortunate being only 30-40 minutes from Holiday. Anyway, in the end all good things come to pass. Keep me posted and enjoy your new AS, Larry

Footnote; I installed a HAHA and am very pleased with the handling. Noticable difference from towing w/o HAHA on our 25'.
Four Courners Unit
WBCCI # 2460 AIR # 17259
lsinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #85
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsinclair
Let me know your set up and how your wireless works. We picked up ours in Dec and have the Advent wireless speaker. The kicker is; it's already discontinued!!!

After R&R of my Sony w/Sirius and seeing the wiring mess behind the radio, I can understand how one would get wires crossed, like on your sub-woofer.
Although I like my AS, what bothers me is the lack of quality control and/or ignoring it. These problems should have been checked and resolved prior to shipment. My view/assumption is manufactures today knowingly let issues go (cost savings gained by not correcting their mistakes) and count on a signficant percentage of consumers not bringing their warranty issues in to correct. This aids the manufacture with lower warranty expense. In our case it's easier to correct minor discrepancies ourselves rather than the time and expense of a long trip to a dealer. Your fortunate being only 30-40 minutes from Holiday. Anyway, in the end all good things come to pass. Keep me posted and enjoy your new AS, Larry

Footnote; I installed a HAHA and am very pleased with the handling. Noticable difference from towing w/o HAHA on our 25'.
You're making some really good points. I think the manyfacturers just brush off a lot of the little things thinking that they will either go unnoticed or the dealer/owner will deal with them. I know Holiday will fix it all, they're that kind of a dealership. They really put their customers first - but they shouldn't be the ones that get stuck with it.

I've only had it a day and the list is already growing. The most annoying is having to turn on the overhead lights to get the sub woofer. If we're settling in for the night to watch a movie, I don't want to have the interior lit up bright enough to perform surgery in order to have a little depth to the sound track!

We got the Reese dual Cam. We don't have much towing eaperience but it seemed pretty easy to tow. They say the HAHA is pretty slick. We just didn't want to spend the $$$ right now.

Otherwise... it was great to wake up this morning and see it sitting in the driveway!

J
Old 05-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #86
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Pics are finally posted. You can see them at...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/...lly-42071.html
Old 05-18-2008, 07:05 PM   #87
3 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandrod
Pics are finally posted. You can see them at...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/...lly-42071.html
Great pictures! I'd say your ready to seek adventure!!
In your pictures, I did notice one thing...the wine glasses were full and the bottle was not yet empty. I hope that has changed!!! Larry
Four Courners Unit
WBCCI # 2460 AIR # 17259
lsinclair is offline   Reply With Quote