Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #57
Rivet Master
 
Jimandrod's Avatar
 
2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinstream
well look at it this way... if you sleep now you will be rested up to play later... Your timming will be perfect for the coming of spring!
Happy trails!
Thanks! - Yup, the timing is perfect. We're planning some nice trips this summer.
__________________

__________________
Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:43 PM   #58
Rivet Master
 
53flyingcloud's Avatar
 
1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,458
Images: 17
Blog Entries: 1
Congrats on the new 28' Safari SE Airstream~!
ciao
53FC
__________________

__________________
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #59
Naysayer
 
Boondocker's Avatar

 
1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,635
Images: 7
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandrod
We're planning some nice trips this summer.
To where?
__________________
Rodney

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:44 PM   #60
Rivet Master
 
Jimandrod's Avatar
 
2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray
To where?
Our first trip will be to City of Rocks and Caballo Lake State Parks in southern New Mexico.

Then we're heading up to Utah for a few days at Dead Horse State Park.

In between we'll head up to the Jemez Mts and Jemez Falls GC (US Forest Svc) for a day or two.

It's gonna be fun! There's so many cool places to camp in the Southwest!
__________________
Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #61
Rivet Master
 
Jimandrod's Avatar
 
2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,068
It's getting REALLY close!!!

Well I just spoke to the factory and it rolls off the line this afternoon. Tomorrow is the systems check then it's on it's way to New Mexico. There will be pictures posted next week! If I were any more excited I'd be pe... well, you get the picture!

Jim
__________________
Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:53 PM   #62
Naysayer
 
Boondocker's Avatar

 
1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,635
Images: 7
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
__________________
Rodney

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #63
2 Rivet Member
 
Fiamma's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Tiny spot on the map , Michigan
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 62
Oooh, EXCITING!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Are you planning on bringing the cats with you on your travels?
__________________
Fiamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #64
Rivet Master
 
Bambi_Bandit's Avatar

 
2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 604
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandrod
Our first trip will be to City of Rocks and Caballo Lake State Parks in southern New Mexico.

Then we're heading up to Utah for a few days at Dead Horse State Park.

In between we'll head up to the Jemez Mts and Jemez Falls GC (US Forest Svc) for a day or two.

It's gonna be fun! There's so many cool places to camp in the Southwest!
Maybe you know this since you live in NM, but there is NO DUMPSTATION in City of Rocks. Only the Park host has hookups.

Wife and I love City of Rocks. It would be great to boondock between the boulders with other Airstreamers. We camped in the RV pull thu last time, but next time I plan to tuck the Airstream in the boulders...

I envy you already - I love NM... nothing better than traveling in NM (where I don't have allergies) and toting a new Airstream...
__________________
Kevin & Prim Li
Bandit the Siberian Husky (RIP) & "G" the Min-Pin (RIP)
Cosmo the Custom 2008 27FB Intl CCD
Maxwell the 1964 Globe Trotter
Name TBD the 1955 Overlander
WBCCI # 6155
AIR # 6155

2nd love - 2006 28' Safari LS
1st love - 2004 19' CCD Bambi
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #65
Rivet Master
 
InsideOut's Avatar

 
1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 11,793
Images: 108
Guess it's a matter of opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi_Bandit
I envy you already - I love NM... nothing better than traveling in NM (where I don't have allergies) and toting a new Airstream...
I'd say..."nothing better than traveling in NM <snip> and toting a vintage (or new to me) Airstream..." <teeheehee>

Seriously, can't wait to see the "new toy"...now come down off that ceiling Jim!

Shari
__________________
Vintage Airstream Club - Past President 2007/2008
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #66
Well Preserved

 
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 20,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandrod
If I were any more excited I'd be pe... well, you get the picture!

Jim
Don't do what you're hinting at in your new trailer, it could stain the floor, or one of y'all could slip and fall...
__________________
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #67
Rivet Master
 
Jimandrod's Avatar
 
2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,068
Closer by the minute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray
WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thanks Rodney! Have you made it to the Jemez yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiamma
Oooh, EXCITING!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Are you planning on bringing the cats with you on your travels?
Yes it is exciting!

No. the little beasties are going to stay home for at least this summer. Our oldest one is almost 16 and his health isn't that great. Once he departs (which I'm not looking forward to it - he's a really sweet cat) we will be taking the other 2 on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi_Bandit
Maybe you know this since you live in NM, but there is NO DUMPSTATION in City of Rocks. Only the Park host has hookups.

Wife and I love City of Rocks. It would be great to boondock between the boulders with other Airstreamers. We camped in the RV pull thu last time, but next time I plan to tuck the Airstream in the boulders...

I envy you already - I love NM... nothing better than traveling in NM (where I don't have allergies) and toting a new Airstream...
Yup - we're aware of the lack of a D/S at City of Rocks. That's why we planned it the way we did. We'll spend 2 nights at City of Rocks , then we're going to a full hook-up site at Caballo Lake for the following 4 nights.

We have a pull-through this time at City of Rocks so we have electircity for A/C. In the cooler weather we also plan to boondock in the rocks.

No allergies in NM?? The way it works here is that when people with allergies move here they no longer have their old ones and they develop a whole set of new ones.

No need to be envious - just come & move here! There's always room for a few more - particularly folks from Austin! (My violin teached is from Austin and she's really neat!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
I'd say..."nothing better than traveling in NM <snip> and toting a vintage (or new to me) Airstream..." <teeheehee>

Seriously, can't wait to see the "new toy"...now come down off that ceiling Jim!

Shari
Shari - LOL - I'm firmly up on that ceiling and I guess I'll be there at least through the summer! And yes.... I'm looking forward to having a vintage someday too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Don't do what you're hinting at in your new trailer, it could stain the floor, or one of y'all could slip and fall...
LOL - yup, it could happen!
__________________
Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:15 PM   #68
Well Preserved

 
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 20,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandrod
Shari - LOL - I'm firmly up on that ceiling and I guess I'll be there at least through the summer! And yes.... I'm looking forward to having a vintage someday too!
If you keep this one long enough, it will be vintage. It'll save you money in the long run, because you won't have to buy another one.
__________________
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:04 AM   #69
Naysayer
 
Boondocker's Avatar

 
1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,635
Images: 7
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandrod
Thanks Rodney! Have you made it to the Jemez yet?
Yes it is exciting!
,

Not yet, I gave my last final yesterday (enjoying late coffee and setting around while it rains this morning) and I wont be out of town until Sat. I am seriously considering stopping off at Montezuma and the Pecos canyon on the way, so it may be mid to late next week before I hit the Jemez. Then again, if the mood hits me while I'm driving, I might be there Sunday.
__________________
Rodney

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #70
Rivet Master
 
centennialman's Avatar

 
2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,284
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'll bet you aren't sleeping
__________________

__________________
Steve "Centennial Man"
centennialman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's Killin' me!!!! Jimandrod Our Community 50 03-19-2008 10:39 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.