Old 05-21-2008, 04:57 PM   #29

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

AF #1

"Sticks & stones can break your bones...and hail will dent your Airstream"

So when is this..."old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:45 PM   #30
Rivet Master
2014 23' FB Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Sure hope you feel better soon. Since you have a lovely new silver baby, and so many prime places to visit just in your home state... well, you'd best get going! As new A/S owners ourselves, welcome to this great group - and we wish you many safe & fun miles ahead.

2014 Flying Cloud 23FB
2009 BMW X5 Diesel
Whizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #31
Rivet Master
2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
I'm finally feeling better!

I’ll start by thanking everyone for the warm welcome and all of the best wishes. It’s nice to now officially be a part of the Airstream community. It’s also nice to finally be feeling better too.

Originally Posted by DEITZ645
WOW!!! What a beautiful Airstream, not to mention the property and that house!!! No grass to mow!!! It is raining cats and dogs here in PA and I am soon going to have to bale my grass!

Again beautiful trailer, now get out there and enjoy it.
Send some of the rain here! It’s nice to not have to mow a lawn; but as beautiful as the desert is, it does get a little harsh sometimes!

Originally Posted by TBRich
Looks fabulous, Guys! Congratulations! We see you've been shopping for accessories...the teapot is perfect (and just like ours)... very Airstream-esque... We even tried to get some Happy Camper Wine but they cannot ship it to AZ for some dumb reason... Glad the first tow was a good you cann't wait to get it on the road! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
TB & G, check out Whole Foods for the Happy Camper wine. That’s where we get it. It’s not that great, but you gotta love the label! Also, if you like our tea kettle, you’ll LOVE our toaster. I’ll post a picture

Originally Posted by SteSpot
Is there a silver sausage somewhere here? Congratulations on your beautiful new Airstream.....hope to see you on the road, paula
LOL! So you know Italian! Even though we gave him a name, we still just call it “the trailer”

Originally Posted by wagnerda
Congrats on the beautiful Airstream in a gorgeous location... There is just something about the desert southwest and Airstreams that seems perfect together.

And best of all you have no trees to ever come down on your Airstream...

best regards, Dave
Ahhh... but we do have golf ball sized hail! Luckily we have storage under cover.

Originally Posted by InsideOut
WooHoo! Yippee! 'bout time! Welcome to the family!

See...drteams do come true!

Now the next dream is an early 1960s 19' GT!

Originally Posted by CanyonCrazy
Jim and Rod,

Very, very nice!! I know just what you are going through. I still wander outside just to admire the beauty of our Airstream, and I doubt if the attraction will ever fade. You mentioned once before that your homeowner's association frowns on the prominent display of RV's. That's too bad, as yours really compliments your home. I think that an Airstream is the ultimate in 'yard art', and quite appropriate in your setting. It certainly rivals the bronze sculptures I've seen in Santa Fe in terms of aesthetic beauty , but I'm somewhat biased.

I noticed what looks like a Ford F150 in one of your photos. Will that be your tow vehicle? If so, I'm interested in how well it works towing your Airstream. We've beefed up our old suburban to tow ours, but it won't last forever, so I'm starting my research now for a new tow vehicle in a year or two.

Anyway, here's wishing you many enjoyable adventures in your new Airstream!
Thanks - I’d much rather see Airstreams over other yard art any day.

We love our F-150. Granted, the power of a diesel might be a little better but with a gallon of diesel staring $5.00 in the face I wouldn’t consider anything other than the F-150. The 2009 F-150 has some cool innovations in it’s towing package. When you’re ready, check out Don Chalmer’s Ford.

Originally Posted by lhall
Hey guys looks great!! The house is not too shabby either.

Hope to see you on the road soon! We will definitely see you in ABQ in October.
Thanks - when you’re here in October you’ll have to stop by for a tour!

Originally Posted by CanoeStream
Okay -- but when and where is the first great adventure?
Hopefully, if they can get the electrical system in our new beby back up and running in time, we’ll be going to City of Rocks and Calallo Lake State Parks at the end of next week. (yes, something in the electrical system blew out and it's deader than dead!)

Originally Posted by cameront120
In the driveway?

Originally Posted by maccamper
Wow! Congratulations ... beautiful AS and beautiful home and setting. Now you can do even more Dutch Oven cooking with even more style! Love the wine!

Nancy and Laird
Yup - we're looking forward to doing some green chile stew in a Dutch oven on a cool and crisp fall weekend!

Originally Posted by Ken J
Congradulations - and hope you are feeling better - looking forward to the balloon rally!

Ken J.
Thanks Ken - we’re looking forward to the rally too. It’s going to be sooooooo much fun! We’ll be making a supply of our home made limoncello for all to enjoy!

Originally Posted by ugojoe
great for both of you!!!! we are really really REALLY looking forward to buying our first Airstream within the year! New to NM and ready-to-roll! My childhood dream! Was your buying experience a pleasurable one?? Good luck and feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CIAO!

pam !
Pam - WELCOME! You’re going to love New Mexico. When you’re ready to get your Airstream go see Dan and Pearl at Holiday on Central Ave. They’ll treat you really well! It was a pleasure doing business with them.

And to all those I didn’t quote here - Richard (azflycaster), Bob (CanoeStream), Dennis (cosmotini), Cameron (cameront120), Fiamma, FordTruck, Jim & Susan, Bill & Larry, Janet B, Steve (centennialman), Air 2D2, Kevin (Silverhobby), kstampa, Sugarfoot, Bob Cross and whizzo - thanks for the warm welcome into the group.

For all who commented on our house - when you're in NM give us a yell. We'd love to give a tour.

And for TBRich... here’s the perfect Airstream toaster. Sunbeam 3916 Heritage Series 2-Slice Toaster, Stainless Steel: Home & Garden
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toaster.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	60845  
Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #32
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Originally Posted by Jimandrod
Also, if you like our tea kettle, youíll LOVE our toaster. Iíll post a picture
Didn't you already post pictures of your toaster sitting in the driveway?
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:37 AM   #33
Rivet Master
2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Originally Posted by overlander63
Didn't you already post pictures of your toaster sitting in the driveway?
I love the humor in this group!!! LOL
Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Originally Posted by Jimandrod
Hopefully, if they can get the electrical system in our new baby back up and running in time, we’ll be going to City of Rocks and Calallo Lake State Parks at the end of next week. (yes, something in the electrical system blew out and it's deader than dead!)
Jim & did yo get the electrical problem figured out and are you out there enjoying your new beauty yet?? Hope so on both accounts...

We expect a full report!

TB & Greg and Abbey Schnauzer
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote