Old 01-16-2008, 05:30 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member
2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
BUT, please remember when posting negative comments, to do it reporter style...."Just the facts." What one may dislike about a a place, another may be looking for. One may like the hundreds of activities for children where another would prefer there be no children around. There are several opportunities to qualify your judgement, just remember that someone else may be looking for exactly what the CG has - although probably not "the tree", the dusty road, the pile of autos, etc... I currently own and use three different CG Guides - Frommers, Woodall's and Trailer Life. I find all three useful and helpful. I also check out the REVIEWS here on the forums. I can't think of anything worse than booking nights at a terrible CG and both my wife and I worry about that until we arrive at an unknown location. We learned that you CANNOT believe photos - one in Ohio shows hundreds of swimmers sitting on the grassy hillside by the lake and all kinds of entertaining activities for the children by the lake. The place has well over three hundred sites with a fire circle, picnic table and full hook ups. BUT, what they don't tell you is they also have over 300 full time campers!!! It is really a trailer park filled with unmoveable trailers that have been there for years. It was awful! Fortunately, we were just driving through when we found it - and we've marked it with a red marker in all our books as they do advertise a lot! All I'm suggesting is that when reviewing, keep in mind that what you dislike about a CG may be what someone else is looking for - quiet, solitude, overgrowth, etc. Thank you.
2007, 25' Airstream International SS OB
2004 Nissan Pathfinder Armada
Equalizer Hitch
Prodigy Brake controls
REMEMBER, "It is better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool
Than to open it and remove all doubt."

pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
This is an old thread, but I thought I'd check Woodall's...Jason Place is listed there and it has 2 diamonds for facilities and 3 diamonds for recreation...not the most flattering report...but neither does it leave a "don't go there" feeling...they list a lot of amenities, too...and there's no hint that it is not be the best place to camp.... Too bad there are no personal reviews. I can't find it in Trailer Life Directory...

TB & Greg and Abbey Schnauzer
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:35 PM   #17
Rivet Master
2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Rebel, any photos to give us an idea of what you were dealing with? A picture is worth a thousand words, they say...
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:15 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Current River is Great....BUT, its a Zoo in the summer

Canoe Missouri Current River Jacks Fork River: Float, Camp, Cabins, Fishing, Vacation in the Ozarks.
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #19
Rivet Master
2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Naturally, the website photos look inviting. I wonder what RebelBeck was seeing
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #20
Rivet Master
1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
If you Google the place you'll see some reviews. I saw 5 bad and only one good in a few minutes of searching.

Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote