Old 03-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #29
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Last fall we attended the Missouri Heartland Owner's Club Rally in Branson. There was an important business meeting at our church in Bolivar Sunday right after church, so we had our mpg there. We gave several tours, but one man missed out. A couple of weeks later he said that he would be interested in buying it when we wanted to sell. Two months ago he said he wants to buy it this fall!Keep in mind that he hasn't even set foot it it yet.

If he actually follows through, though, we'll be glad to sell and buy an Airstream. No, it won't be out retirement coach, but it will really give us a chance to see whether an Airstream would be the right choice for us.

BTW, a few years ago a tornado demolished quite a few houses near us. One of those houses was replaced by an Airstream, which hasn't moved since it was parked there. A replacement house is now on the property, and the Airstream is still there. One of these days I might just stop in and talk to them about it.

David Lininger, kb0zke
AIR 54240
Heartland mpg 181 (sold)
1993 Foretravel U300 (for sale)
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member
1974 25' Tradewind
Col. Station , Ohio
A few years ago I was looking for a boat trailer for my puddle jumper. A fella told of one down the road setting in a weed patch so I stopped in and asked the lady if she would sell. She said what would you give. I looked at it and found it to be pretty rough, plus it had an old alumninum boat on top of it. I told her it would need alot of work, and I didn't want the boat but I would give $25. She said ok, but I would have to take the boat also. I took the boat to the scrap yard and got $75 for it. That may never happen again.

Flynavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #31
3 Rivet Member
2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Originally Posted by Triple M
Funny story: Once we had someone ask if we would sell. He said I never see it move; I know you don't use it. I told him we just came back from a cross-country trip two weeks ago. Again, he said he never sees it move. So again, I told him we use it quite frequently. He again asserted we don't use it. Now a bit frustrated with the conversation I said we LOVE OUR TRAILER and would give him a number to call to buy new. But I did say everything is for sale make me an offer. He again asserted we don't use it, offering $4000. He was mad when I said no, we love and use our trailer. The conversation continued in the same fashion till he finally left.
You are a very patient man. That conversation would have ended the second time he said it wasn't used, if I had been involved. I am never offended by offers of cold hard cash, no matter how low, but childish negotiating tactics drive me crazy. Since I refuse to get mad at anything anymore, I'm pretty quick to walk away.
FlashSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member
1964 30' Sovereign
Porum , Oklahoma
In going through my late grandparents belongings, I found no fewer than half a dozen notes that had been left on the door interested in purchasing their AS. I have t thrown them away (who knows how old some may be) but I am really thankful they never called the people back.
colberjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member
2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Oakland County , Michigan
Left a note to buy

Originally Posted by dscluchfc View Post
.............Anyone else have someone leave a note offering to buy? ...........
So far there have been no notes asking to buy, however I do get many compliments wherever we go.

On the other hand, when I first saw an ASLYG MH parked on my storage lot back in 2006, I knew I had to have one.

I left a note on the window of the MH and the owner gave me a call. He proudly gave me a tour of his rig.

The next summer, after missing out on one in California I found one in TX and bought it.

We have had a lot of fun since then and continue to do so.

Bob & Nancy
2005 ASLYG 30 SO
2009 Wrangler Toad
Michigander is offline   Reply With Quote