Old 05-19-2005, 02:57 PM   #29
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
You know, I guess it all depends on the dealer.

I delt with Sherry RV in Ohio some 300 miles away from me. Special ordered a unit, gave a small security deposit (which I feel is reasonable) that was applied to the balance of the deal, all numbers matched as agreed and when I got there, there was a problem with the coach. Long and short of it is that the unit was fixed to my satisfaction, and to top it all off, the dealer delivered the coach to my door 300 miles away with their own company truck after the repair was done at no extra cost to me. Additionally, I had brought our Bambi down there to trade. I was able to drop it off and keep it there for a few weeks, also without any extra cost to me. They also removed my Reese weight control mounts and friction sway mounts off the Bambi and delivered it with the new coach as requested by me. The remainder of the paperwork was done on the dinette table of the coach in my driveway (at home) at delivery where I signed over the Bambi to them.

That said, I'll let you all draw your own conclusions if that was fair and good service or not.

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:56 PM   #30
Rivet Master
2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Silvertwinkie-----I'm with you when it comes to buying out of town. I have bought both my AS at a dealer 450 miles away when there was one less than half that distance. The closer dealer is a small family operation with very nice folk and from what I can find out have a good service dept. So why did I buy somewhere else? Price $$$$$ Both times I gave them a shot at matching the price from where I purchased and they were not interested. The last time they missed it by nearly $5000. The first purchase was closer but enough I went else where. I was a service manager in an auto and motorcycle dealer for over 30 years and many times people from our town would go else where to buy then bring them to me for service. Our attitude was always, "IF we make them happy with really good service we have a shot at their next purchase, treated otherwise we would have no chance".----Pieman

Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote