Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-24-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
Mercer Island , Washington
No More Airstream Dealers in Seattle

Just dropped off my trailer at Great American RV for minor work and found out they dropped their Airstream dealership 3 weeks ago. Chatting with the one of the sales managers, he said Airstream demanded too much floor space and they were only selling about 1 unit a week. Considering this dealer recently closed their sales only location across the highway and now has the sales lot combined on their much smaller service location, it appears they may not have the square footage required at this point to be an authorized outlet for Airstream. Unless they get rid of those box trailer brands.

In the camping capital of the US, it is sad there is no longer an AS dealer in the Seattle/Tacoma metro area. Closest dealers are now in Portland, Missoula MT and a small AS only dealer in Spokane. Hopefully, Airstream will rectify this quickly by signing a new dealer out here.
Lahontancut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
Seattle , Washington
Hi Lahontancut,

I was also there last week and was surprised to learn they're no longer an airstream dealer, although they were very helpful and they still do all the servicing and repairs.

Dan
Streamer Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
2009 23' International
Bainbridge Island , Washington
There were many reasons we purchased in Eugene, chief among them was Great American's seeming inability to return phone calls or emails. This was last year, when I would have thought dealers would be very happy to have serious buyers. The folks in Eugene rolled out the red carpet for us, both on the phone and in person.
jglabrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
_

. , .
dealers GO away for a lotta reasons.

and every summer they all must REup

via a signed renewal agreement with the mothercompany...

over the last 3 years they (a/s corp) has lost or cut many franchises,

such that there are only a few dozen viable NEW trailer outlets, N A T I O N W I D E.

having purchased my first stream from the old original a/s FIFE shop...

which was called 'tveeten motors' ((they sold checker cabs to the public and a/s))

but seattle DOES still apparently have an IN STATE dealer...

Airstream of Spokane Products and Services

they've always had a good reputation and happy customer base.

having lived in seattle for many years...

it still amazes me that locals don't realize the state extends east of the cascades...

IF u don't wanna loose the OTHER washington shop,

u kids better start USING them...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
Seattle & Olympic Peninsula , Washington
Interesting we just had some service done at Great American on our '69 Globetrotter to replace a failed Intellipower. Also had some minor body work done as well as a propane monotest and the bearings re-packed. They had a new Bambi and one of the new units with a slide on the lot, right by the front door. So they sure looked like they still had their dealership license.

Dave
EvelynDickinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAbad View Post
Interesting we just had some service done at Great American on our '69 Globetrotter to replace a failed Intellipower. Also had some minor body work done as well as a propane monotest and the bearings re-packed. They had a new Bambi and one of the new units with a slide on the lot, right by the front door. So they sure looked like they still had their dealership license.

Dave
Great American RV is still listed on the mother ships web site Airstream, Inc :: Home, but only for service and parts. No sales...

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Spokane Airstream

While it might be "small" by Seattle standards the Spokane Airstream store is a nice one. It is Airstream only and they have a full service shop. The place in Missoula is huge but it only carries Airstream as a side label. I stopped in to look a few years back and while there were hundreds of RVs on the lot, they only had two Airstreams and they were way out back.

I trust mine to the guys who only work on Airstream and have the experience needed. Give them a try. They usually have about 8 units on the lot with one or two in the showroom.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
We bought three coaches from Tveten R.V in Fife and they always took great care of us. The service crew knew their stuff, especially the body shop (we know). Something happened to cause the Fishers to sell or change and they closed and became Great American Way; it all went downhill from there, sad.
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:20 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
We drove through Spokane in early September and as we were zipping along I-90 all of a sudden there was a bunch of Airstreams to the South of the freeway. We did not have time to stop in but assumed it was Airstream of Spokane. It looked like they have a good mix of units and of various ages. Next trip through we plan on stopping in to meet them. We've heard nothing but good things about them - and they are in WA State.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #10

1998 34' Excella 1000
1995 36' Classic 36
Spencerville , Maryland
Quit your crying people! If you lived in the Washington, DC area you would have the joy of either driving 2-3 hours south on I-95 or 3-4 hours north into NJ to either be able to buy or have your AS serviced at a "licensed" dealer. It's really stupid, pathetic and ignorant of AS to not have a closer dealer in the DC area... but that is just a reflection of the company overall.
GREENovaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:51 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
If you are wanting to see a near full-plate of Airstreams on the display floor backed by a fine service and sales staff, plan a trip to the AS dealer in Anoka,MN. They fit us in on an "emergency" call this summer when our refrig died, gave us an overnight stay on their lot, quickly found us the correct refrig to fit, worked us into their service area on next day schedule so we could continue our trip and keep our previously made reservations, and were incredibly considerate to us in general during the day while we waited for the finish of the installation. And talk about Airstreams to tour on the floor...boy, howdie! We saw everything from tiniest to large, sport to classic, and my favorite that had two wonderful recliners up front in place of the sofa found in most AS trailers. This is an unsolicited recommendation for them...they were terrific and deserve all the sales and service that comes to them. It may be a hike, but maybe one worth hiking to get to them. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
Mercer Island , Washington
I had my warranty work done at Great American and picked up my trailer a few weeks ago. They may not sell new A/S any longer, but the service was very good and I'd recommend them for anyone in the metro area needing work.

Also, I did receive a reply from the regional director for A/S and they are working on adding a new dealer in Seattle and will announce something in the near future.
Lahontancut is offline   Reply With Quote