Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-03-2006, 12:13 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
1959 22' Flying Cloud
fairview , New Mexico
NM State Park season pass

i just bought a seasonal pass for the nm state park system. i am a little perturbed ,i have 2 airstreams and found out that if i want to use bothe i have to buy another pass. i am just venting a bit. how come people that get a season pass for day use be able to transfer the pass from vehicle to vehicle. they could even lend out the pass and get away with it.
arodriguez60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by arodriguez60
i just bought a seasonal pass for the nm state park system. i am a little perturbed ,i have 2 airstreams and found out that if i want to use bothe i have to buy another pass. i am just venting a bit. how come people that get a season pass for day use be able to transfer the pass from vehicle to vehicle. they could even lend out the pass and get away with it.
I love New Mexico, but I'd be hard pressed to think of a state with weirder government policies. One year, I figured out that the screwball state tax system actually forces you to pay higher NM income taxes if you lose more money on rental property out of state. I couldn't believe it, so I tracked down the guy that wrote the rule. I explained my situation, and he verified that was the way the rule worked. He acted as if he couldn't care less.

But honestly, if New Mexico were just like every other place, and had no quirks, I wouldn't live here.
AgZep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Do you want to camp with both trailers at the same time on the same pass, or do you want the pass for just one trailer at a time? How do they know which trailer the pass is for?
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:37 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Del Norte , Colorado
Quote:
You might apply the trailer pass to a small piece or sheet of plexiglass and leave that inside one of the front windows of the trailer you are using.
I'm pretty sure no employee of NM State Parks will take the time or trouble to investigate.
IMO

Don
nymphfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
1959 22' Flying Cloud
fairview , New Mexico
i am only going to use one at a time. both my babies have good points. i love them both. i want to alternate the two. the pass only covers one vehicle to tow and one trailer and my boat. oh i did not say anything about the boat. the man at the state said that the boat didnt matter. i feel that they could ask me for registrations for both of my travel trailers ,but they didn't. i feel that i should be able to take either on the same pass. if i should decide to take both (i have a big family)i would pay for another trailer in the self pay area. i am not looking for a handout but i dont think i should ber penalized for having two airstreams.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
1959 22' Flying Cloud
fairview , New Mexico
my wife had an idea!! she says that there is a product just like the stuff that they put on your winsheild at the jiffylube that she could use. she says it would peel off and be able to reattach to the other glass. if she right that would be the answer.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:16 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
i feel that i should be able to take either on the same pass. if i should decide to take both (i have a big family)i would pay for another trailer in the self pay area. i am not looking for a handout but i dont think i should ber penalized for having two airstreams.
I agree with you -- you should be able to take either trailer on one pass. I was just wondering if they ask for your trailer plate number when you get the pass. As long as you're only using one trailer at a time, it shouldn't matter to them which one you take. What if you were just renting a trailer and took a different one every time? Would you just not be allowed to get a pass?
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote