Old 02-02-2004, 01:49 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Smile Hello fellow youngins

So glad to see other people in their twenties here, although, I will NEVER maka a comment about the older folks in this forum. Anyway...

I think what you have done is fantastic. I am a painter, and my partner quit his job making high end draperies and upholstery to start out on his own. Now he's 41, but I've been pushing him since I met him almost three years ago. Point being, we have a lot of free time, and, well, I often live on credit. That way I can work on what I like, pursue (sp?) my dreams, and ambitions, and sell my house if I get into trouble.

We jumped on the chance to own an airstream a couple of weeks ago, and bought a second a week later. We want to rehab these beutiful babies on the side.

I don't know what my original point was, but i think it's great what you're doing. I hope to get accross the country before I go broke, or turn 30whatever comes first.

THis forum if so full of the best friends I beleive you will ever find. A few people have latched on to us, and have given us more valuable information than we would have ever have found anywhere else. Just when I think they are tired of all of our questions, someone comes through with the right answer, and a reasuring statement on the side.

I look forward to all that Airstreams will bring Tony and I, be it adventure, friends, memories, ( and hopefully a few bucks for the rehabs on the side.)

Last night instead of watching the super bowl, I created my first website, not bad for someone who is nearly computer illiterate...

check it out...we'd love to see some pics of your rig.

Good luck, and keep us all posted, there are so many of us that have to live vicariously through those that aren't snowed in, or stuck with rigs that need to much work.

Ron & Tony

tin can luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 03:25 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
1975 29' Ambassador
1960 18' "Footer"
Belen , New Mexico

I can't tell you all how happy I am! Everyday I check my e-mail just to see if anyone has added something to this thread!
I knew when I first started participating in these forums that I had found a community to share the love of Airstreams with. And now I see that we also share the desire to truly live life rather than letting it just pass us by! Everyone here is such an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!

M&J Siegford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:51 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
Hear, hear!

fabofabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 06:30 PM   #18
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Thumbs up This forum ROCKS!

You guys are great! I mean, I feel like I've known some of you for years and are close friends, But I 've only been on these forums for a few months.

And it's great to chat with such young 'Streamers (or young at heart).

Just goes to show, 'Streamers are the best darned group you'll ever meet on the roads (virtual or real)!

See you guys tomorrow night in the chat room!
"It's the journey."

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 08:44 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member
1994 34' Limited
Elgin , Texas
Thumbs up Wish I could go too!

I've learned from folks in my parents generation that you have to take advantage of the opportunities now and not wait. My hat's off to you guys!

I would dearly love to do the full-time thing now at 36, instead of waiting until I retire. I've even considered work-camping as a compromise. We haven't purchased our AS yet, but plan to by the end of the year. Perhaps I can convince DB that we should take the plunge after we get that baby home!
ginger126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 09:31 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member
Young Newbie

Speaking of young!! My girlfriend and I are only 23 and are dreaming of the day one of the the Airstreams gets completed.
I have always been a tent camper since I was young with my family. We love the outer banks of North Carolina. Okracoke is our home away from home. My father bought the Airstreams for a projects we could do until he retires. Then he is taking off in the 63 Tradewind and leaving me his kitchen counter top business. We also have a 68 Overlander that is almost complete. Restoring VIntage trailers has given me a new found passion for dedication and hard work. The harder I work now, the less I will have to do later, and the sooner I am in my own Airstream on the beach.
We will only be able to get away for weekends until I can build the business up and get a crew or two doing the hard work for me After that, Open road watch out!!!!
Patience is a virtue, and I have no time for impatient people.
Streamsaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:09 AM   #21
Rivet Master
1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Hey Maggie,

My wife and I are having a 1976 27ft Overlander re done. Currently it is stripped out and we have to pick the floor. We are leaning towards cork... Do you have any interior photos of your Airstream that you could share?

Feel free to stop by Richmond VA on any of your travels!!

"Abe" & Melissa Lincoln
1976 Overlander "Spirit"
2005 Suburban w/q-steer
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:21 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member
2005 28' International CCD
Atlanta , Georgia
Hey all! My wife and I (just married last month) turn 27 and 26 next month. We aren't planning on doing any full timin, but just purchased our new 05 28' int. ccd last month and love it! We have been camping in it twice and plan on joining wbcci and attending the top of ga rally this Oct. 8 - 10 to meet some fellow streamers. We can't wait!

addisons is offline   Reply With Quote