Old 09-13-2015, 06:43 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . congrats on the new AS. . . and when you get out here in AZ, look in on the 4CU of the WBCCI. Fun folks, who know how to have fun rallies. . . regards, Craig

Old 09-13-2015, 07:20 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2015 23' International
Charleston , South Carolina
Hey Bonnie

Wow, were W Ashley too now. Moved from Folly a couple of years ago ( need to update profile). Flood insurance getting out of hand. Live in Sandhurst now, off Orange Grove road. Loved Folly but honestly don't miss it a bit. Commutes to Mt Pleasant was brutal.

Yeah, Ron made us a"first Airstream" deal. They just became an AS dealer last summer.

We really wanted 25 twin but out parking space is tight and just not certain it would fit. Turns out it would have but 23d is still nice. But Ö I have a feeling 25 twin or the new 26 might be in our future eventually.

We camp in SC State Parks a lot. Poinsett, Edisto, Hunting Island, Colleton, Dreher Island. Devils Fork. Going to MB state park next weekend. Have you been campers for a long time?

Old 09-13-2015, 07:56 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Steve, too funny. I grew up W Ashley, moved to AZ when we got married, moved back about 4 years ago. Now back to AZ to be closer to kids/grandkids. I can't believe how Charleston has changed/grown the last 30 years. Traffic from Folly to Mt. Pleasant must have been horrid.

I believe we are going to like the 25 twin. My husband is 6'1", so the longer bed length in the twins is more comfy for him, plus no loss of floor space. My son is now looking for a 19' too.

My husband grew up camping and hunting. We camped some with the kids when they were young. I'm really looking forward to more camping now with the AS.

Please report back on MB. I'd love to hear about it.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:50 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Ladson , South Carolina
Charleston campers

We too are from Charleston, actually Ladson. Members of our Airstream unit are from W Ashley, formerly Folly, and just bought an Eddie Bauer AS from John's RV. If you are still in SC in October, we will all be camping at Edisto Oct 2-4. We camp across from the beach at the other side of the park - can't remember the name. We would love to have you join us and meet lots of other, friendly, helpful Airstreamers!
SC Coastal Unit
TAC-SC5
Safari Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:03 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
2016 25' Flying Cloud
1997 21' Excella
Watervliet , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKuhlman View Post

We will be moving to AZ from SC and planning to stay in the AS full-time while we search for property. Anyone have a list of things they keep in the AS?
I think one of the most difficult things in planning for an extended trip, especially for a new comer, is not what to take, but what NOT to take. Typically we want it all, been there done that and still have that basic instinct. But, too much stuff just becomes a problem with clutter and feeling not in control of your new little world. Not to get personal but the only thing I take a lot of is underwear, tee shirts and socks. If you can take a couple of excursion trips before you head out for the big one, it will help you think through your options better. Enjoy, you will get the hang of it.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:22 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
Congrats on your new baby, Bonnie!! I am beyond jealous! This is the exact model we are planning on purchasing in the spring. Having lived in AZ for three years, I wish you the best of luck on staying cool. I will be very interested in hearing about your adventures of ASing in that climate. Did you get one AC or two?

Cathy
Old 09-14-2015, 03:04 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Quote:
Kelvin, I was able to open one of the windows, but it would not engage any of the slots to hold it open. Thanks for the tips on the silicone.
Are you saying once the window is free of sticking to the rubber gasket you can't push each lever into the slot. Just push a little when the handle is adjacent to the slot. If you watch any of Colonial Airstream's youTube walk around videos they usually show opening and closing these windows. Even the large window in front of the dinette is a one handed operation to get it open and secured in a slot.
Kelvin
Old 09-14-2015, 07:28 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2015 28' International
Little Rock , Arkansas
Bonnie congratulations on your new Airstream baby!! We too became proud owners last week...a new 2015 Signature 28ft. :-) We are beaming, and new to camping with everything to learn. I think we are blessed to have found a group so willing to advise and am proud to be apart of the AS community. I've heard ownership gets better and better. May you always have safe and happy Airstream travels!!
Old 09-15-2015, 08:44 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Kathy, thanks for the invite. I'll check with my husband and get back to you. We'd love to get together with other ASers (and pick their brains while they are trying to vacation, LOL).

PlanB, I hear ya on 'less is more.' Hopefully, we will be able to take Kathy up on the invite to go out for the weekend in Oct.

Cathy, thanks. We are thrilled. We did live in AZ for 30 years (Phoenix, Scottsdale, Gilbert). We aren't going back to the valley. We will be somewhere in the Prescott area, so actually dealing with cold rather than heat this time.

Kelvin, thanks for all the help you have given. Yes, that's what I'm saying about the one window I managed to open - it's not engaging the lever into the slot. I'll check out the videos.

MeandMine, thanks and congrats to you too. I'm calling that beaming feeling 'Aluminated' :-) Yes, we are indeed blessed to have found such a wonderful group.

Bonnie
Old 09-15-2015, 01:52 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2015 28' International
Little Rock , Arkansas
"Aluminated".....love it!!
Old 09-15-2015, 02:27 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Cathy, forgot to answer, we have one A/C unit. I believe that's the only option for up to 25'. It was running when we arrived and inside seemed very comfortable.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:14 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

East Freetown , Alaska
Congratulations Bonnie, I'm hear in New England also leaning towards the 25 flying cloud, rear bed though~ I'll be following your progress and learning as you go.
Smiling back~Helen
Old 09-30-2015, 07:53 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Vashon , Washington
Quote:
DHart, we are quite familiar with the heat island. Although I'm from SC, we lived in the valley for 30 years. We're looking for property north of Prescott. So, we will most likely need to consider cold weather Airstreaming rather than hot. I'm thinking cold may be a bit easier.

So, we have one A/C unit in the 25' and a 30 amp electrical cable. My question is - where/how do we plug it in? They have 30 amp plugs at most campgrounds, but they look like the dryer plugs in the laundry room. I can't figure out where we might plug into at our relatives' home. It's not like a regular 110 outlet and we wouldn't want to 'alter' their home.

Just wondering how to connect into the power supply.
Congratulations from another new 25' FC FB owner. As for the electrical cable, didn't you get an adapter from the dealer? You should be able to get this adapter from the dealer or camping world, Amazon, Walmart. Just make sure you are plugging into a house outlet that has at least a 30 amp breaker. Usually, outside outlets have a 15 amp GFI breaker that will struggle to power your air conditioner.
Best of luck!
Look on Amazon for: Camco-55165-PowerGrip-Dogbone-Electrical
dprvashon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
We did get some type adapter, dogbone, from the dealer, now that you mention it. I'll have to take a closer look at it - not sure what it 'adapts to.' I'm more wondering if there's a need to have some type outlet installed at the house. I know most of the outlets in the garage or outside on the house will not be 30 amp. I don't want to start blowing circuits in the house.

Bonnie