Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2017, 06:20 PM   #1

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
New Owner Advice

My wife and I are newbies. Scheduled to pick up our new 27' FC FB at the end of September, we don't know what we don't know! I am interested in learning about which accessories if any, are very important to have the dealer add at delivery so they get properly integrated into the systems of the trailer. We realize there will be many opinions and personal preference about this but we are willing to listen to any thoughts and suggestions. For example, a stabilizing hitch is non negotiable and tire pressure monitors seem like a no brainer but the Instant Hot Water heater might not be. What about the standard batteries or converter systems? Every brand has their weak points and we realize that so we just want to be as prepared as possible!

Thanks in advance for the help.
Redtump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:44 PM   #2
"Silver Shrek"

2000 27' Safari
Crestwood , Kentucky
Go with AGM batteries. Our regular gas heater is fine for our water heating needs. Definitely get multistage converter
drairstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:32 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I too was a newbie last year when I purchased my first trailer ever. If you are ever bored you can visit my blog and read up on our adventures (or more mundane stuff).

http://www.ourflyingcloud.com/

Good luck and welcome!
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2018 Nissan Armada SL Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
FCStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote