Old 02-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
1962 22' Flying Cloud
1962 22' Flying Cloud
Yakima , Washington
New Dealer in Utah

Have you noticed that there is now a Airstream dealer in Salt Lake City? I just looked in the Airstream Dealer Directory and it is called " INTERMOUNTAIN AIRSTREAM ". It will be nice to have parts and help when we're traveling through that part of the country.

range or parts
Dometic 50 or parts
flyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Thanks for this heads-up. It's always good to know where a new dealer is located.

Brian

WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
1964 17' Bambi II
Laramie , Wyoming
Interesting! There's been an AS dealership there forever. We've bought 4 of them there.
Santana tandem bike
WBCCI # 4181 VAC member
Antique Pedaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
Anybody know if that's part of Intermountain Coach in Colorado Springs that was an AS dealer?
Old 02-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #5
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4 View Post
Anybody know if that's part of Intermountain Coach in Colorado Springs that was an AS dealer?
No, this is the person that was in the Pacific Northwest, selling parts.

http://www.airstreamsupply.com
Old 02-22-2014, 09:27 AM   #6
Airstream Obsessed

2006 30' Classic
1989 29' Excella
Sandy , Utah
Last night I was on my way home from picking my wife up from the airport (a regular trip since she is a flight attendant). I noticed a new building along I-15 with big letters AIRSTREAM. I was very excited to see it in hopes of a new dealer. It is quite a large building but I couldn't see any actual trailers. Wondered if maybe it was a Corporate office for Airstream of some sorts... then saw this post this morning. So far though clicking on the link to "Intermountain Airstream" is broken.
The previous dealer for Utah stopped selling (or lost dealership) this past year. We went to the RV show last week here in SLC and not a single AS trailer; the brand was not represented in any way... Boring show!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:04 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Just noticed online that Lazydays in Tucson, AZ is now an Airstream dealer. Did anyone have any work done while at Alumafiesta? How is their service department?

Also, anyone know if Oasis is still working on Airstreams?

Note: Sorry; don't mean to hijack this thread. Seems like main topic is "new Airstream dealers"; is that right? Will create an new thread, if necessary.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1976 25' Caravanner
Salt Lake City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVDESIGN View Post
Last night I was on my way home from picking my wife up from the airport (a regular trip since she is a flight attendant). I noticed a new building along I-15 with big letters AIRSTREAM. I was very excited to see it in hopes of a new dealer. It is quite a large building but I couldn't see any actual trailers. Wondered if maybe it was a Corporate office for Airstream of some sorts... then saw this post this morning. So far though clicking on the link to "Intermountain Airstream" is broken.
I stopped in there about a week ago and they are just getting set up. They said they will be getting some inventory for sale soon. You are right--it's a huge warehouse, with service space and parts inside, including a supply of used parts, as well. They have several older vintage airstreams inside that they have restored, some from the '30s.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Situated hundreds of miles from any Airstream dealer and the nearest one (250 miles) being a terrible one, I am glad to hear there is one "only" five or six hours away in SLC. Not really glad, but a little glad. I'd love to see one in Grand Junction, but I doubt it will ever happen.

I hope this turns out to one of the best once they get going.

Gene
Old 02-22-2014, 04:59 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Fort Bragg , North Carolina
Are they going to be part of Silver Trailer Supply? See STS home page write up below and attach link. Or is this a separate dealership?

Home Page

Welcome to Silver Trailer Supply. We have a huge inventory of regular and hard to find Airstream parts in stock. If you don’t see what you need here, give us a call to put in a request. We also ship and install Dexter axels in any size and configuration,
At Silver Trailer Supply, we’re keeping the “old fashioned” ideal of outstanding service, quality, and value alive and well. We look forward to the opportunity to help you get your Airstream back on the road.
We are delighted to announce our expansion to a 36,000 square foot facility in Salt lake City, Utah. Thanks to all of our loyal customers for making this happen!
Old 04-06-2014, 01:00 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Situated hundreds of miles from any Airstream dealer and the nearest one (250 miles) being a terrible one, I am glad to hear there is one "only" five or six hours away in SLC. Not really glad, but a little glad. I'd love to see one in Grand Junction, but I doubt it will ever happen.

I hope this turns out to one of the best once they get going.

Gene

I drove over there today and was really impressed.I met the owner and general manager and was impressed. They had about 15 new AS in inventory and about 4-5 used ones. They had every model I wanted to see except the EB. They have 2 1930's really amazing trailers that are being restored. I forgot to take pictures. They are really amazing, so I will go back next week and take some. They seem to be passionate about AS and maintaining them.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:14 AM   #12
Jdh
2 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Slc , Utah
Silver trailer supply and this dealership are one and the same, stopped over there a couple weeks ago, man that guy has a LOT of parts, latches, hatches, doors, windows, etc. In one room of the warehouse he had forty NOS Zip Dee awnings laying there..... Seemed like a lot to me.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:25 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
These guys either have boatloads of money to spend on inventory, or they are counting on lots of business that hopefully materializes. I hope it all works out.

It is pretty far to go for a few repairs that I can either do myself or go 12 miles to a RV dealer in Grand Junction, but it is good to know there's somewhere for major work. Glad to see initial impressions have all been good.

Are they aware of the Forum and the benefits for commercial members to get acquainted with us and we with them?

Gene
Old 04-14-2014, 12:25 AM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post

Are they aware of the Forum and the benefits for commercial members to get acquainted with us and we with them?

Gene

These guys know all about us. We talked about the forum, and they expect to do a lot of business with us. Good guys. They are restoring two very interesting 1930's era trailers that I can't wait to see them finish. I will send some pictures the next time I visit them.