Old 12-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
One question you asked : When they started being equipped with all tanks?
1974 is the first year that was standard, the first 5-10 years the tanks were fairly small. So for an unmodified trailer you may be better off with an 80s or newer trailer for boondocking as far as tanks go (of course some will argue the older ones are best no matter what). Also it's not that hard to find a mid 1980s-2000 trailer in decent condition at a good price.

Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
2008 20' Safari
Tunnel Hill , Georgia
welcome to the forums...there will be an Airstream rally (Can Opener) at Top Sail State Park in Santa Rosa Beach begginning on January 4th. I'm sure that those attending will be happy to talk "shop" and many will even invite you in for a tour. Most Airtstream owners are eager to share their knowledge and and experiences.
good luck with the search

Remember its not the destination, but rather the journey.... its what's in the middle that matters the most!
Bk Yd Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
2011 16' Sport
Van Wert , Ohio
You are asking all the right questions, but experience will teach you many best advice is to experience the road on short trips....analyze the experience & note the necessary changes and go again.

Happy Trails
hissilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #18
Panama City , Florida
Well, due to circumstances somewhat beyond my control, slipping from my semi and breaking my elbow (Ouch!), looks like I'll have time to attend the 'can opener'. I appreciate everyone's input and invites. I'll probably drive over and be there mid day saturday. I hope to meet a few of you there. Take care and safe travels. Paul

thehats00 is offline   Reply With Quote