Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #1

2018 27' International
Manakin Sabot , Virginia
Netflix?

We just purchased the airstream international serenity 27FB. When we went through our walk-through of the gentleman pulled up Netflix. With two little ones we would like to be able to find this feature again. I’ve read through the manuals and I’ve played around with the TV for hours. Can anyone help me locate the Netflix icon?
Ours has the CLARiON system, Blu-ray player and Samsung TV.
CarltonFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:12 PM   #2
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Netflix is an app on your DVD player.

Turn on the TV, select HDMI source. Turn on the DVD player. Using the DVD player remote you can navigate to netflix.

You will need to connect the DVD player to a wireless network to make it work.

Personally, I use an Apple TV to get Netflix and other online content.

Good luck!
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:55 PM   #3

2018 27' International
Manakin Sabot , Virginia
Thank you so much!! I found it!! I’m trying to set up the Internet through Settings. The only option I have is to hardwire the internet? How do you get around this?
CarltonFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:07 PM   #4
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Netflix?

Unfortunate, yes, the Samsung DVD player requires a wired Ethernet connection.

I don’t use it, rather, I use an Apple TV.

To get internet to the DVD player, at a minimum you will need to buy a WiFi router, that has WiFi-wan capabilities.

I use a pepwave soho, and recommend it.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #5

1992 21' Sovereign
Denton , Texas
I replaced the DVD player with the similar model that had wifi. I can get Netflix using a cell phone hotspot.
Brad-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:02 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Netflix

On our 2017 23D we just stuck a "Firestick" into the TV. It is an Amazon product. Takes about 10 minutes to set up. Wherever your staying, if they have WIFI, you can get Netflix. Works great. About $40.00. I am sure there are other solutions but this works well for us.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:45 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraljohn View Post
On our 2017 23D we just stuck a "Firestick" into the TV. It is an Amazon product. Takes about 10 minutes to set up. Wherever your staying, if they have WIFI, you can get Netflix. Works great. About $40.00. I am sure there are other solutions but this works well for us.
Streaming movies on the park WIFI...……. that's why park WIFIs are so pitiful. They are over loaded.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:59 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Netflix at RV parks

We are always careful with our Netflix use. We always ask ahead of time if we are allowed to stream Netflix. We are currently at Land Yacht Harbor in Melbourne, Florida for the winter. Yes, they have WIFI at the recreation hall only. So we had Charter Spectrum install Internet and cable TV in our AS. Not everyone is as rude as you imply.

We stayed at TOP of Georgia (Airstream Park) last summer and had no problem with Netflix. The park has very good WIFI.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:09 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonFAM View Post
We just purchased the airstream international serenity 27FB. When we went through our walk-through of the gentleman pulled up Netflix. With two little ones we would like to be able to find this feature again. I’ve read through the manuals and I’ve played around with the TV for hours. Can anyone help me locate the Netflix icon?
Ours has the CLARiON system, Blu-ray player and Samsung TV.
The Apps are found on the Samsung TV. Here's a link that should help you get going.
ProPride Hitch, 400 W Solar
alano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:16 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
We use our smartphone as hotspot modems and run Netflix on our Roku. Don’t try and use the campsite Wifi. They are generally terrible and will not work well. My suggestion is get a weboost for your cell phone to get better signal, get an unlimited data plan on cell, and use that. And if you are traveling a lot you may want to consider satellite systems for internet or a dedicated wifi modem wireless data plan.

Also if you get a ROKU or APPLE TV you have a host of other viewing options. Happy Camping.
Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:14 PM   #11
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Netflix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overstreet View Post
Streaming movies on the park WIFI...……. that's why park WIFIs are so pitiful. They are over loaded.

They are not overloaded, rather, they are under provisioned because parks do not pay the $$$ necessary for high bandwidth connection end to end to your radio device.

I have 1 gigabit service at home. In my house I can stream 1,666 Netflix sessions simultaneously at standard definition.

Parks don’t have the revenue to cover the overhead of a proper WiFi network, so you get what you get with old 2.4ghz channels, towers that are too far away, low quality antennas, limited radio channels, channel bandwidth restrictions, and most importantly a pipe from the brick & mortar-housed modem to the internet that is too small.

It’s not that streaming Netflix uses a lot of bandwidth.

Heck - on LTE cell phone hotspot you can stream between 10 and 20 simultaneous standard definition Netflix sessions with 3 or 4 bars of coverage.......

I’ve totally given up on parks WiFi. They are useless. I use LTE cellular internet exclusively. Rarely do I not get 5-15Mbps of bandwidth with my Sure Call antenna and weboost 50db gain powered replicator.....
Old 12-14-2018, 06:39 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfraat View Post
They are not overloaded, rather, they are under provisioned because parks do not pay the $$$ necessary for high bandwidth connection end to end to your radio device.

I have 1 gigabit service at home. In my house I can stream 1,666 Netflix sessions simultaneously at standard definition.

Parks don’t have the revenue to cover the overhead of a proper WiFi network, so you get what you get with old 2.4ghz channels, towers that are too far away, low quality antennas, limited radio channels, channel bandwidth restrictions, and most importantly a pipe from the brick & mortar-housed modem to the internet that is too small.

It’s not that streaming Netflix uses a lot of bandwidth.

Heck - on LTE cell phone hotspot you can stream between 10 and 20 simultaneous standard definition Netflix sessions with 3 or 4 bars of coverage.......

I’ve totally given up on parks WiFi. They are useless. I use LTE cellular internet exclusively. Rarely do I not get 5-15Mbps of bandwidth with my Sure Call antenna and weboost 50db gain powered replicator.....

Imo it is about gotta pay to play. One must be willing to pay the bucks for amenities. I just checked and Tiger Run in Breckenridge is running $70 plus a night depending on the site location and season. I have been there (no choice as my kid rode the Breck Epic) and they have the wifi service to support what you want to do. So good wifi does exist, just have to be willing to pay the price of entry to get it.
So you pay the price of entry at the campground or determine cost benefit and pay the price doing your own system. Gets back to the notion of no such thing as a free lunch, or you get what you pay for, etc.
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:26 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1969 25' Tradewind
Shasta Lake , California
Save streaming Netflix for home.

Bring dvd’s To the RV Park .

Or pay to play .

WBCCI #6269

My Build Thread https://www.airforums.com/forums/f11...ml#post1997059
Glenritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:11 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
You can also download at home Netflix shows to your IPAD or other devise. Then connect to TV. Way faster and cheaper. And you don’t use up data.
Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:59 PM   #15

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquenzer View Post
You can also download at home Netflix shows to your IPAD or other devise. Then connect to TV. Way faster and cheaper. And you don’t use up data.
That is what I do, I download a season or two of a show which takes up 2 gig at most. If on the road I want/need more McDonalds, Pilot, or Starbucks is good for an episode or more in the time it takes to eat, or gas up.

Matti
Mattirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 07:35 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfraat View Post
They are not overloaded, rather, they are under provisioned because parks do not pay the $$$ necessary for high bandwidth connection end to end to your radio device. .....

Six of one …… half dozen of another. The effect is the same.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:18 PM   #17
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Netflix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overstreet View Post
Six of one …… half dozen of another. The effect is the same.

Kinda of. It’s hard to get upset with people eating up bandwidth with light weight applications when none exists in the first place
Old 09-25-2023, 01:07 PM   #18
Tif
2022 Caravel 20FB

2022 20' Caravel
Palm Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-TX View Post
I replaced the DVD player with the similar model that had wifi. I can get Netflix using a cell phone hotspot.
Could you pretty please tell me what model/brand you replaced it with? Thank you MUCH��
Tif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 01:30 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquenzer View Post
How do you connect your device to the TV? Can you stream via local wifi?
kscherzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 08:30 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
You just get a HDMI dongle for your phone that will let you charge at the same time.

For Apple lighting plug

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BQTGMDX...sullaelkins-20

For usb type c

https://amzn.to/3tctPow

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote