Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-24-2003, 10:05 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Need help!!!

What a great site for the uninformed like me. However I sometimes I go into overload. Being new I was cruising one of the threads & somewhere I came across where someone had pics regarding changing the electrical cord from one that was permanently attached to the trailer to an outside twist lock, allowing the electrial cord to be disconnected from the trailer at the outside terminal. I see the new Bambi's now have that feature. I would really like to review that thread, however after two nights of trying I cannot relocate the thread. Can someone redirect me?
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 10:12 PM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
How about these?

http://www.airforums.com/forum...=wire+distance

http://www.airforums.com/forum...=wire+distance

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 06:31 AM   #3
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Re: Need help!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by A.E. Milliman
................. I would really like to review that thread, however after two nights of trying I cannot relocate the thread. Can someone redirect me?
Best,
You may have noticed that I changed the title of the thread you started from "need Help" to
"Need help!-Finding thread about electrical cord."
The search function is a very powerful tool, but is much more effective with a very specific thread title.
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 07:22 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Need help! Finding thread

Thanks Peter H for redoing the thread. I'm not to up to date on the rules, etc, so hope you will bare with till---. The threads that Silverwinkle sent me are not the ones I need. The thread I looking for is--I believe-- not a real current one & was in regards to a rewire of their RV electrical 50 amp connection, from one that was hard connected to the motorhome, to one that was connected to an outside twist lock on the RV. When you disconncted,you ended up with just the cord, which didn't require shoving it back in that little hole in the side of the RV. It had pics, etc, real neat in how to do it. Any ideas on the thread location would be appreciated.
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

Old 03-25-2003, 07:25 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
I don't know the thread but what you are talking about sounds like a typical marine shore power hookup.

Maybe take a look at some outfit like West Marine or Boater's World?

A lot of people, myself included, forget that a lot of marine items work well on RV's (and of course A/S's) and are almost always of superior quality.

Chas
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 07:37 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Need help! Finding thread

We live in the land of 10,000 lakes ,but I'm a dry lander myself, so I'm not to knowledgeable regarding marine shore power. Appreciate your suggestions & it could be what I'm looking for. I would like to be able to disconnect my electrial connection from the RV to the park power, & end up with just the electrical cord, which I could wipe clean, coil & store. The new AS has this type connection. This was an excellent thread showing the "how to" complete.
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo