Old 08-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #1

Arcadia , California
Exclamation Need an airstream trailer for a photo shoot in Pasadena, CA Will pay!

Hi everyone,

I am doing a portable grill project at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena and I'm in need of an Airstream trailer (in decent condition) for a photo shoot this week! I've been looking around and have been unsuccessful and I found this site so I've you live in the Pasadena/ San Gabriel Valley area in California, please consider this offer! All I need is your trailer in the background and I will supply the rest! I am a struggling student therefore I am only able to offer $50. Please call me if you are interested, thank you!

Abraham Peters

Old 08-03-2009, 01:28 AM   #2
Power to the People !

1972 31' Sovereign
SAN DIMAS , California
Send a message via AIM to Maryw164 Send a message via Skype™ to Maryw164
No payment necessary

Abraham,

We have a 1972 Airstream Sovereign 31ft in good condition. We live in San Dimas, Ca near you. Would you be willing to come and do your shoot at our house where we have it parked? Do you need to photograph it from the side with the door facing out? If so then our location won't work. We have it parked where the door is facing a block wall. You could easily have access to the front and street side w/awning. Let me know if you are interested. Payment will not be necessary, you can do it for free. I've attached a photo of the view you'd have. Email me if you are interested.

Mary
Attached Images

Forums member #29232
Check out my new Blogs (work in progress):
http://www.airforums.com/forums/blog...-maryw164.html

http://1972airstreamsovereign.blogspot.com/
Maryw164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #3

Arcadia , California
Hi Mary,

Thats awesome! Thanks for the very quick response!

Would it be possible to shoot either Friday or saturday, depending on your schedule? I would like to shoot around 5-6 pm (closer to sunsetif possible). I'm trying use family as my models ( for my model calls for baby boomers or elder users).

Thank you again for you help in this project... Please call me if there are any problems.

Also, can you email me your address? Probably best not to share your personal address on a public forum...

Thanks! =)

Abraham
Old 08-31-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Do they get to eat whats on the grill?
Old 08-31-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
Power to the People !

1972 31' Sovereign
SAN DIMAS , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkerII View Post
Do they get to eat whats on the grill?
No, it wasn't a real grill. Abraham is a student at the local design college, and their project was to create the actual prototype to be manufactured. I will post photos as soon as he sends me some.

Mary
Forums member #29232

Old 09-01-2009, 12:52 AM   #6

Arcadia , California
Smile Sent The Photos!

Hi Mary,

I just sent you the pictures and the final presentation board. Thanks again for all your help! Hope you all enjoy the grill!
Old 09-01-2009, 02:13 AM   #7
Power to the People !

1972 31' Sovereign
SAN DIMAS , California
Ready for our close-up

Hey everyone, here is what Abraham sent me....

Hi Mary,

Sorry for the such delay! I've been away on vacation and I would've sent you the images that following week after the shoot, but, my model made gallery so i spent that whole week making adjustments and getting it ready for the Grad Show! Thanks again for your help- couldn't have done it without you! My instructors were blown away by the details that were put into the photo shoot like the Trailer!!! They loved it!

So here are are the images that were selected for the final presentation along with my final presentation board.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grill closeup.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	838.7 KB
ID:	86445   Click image for larger version

Name:	grill 2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	970.9 KB
ID:	86446  

Click image for larger version

Name:	AS photoshoot.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	86448  
Forums member #29232

Old 09-01-2009, 03:23 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
Pretty slick shoot. And imaginative project. Speaking of imagination, is it my imagination, or does that grill prototype lack a handle for raising the lid? The lids of my grills get hot!
Old 09-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Land of fruits and nuts , California
I want one.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #10
Power to the People !

1972 31' Sovereign
SAN DIMAS , California
Prototype

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirsDream View Post
Pretty slick shoot. And imaginative project. Speaking of imagination, is it my imagination, or does that grill prototype lack a handle for raising the lid? The lids of my grills get hot!
Supposedly, the grill is designed to be used in the open position only. It has a place in the lid for the utensils built in for storage. You can't really see this from the photos. Our '72 Sovereign looks pretty good in the background!

Mary
Forums member #29232

Old 09-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Very nice... the trailer looks great! I love the look of that little grill. Abraham, you may have just opened up an entire target audience by posting that here! Be sure to let us all know when those hit the market... I think there might be more than 1 at a time attending the rallies!!
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
aircooled4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #12
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Looks Very Good...

But, what's up with the senior citizen references?

I looked at the pictures, read the flyer and this looks like a very interesting product. It appears that it could be used by anyone - regardless of whether they have an Airstream and regardless of whether they have a trailer. It seems like there would be a wide audience that may simply like it for the shape.

So why the reference to senior citizens? Those are not my words - they're actually in the photo shoot flyer. I (focus group of 1) think that limits the product immediately. The audience should be as wide as possible - maybe describe why seniors would benefit from the product but don't make that the focus of the discussion.

Just my two cents.

Lucius
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #13

Arcadia , California
Thanks For The Feedback!

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the comments! Great feedback! Some of you have brought up some interesting points on the project and I wanted to clarify the reasoning behind my decisions.

Luscius,

Although the grill could be used in various environments and with a wide variety of users, the Purpose of the project was to filter through our research and specify a certain user and an environment. Even though I wanted to keep the user-end aspect open to all ages, the instructors felt that if I kept user open, then I would have to keep the environment open too. Unfortunately, for the sake of the presentation, I went ahead and specified both Senior Citizens and Airstream as my user/environment. If anything, I think it helped pin point a great product. The next stages would then involve the possibility of opening the product to as many users as possible. Which i think is the beauty of designing a portable grill- you really can't say that this portable grill is usable by only senior citizens- but at the same time, by focusing on that target group, it allowed me to utilize analog technology and nostalgic themes as inspiration to meet the requirements found in my research. Hope this helps!

Aircooled4,

Thanks!

AirsDream,

Thanks for the feedback! The handle was a feature that many designers at the school kept bringing up as a possible problem but the way in which I repositioned other mechanics, there was no need for a handle. Also, the underside of the latch handle incorporated a high temperature silicon rubber for heat displacement. All the rubber, as a matter of fact, represented this silicon. The handle on the back acted as both as the main handle and the hinging mechanism for the top lid. The last feature was the use of a magnetic latch to secure the top lid to the bottom body... I still have some work to finish to properly depict all of these features visually for now they are only in my process book with all my research.

Another thing that was probably overlooked was the use of LED lights inside the upper body. In my research, i found that none of the grills on the market have this feature built in for night time cooking. In the presentation, this last tid bit blew everybody away!

I will try to post more pictures of the grill up close!

Abraham
Old 09-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #14
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Lights in a grill to see the food in the dark? Great idea - especially if it doesn't melt off. My laptop has a light - so should my grill. Now if you could find a way to add a tiny light to my corkscrew......

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wanted, photography