Old 08-10-2004, 02:53 PM   #113
2 Rivet Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rluhr
A new version, dated 8/8/04, of the Volunteer Inspectors list can be found in post #11 on page 1 of this thread.

Please download it if you are looking for someone to check out an Airstream or Argosy for you!

Good luck finding your Airstream!
I can't find the list of people who will look at an Airstream that I might want to buy. The post said page one post #11. I think I was on the first page but the posts were up over #100. Can anyone help?

Ann

Old 08-10-2004, 03:25 PM   #114
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Here is a Link to the exact post.

WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:57 PM   #115
1 Rivet Member

A '76 Argosy 27' That Hasn't Been In Use For Five Years....does That Mean Alot Of "disuse Damage" Is Likely Even It's Basically Been In Quiet Storage?

Does Anyone Have A Learned Opinion About The Fiberglass Vertical Sidewall '80's Argosys In Terms Of Their Components And Liveability That Would Substantially Separate Them From Earlier Models....many Thanks....ned
Old 09-27-2004, 10:45 PM   #116

Rivet Volunteer Inspector in Texas or Oklahoma

I live near DFW airport and I own a small airplane that I can fly up to 200 miles. I have a digital camera & can post the pics to the web.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:10 PM   #117

Talking 1987 34' 454 inspection

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc
I am in! i can handle eastern NC and coastal SC, anything within a 4 hour radius on Raleigh, NC, give or take. I can do digital or film, your choice. PM is the best way to get me.
Maybe we should start a "Look what I found" forum for people to report what is available in their area?
Aaron
We are looking at a 34' 1987 chevy 454 airstream located in Granite Falls, NC. It's owner states that it is in great condition along with 6500$ of renovations recently done by airstream with documentation. The unit has 55,000 miles and has had 3-5 owners. We are hoping to drive the unit cross country over the next year and would like to know any details about this certain unit and wether it could make a cross country trip, and back. We are newbies with an airstream this large but have driven large vehicles before. Any info you could relay would be great. Thank you. Ed Pavia

You can also contact me @ 910-790-3601
Old 11-16-2004, 08:59 PM   #118
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
ebay motorhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by printsmudge
We are looking at a 34' 1987 chevy 454 airstream located in Granite Falls, NC. It's owner states that it is in great condition along with 6500$ of renovations recently done by airstream with documentation. The unit has 55,000 miles and has had 3-5 owners. We are hoping to drive the unit cross country over the next year and would like to know any details about this certain unit and wether it could make a cross country trip, and back. We are newbies with an airstream this large but have driven large vehicles before. Any info you could relay would be great. Thank you. Ed Pavia

You can also contact me @ 910-790-3601
take a look at "Ebay motorhome. A good deal? (do a search) posted yesterday on motorhome forum, general motorhome related topics...
We were interested too. But, not so sure now...
Old 11-16-2004, 11:30 PM   #119
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Add my name

We can cover the Southern part of NH..
I have a digital camera and, can burn a CD as well..
Suggestion:
Why not create a photo log on the 'forum' for online viewing once the original request'r has had a chance to view the A/S?
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 11:06 PM   #120

Need an inspection on a used AS in Brewster Mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rluhr
This idea comes up again and again, and it's a darned good one!
Let me volunteer for northern New England. If I can inspect your prospective purchase within 100 miles of Burlington, VT, let me know!
(That area includes the Adirondacks, northern and central VT, Montreal, northeastern NH).
Not a lot of Airstreams up here for sale but I thought I'd set an example. Come on, everyone, volunteer and let's see if we can get a network going!
-- RL
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSub
Great Idea! I would be happy to do Southern Vermont, Western Massachusetts, and the Albany, NY area.
So with me covering Southern VT and RLuhr covering Northern VT, can we claim Vermont as the first state with 100% coverage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over59
I can help East of the Connecticut River in Connecticut, most of Rhode Island, and South Central Mass between Springfield and Boston down to Providence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsgts
I can do the New Hampshire coast and Southern Maine. I have owned 3 airstreams---restored a 1973 25' Land yacht, reconditioned a 1986 25' Soverign, and now own a 1999 31' Excella Classic that is a gem. I have a digital camera and a cd burner Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Syrotiak
I'm more than happy to provide a look and see service here in Connecticut.
I live in Florida and there is an Airstream for sale near Brewster, Mass. The owners say it is in excellent condition but I have difficuIty buying it sight unseen. I called the local New Bedford, Mass Airstream dealer but he won't go to look at it even if I paid him (says they don't do appraisals) .

So, I would like to hire some person knowledgeable with Airstreams who is capable of determining if the trailer is what the owners say it is. I'm not looking for an appraisal just that everything works and give me an overview of its condition.

CAN YOU HELP ME? Thank you . . .
eMail: glev@bellsouth.net
Fax: 561-637-0492
Old 01-17-2005, 09:08 PM   #121
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Rich I don't know how I missed this one. You can count me in for the Tidewater Virginia and North Eastern North Carolina. I just drove 230 miles to the mountains of Virginia to look at at 99 34'. We don't do this often but you don't see something that you think you might be interested in all that often. Glad to help the cause. Now I have to go back and read everything in this post. Ok read all the posts. I have digital as well as 35 mm and scanner. I think all we can do is give an honest evaluation and take pleanty of pics. When I photograph weddings I have a checklist of what shots must be taken, the other shots are icing on the cake. A nice check list of must look at items should be developed. I will volunteer to start the list if there is an interest.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 09:59 PM   #122
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I thought we had signed up for this, but scanning the posts, we had not. Please add us for anything in central Missouri. We have digital camera and a truck to pack a ladder to check out/photo the top line. We could go as far as Sedalia west, Rolla south, Moberly or Macon north, or equidistant east. Forum members in KC, St. Louis, and the Springfield area would probably be helpful in those places if needed.
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 06:14 AM   #123
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
We can cover western Missouri top to bottom (Rock Port to Joplin), eastern Kansas, and areas around Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska (in a pinch with some advance planning). We have a digital camera and a truck with ladder (Geez Georgia, I hadn't thought of a ladder, I just climb on top of the truck cab )

Eljay

1968 Tradewind Double.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:27 AM   #124
Craftsman

In another thread I suggested a checklist put together by the forum that an individual could take with them when they are looking at a used purchase. The checklist could also be used by forum members doing an inspection for other members in different states. The checklist would maintain consistency between inspections and eliminate a lot of subjectivity and provide an objective and accurate view as to the condition. Two people looking at the same Airstream may have different opinions as to the condition.At the end of the checlist the inspector could provide their personal opinion as to the condition in a summary. I wouldn't want to recommend someone travel what might be a consideral distance and spend what could be a lot of money to have missed something important. At least a checklist along with a personal opinion as a summary helps to insure eveyone is looking at the same things and also gives you the benifit of a members personal expertise as I'm sure they vary widely .
Old 03-17-2005, 07:42 AM   #125
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
List Updated!

An update to the Volunteer Inspectors list, dated March 17, 2005, can be found in Post #11 of this thread

Follow this link: Volunteer Inspectors list 03-17-05

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:41 PM   #126
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
Can anyone check out a trailer in El Paso, TX?

PM me if you can.

Thanks

Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast
Safari Tim is offline   Reply With Quote