Old 02-21-2004, 12:48 PM   #85
2 Rivet Member
Volunteer Inspector

We would be happy to cover the area north of Fresno, Ca up through the Sacramento area (or a little beyond), I've done quite a bit of work on my '65 Tradewind, so, kinda know what to look for. I have a digital camera and a cd burner. I can also email some photos.

Windspill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 07:36 PM   #86
Magazine publisher
Commercial Member
Ferrisburg , Vermont
LIST UPDATED as of March 18, 2004

You can download the current list on page one of this thread. Look for the posting about halfway down page one, called "Download the list here".

Airstream Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 03:04 PM   #87
1 Rivet Member
Thumbs up Count us in

Between a handy metal sculptor who doesn't mind crawling under stuff and poking and proding things and a fiance who knows how to use a camera, and a weimaraner who will sniff out any hidden tenants, we'll offer to cover about a three hour (not including rush hour traffic) radius around Washington, D.C.

I don't know how many times we'll have to go out since we ended up having to drive to Indiana and back in a weekend to get our trailer If anyone can find anything in our area, we'll go look at it for you.

We can do 35mm or digital and can email or burn to a disk.

Contact us via pm or
Bailey56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 07:14 PM   #88
Rivet Master
1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Any one in Missouri?

We think we know what to look for in a trailer, but we would surely feel better before we decide to make an offer for an AS if we had a Forum member with Airstream experience to check along with us. As many of you have probably felt before, purchasing an AS is a big step for us. Not wanting to be wholly swayed by the excitement that the AS generates in us, we want to make a wise decision. We see no one currently listed for Missouri on this data base, but we are wondering if any Forum member in the vicinity of mid Missouri would serve as volunteer inspector with us? We would be happy to pay expenses for travel. Thanks in advance.
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 07:50 PM   #89
Rivet Master
Western NC Asheville area 28710

I am available for Western NC 28710 within a reasonable distance. Have Digital camera, cd burner , etc... Whatever you need.
RichardT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:16 AM   #90
2 Rivet Member
North Texas, Gainesville

Although I am still motorhomless, I would be willing to take a look at anything north of Dallas into southern Oklahome. Digital camera/cd burner. I fly for an airline, so am in and out a lot, but would make a real effort to work something into my schedule. PM would work, as I check daily (if not out of town).

Bill in the Great State (that's Texas, for you yankees.)
Bill_in_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 04:56 PM   #91
Rivet Master
1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
I can help East of the Connecticut River in Connecticut, most of Rhode Island, and South Central Mass between Springfield and Boston down to Providence.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 04:56 PM   #92
Rivet Master
1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Have digital camera and cd burning. Also broadband internet
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 07:47 PM   #93
Rivet Master
2005 25' Safari
North Central , Texas
We'll be glad to help out in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas area.
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:54 PM   #94
4 Rivet Member
2002 19' Bambi
1989 29' Excella
1980 28' International
Avon , Colorado
Send a message via AIM to rfield54
I can cover the upper central mountains of Colorado , roughly a triangle between Gypsum, Silverthorne and Leadville. Maybe up to Steamboat Springs and out to Glenwood Springs. -Roy
rfield54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 05:23 PM   #95
Rivet Master
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Glad to Return the Favour!!

We too would be more than pleased to help someone out and can cover the Ontario, Central -East area.

This is a great service! of which we would not have Moon Beam today without it.

We are no experts - but have a digital camera - take great shots and can identify floor rot and rust, eye ball those sneaky leaks - check appliances - and have a kean eye for the little things missing/broken that seem to add up - like catches, latches, lenses, seals, winders, cranks and the list goes on .
Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:42 PM   #96
Rivet Master
1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
oooh.... allright, allright.

Everyone's been so darn nice on this board. I'll do it. Besides I might need one of you soon.

I'll take pictures of Northern California San Francisco/Oakland and a decent drive around the area, but remember traffic is awful around here so I can't guarantee it will always happen, but I'll try. I don't know ANYTHING about Airstreams except that we're looking for a guttable 22' footer pre-1970, but I can definitely take pictures for you and,
2.burn to disc, or
3.upload to yahoo or to share with you (all for free).

I have a Canon Powershot s50 digital camera. I won't buy it from under you. That is bad karma. But if you pass on it I'm first, I'm firrrrrst!

Just paypal me a few bucks for gas after, and if you want a disc, postage.

Remember I'm towing around a 5 year old too so everything needs to be scheduled around birthday parties and visits to the swimming pool!
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 06:28 PM   #97
'67 Overlander
1967 26' Overlander
Lyle , Washington
Originally Posted by rluhr
[COLOR=red]Here's the current list of people who have volunteered.

Keep those names coming! We need a lot more people to cover this big nation!
I can handle the SF Bay Area, specifically San Jose to San Francisco. There's already another VI for the East Bay (Oakland, etc).

I'm on my fourth pre-68 AS restoration, and have a digital cam and a broadband connection. I don't need gas money or anything of the sort. I'll consider it a deposit in the Karma Bank and hope that somebody will return the favor the next time I see something shiny and silver on eBay that's more than a few hours away.

Chris Bastian
cwbastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 06:44 PM   #98
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
1987 25' Sovereign
1977 23' Safari
North Olmsted , Ohio
Hi everyone...having the opportunity to use the volunteer inspector,
I would like to return the favor. May I be considered for northern Ohio, say 75 -100 miles surrounding the Cleveland area.

You never know what you can do
until you try to undo what you did.
blucloud is offline   Reply With Quote