Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-03-2004, 01:56 PM   #101
2 Rivet Member

Anyone in the Springfield MO area?

I am looking to purchase an RV in Springfield MO and was hoping to have someone refer me to a trustworthy mechanic to check it out before I make any plans.
Hidalgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 02:53 PM   #102
3 Rivet Member

Smile

After all the help and advice I've received from you guys and gals it would be my pleasure to help anybody that ask.

I frequently (3 days every month) travel to Duncan , Clifton, Morenci, San Manuel, Oracle, Mammoth, Hayden, Winkleman, Showlow, Pinetop, Lakeside, McNary, Mesa, Apache Junction, Safford, Thatcher, Pima. Pretty much central and east central AZ.

I have digital camera, cd burner, scanner, fax, 35mm, take your pick.
I am also certified home inspecter, certified crane inspecter and know enough about computers to frequently get myself in trouble at work, so need help PM and I'll see what I can do. I also noticed that flyfshr will look in AZ so maybe between the two of us we can help you. This is starting to sound like an advertisement.

Leonard

LotalaborAZ
upallnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:15 PM   #103
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hidalgo, We are a couple hundred miles from Springfield so I wouldn't be able to advise you. However, my son lived there until a few years ago. I'll check to see if he knows of a good mechanic who would do this for you or if he'll check with some of his contacts there. I may be a couple of days getting back to you. How soon must you know? Hopefully someone else on the Forum from that area will have some advise for you before I find out anything.
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:30 PM   #104
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalgo
I am looking to purchase an RV in Springfield MO and was hoping to have someone refer me to a trustworthy mechanic to check it out before I make any plans.
I live in Springfield. Send me a pm.

Mark
j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 09:35 AM   #105
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , ^
Look at an Airstream in the DC/Maryland area?

I know someone that is interested in an Airstream located in the DC/Maryland area and would really be appreciative if anyone in that area would be willing to check it out for her. She is not a forum member... yet, but is hoping to be one very soon, as this is her first Airstream.

This person contacted me through my personal web site that features my trailer, and I have been giving her what information I know to help. She is paranoid, rightfully so, about buying a trailer long distance.

If anyone is in that area, and I can get more specific locations, PM me, and I will forward her information to you.

I have no interest in this other than helping out a future Airstreamer!

Thanks!

Sneakinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 06:53 AM   #106
1 Rivet Member

Good Morning all. We are new to the forum and are looking to buy a good used Airstream. I think I have located one in Charleston, SC that will suit me and my family. I would like to ask a volunteer to have a look at it for me, if possible. We live near Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and it's a long drive. It sounds like a nice trailer, but it sure would be disappointing to drive all that way (with two small children) to find out it's not what we expected. Thanks for your help.
Cam Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 09:27 AM   #107
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Monk
Good Morning all. We are new to the forum and are looking to buy a good used Airstream. I think I have located one in Charleston, SC that will suit me and my family. I would like to ask a volunteer to have a look at it for me, if possible. We live near Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and it's a long drive. It sounds like a nice trailer, but it sure would be disappointing to drive all that way (with two small children) to find out it's not what we expected. Thanks for your help.
Hi Cam Monk and welcome to the forums,

at the beginning of this thread (in red) there's a pdf file with the updated list of volunteers. I suggest you look through it and email /pm directly the volunteers in the SC area.
This post may go by unvisited while someone out there is willing to help you but does not know of your need.
Best of luck
Old 08-01-2004, 10:51 AM   #108
1 Rivet Member

Good morning and thanks for your response. I hate to look stupid, but I can't seem to find any file that comes up in red, or anything related to a volunteer list. Is there something I am missing? Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMILI
Hi Cam Monk and welcome to the forums,

at the beginning of this thread (in red) there's a pdf file with the updated list of volunteers. I suggest you look through it and email /pm directly the volunteers in the SC area.
This post may go by unvisited while someone out there is willing to help you but does not know of your need.
Best of luck
Old 08-01-2004, 11:42 AM   #109
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Hi

It's in post #11. You need "acrobat reader" to open and view it. Do you know if you have that? If not, let me know and I can help you get it.

If you still can't find the red part, let me know, give me your email address and I can email the file to you. Just scroll to the beginning pages of this thread and look for post #11, and click on the thing down on the bottom of the post that ends with .pdf

Let me know if you need any help. We live in CA and bought one in Wisconsin and it turned out fine. What a drive home!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 12:26 PM   #110
1 Rivet Member

Found it, thanks!!! Didn't find anyone in Charleston, but hopefully someone close by can help. Nothing like a road trip with two small children and two dogs to test your sanity. Thanks again, Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingoes
It's in post #11. You need "acrobat reader" to open and view it. Do you know if you have that? If not, let me know and I can help you get it.

If you still can't find the red part, let me know, give me your email address and I can email the file to you. Just scroll to the beginning pages of this thread and look for post #11, and click on the thing down on the bottom of the post that ends with .pdf

Let me know if you need any help. We live in CA and bought one in Wisconsin and it turned out fine. What a drive home!
Old 08-01-2004, 05:12 PM   #111
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
Hi...check w. smily....he lives in Monks Corners and knows a GREAT deal about airstreams...he has had several...his wife if expecting about now though...but check with him...SMILY, SC Coastal Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Monk
Found it, thanks!!! Didn't find anyone in Charleston, but hopefully someone close by can help. Nothing like a road trip with two small children and two dogs to test your sanity. Thanks again, Cam.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:24 AM   #112
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
A new version, dated 8/8/04, of the Volunteer Inspectors list can be found in post #11 on page 1 of this thread.

Please download it if you are looking for someone to check out an Airstream or Argosy for you!

Good luck finding your Airstream!

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 01:53 PM   #113
2 Rivet Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rluhr
A new version, dated 8/8/04, of the Volunteer Inspectors list can be found in post #11 on page 1 of this thread.

Please download it if you are looking for someone to check out an Airstream or Argosy for you!

Good luck finding your Airstream!
I can't find the list of people who will look at an Airstream that I might want to buy. The post said page one post #11. I think I was on the first page but the posts were up over #100. Can anyone help?

Ann
AnnZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 02:25 PM   #114
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Here is a Link to the exact post.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:57 PM   #115
1 Rivet Member

A '76 Argosy 27' That Hasn't Been In Use For Five Years....does That Mean Alot Of "disuse Damage" Is Likely Even It's Basically Been In Quiet Storage?

Does Anyone Have A Learned Opinion About The Fiberglass Vertical Sidewall '80's Argosys In Terms Of Their Components And Liveability That Would Substantially Separate Them From Earlier Models....many Thanks....ned
Bolinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:45 PM   #116

Rivet Volunteer Inspector in Texas or Oklahoma

I live near DFW airport and I own a small airplane that I can fly up to 200 miles. I have a digital camera & can post the pics to the web.
stanhinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:10 AM   #117

Talking 1987 34' 454 inspection

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc
I am in! i can handle eastern NC and coastal SC, anything within a 4 hour radius on Raleigh, NC, give or take. I can do digital or film, your choice. PM is the best way to get me.
Maybe we should start a "Look what I found" forum for people to report what is available in their area?
Aaron
We are looking at a 34' 1987 chevy 454 airstream located in Granite Falls, NC. It's owner states that it is in great condition along with 6500$ of renovations recently done by airstream with documentation. The unit has 55,000 miles and has had 3-5 owners. We are hoping to drive the unit cross country over the next year and would like to know any details about this certain unit and wether it could make a cross country trip, and back. We are newbies with an airstream this large but have driven large vehicles before. Any info you could relay would be great. Thank you. Ed Pavia

You can also contact me @ 910-790-3601
printsmudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 07:59 PM   #118
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
ebay motorhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by printsmudge
We are looking at a 34' 1987 chevy 454 airstream located in Granite Falls, NC. It's owner states that it is in great condition along with 6500$ of renovations recently done by airstream with documentation. The unit has 55,000 miles and has had 3-5 owners. We are hoping to drive the unit cross country over the next year and would like to know any details about this certain unit and wether it could make a cross country trip, and back. We are newbies with an airstream this large but have driven large vehicles before. Any info you could relay would be great. Thank you. Ed Pavia

You can also contact me @ 910-790-3601
take a look at "Ebay motorhome. A good deal? (do a search) posted yesterday on motorhome forum, general motorhome related topics...
We were interested too. But, not so sure now...
Old 11-16-2004, 10:30 PM   #119
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Add my name

We can cover the Southern part of NH..
I have a digital camera and, can burn a CD as well..
Suggestion:
Why not create a photo log on the 'forum' for online viewing once the original request'r has had a chance to view the A/S?
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 10:06 PM   #120

Need an inspection on a used AS in Brewster Mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rluhr
This idea comes up again and again, and it's a darned good one!
Let me volunteer for northern New England. If I can inspect your prospective purchase within 100 miles of Burlington, VT, let me know!
(That area includes the Adirondacks, northern and central VT, Montreal, northeastern NH).
Not a lot of Airstreams up here for sale but I thought I'd set an example. Come on, everyone, volunteer and let's see if we can get a network going!
-- RL
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSub
Great Idea! I would be happy to do Southern Vermont, Western Massachusetts, and the Albany, NY area.
So with me covering Southern VT and RLuhr covering Northern VT, can we claim Vermont as the first state with 100% coverage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over59
I can help East of the Connecticut River in Connecticut, most of Rhode Island, and South Central Mass between Springfield and Boston down to Providence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsgts
I can do the New Hampshire coast and Southern Maine. I have owned 3 airstreams---restored a 1973 25' Land yacht, reconditioned a 1986 25' Soverign, and now own a 1999 31' Excella Classic that is a gem. I have a digital camera and a cd burner Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Syrotiak
I'm more than happy to provide a look and see service here in Connecticut.
I live in Florida and there is an Airstream for sale near Brewster, Mass. The owners say it is in excellent condition but I have difficuIty buying it sight unseen. I called the local New Bedford, Mass Airstream dealer but he won't go to look at it even if I paid him (says they don't do appraisals) .

So, I would like to hire some person knowledgeable with Airstreams who is capable of determining if the trailer is what the owners say it is. I'm not looking for an appraisal just that everything works and give me an overview of its condition.

CAN YOU HELP ME? Thank you . . .
eMail: glev@bellsouth.net
Fax: 561-637-0492
genelev is offline   Reply With Quote