3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Hattiesburg , Ms
Send a message via AIM to gutsgolf Send a message via Skype™ to gutsgolf
gutsgolf, digital camera, louisiana

Old 07-27-2009, 09:51 PM   #282

1968 22' Safari
UK , Norfolk
Hi, help needed! I'm looking for somebody to check out a 68 Safari 22' in San Diego....will happily cover expenses..

Old 07-28-2009, 07:37 AM   #283
1 Rivet Member

amherst , Massachusetts
wow, indeed so many volunteers. this is fabulous! i would like to take RL up on his offer so will write him directly here:

hi rl,

adorable icon! that yer pooch?

we are seriously interested in class c rig in barnet, vt and are wondering if you'd inspect it for us, but as a paid gig. we are going up tomorrow, weds. afternoon, 7/29. if we put a deposit on it, any chance you could inspect it this week? sorry for late notice bit it could not be helped!

please feel free to call us in mass at 413-253-3562. my name is mary and my husband's name is keith. we just sold our home and are preparing to full-time it, the a/s's did not work out for us cus we haven't a truck to pull it with not the $ to buy both truck and trailer, thus the class c seems best suitable for our needs. plus we will be traveling all over the us for an indefinate amout of time and need an all-in-one as full-timers, or so we think now as rookies!

we love what we see in this rig as it has green alternatives to travel that we so desire. (solar panels, diesel engine) and looks so well cared for. when you contatc me, i will send you a link to check it out on line. i think you can email me through here.

best regards,

mary
Old 07-28-2009, 07:42 AM   #284
1 Rivet Member

amherst , Massachusetts
Vermont rig needing inspector for MA couple

wow, indeed so many volunteers. this is fabulous! i would like to take RL up on his offer so will write him directly here:

hi rl,

we are seriously interested in class c rig in barnet, vt and are wondering if you'd inspect it for us, but as a paid gig. we are going up tomorrow, weds. afternoon, 7/29. if we put a deposit on it, any chance you could inspect it this week? sorry for late notice bit it could not be helped!

please feel free to call us in mass at 413-253-3562. my name is mary and my husband's name is keith. we just sold our home and are preparing to full-time it, the a/s's did not work out for us cus we haven't a truck to pull it with not the $ to buy both truck and trailer, thus the class c seems best suitable for our needs. plus we will be traveling all over the us for an indefinite amount of time and need an all-in-one as full-timers, or so we think now as rookies!

we love what we see in this rig as it has green alternatives to travel that we so desire. (solar panels, diesel engine) and looks so well cared for. when you contact me, i will send you a link to check it out on line. i think you can email me through here.

best regards,

mary
Old 11-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #285
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
I dont know why but I listed myself as a Volunteer Insp when this was first started and I see that my post is not on here after looking at this entire post.
I am in East Tennessee, 65 miles east of Knoxville, 75 miles south of Bristol, 60 miles north of Ashville NC.
Mark "Sarge" Hutchens
SargeAF@Hotmail.com
Greeneville Tenn

MODS: Could you possibly put a link on the system at the same spot asking for Vol Insp listing all inspectors available up to date. I can volunteer as a list mod to keep the list up to date if needed. PM me about it or email at the email above.

Sarge
Old 11-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #286
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Sarge - You are listed under Trailer and Motorhome Inspectors list in TN. To find a trailer inspector you should always search both the trailer list and the trailer/MH list.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #287

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Inspector Needed

Inspector needed for Williamsburg VA. I will pay for all expenses.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:36 PM   #288

Currently Looking...
Lethbridge , Alberta
Is there an up to date list of Volunteer Inspectors?
Old 05-14-2010, 02:19 AM   #289

Spokane , Washington
Hello, I don" have a trailer yet, but have seen one in NE Oregon and would sure like some help inspecting it this weekend, Please let me know if anyone out there could help. thank you
Old 05-14-2010, 05:59 AM   #290
3 Rivet Member

1968 17' Caravel
Marblehead , Hasslechusetts
This seems as good as any a place to thank Richard and Robin (rgesch) for helping me acquire our 1968 Caravel.

In September 2008 I found a 1965 TW with an asking price of $3,000.00 at the side of the road in NH. Sine I knew nothing about Airstreams I searched online and found this Forum and looked for a volunteer inspector. Richard answered my message and offered to help. We looked the trailer over a couple of times and he advised me against buying it. A second trailer was found on CRAIG'S LIST in Nashua NH and he and Robin drove down with us to take a look. Again, they advised against me buying it. He would accept no reimbursement for gas or expenses having made several trips with me to look at these trailers.

Finally last summer Richard directed me to a friend of his who had decided to put his beautiful 1968 Caravel up for sale. We concluded the deal in November and Richard and I went down and towed it home. Thanks to Richard and Robin my wife and I now have a beautiful Airstream trailer in our driveway and are looking forward to enjoying it for many years.

Had it not been for the volunteer examiner database and me meeting Richard and Robin I would have either made a big and costly mistake or have no Airstream at all.

In the eighteen months or so that have elapsed Richard and Robin have become warm personal friends and my wife and 12 year-old daughter look forward to camping with them in our almost-twin Caravels. They have a 1967.

I am also very happy to report that I have paid back the favor. I encouraged them both to study and both Richard and Robin passed their amateur radio examinations at NEAR-Fest VII on May 1st 2010 and now are licenced as KB1UFH (Robin) and KB1UFI (Richard).

It is my pleasure to welcome them to the ranks of Airstream owners who are also radio amateurs.
"Best #@! Hamfest on the Planet!"

www.near-fest.com
mistermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #291
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
yorkville , Illinois
Question

**AIRSTREAM**22FT**1965**
**AIRSTREAM**22FT**1965** - $6500 (STREAMWOOD, IL)

I wonder if the airstream in this craigslist ad is worth having checked out? I see it has been remodeled but not in AS Style. I can't even tell if there is still a kitchen inside? However that is not a deal breaker for me cause I love to cook over the fire when camping and I can add kitchen appliances etc.

Should I set up a inspection or call this guy? I have seen this trailer on craigslist before and he is still trying to sell. He also did not have great pics.

I really don't have the $ for a AS right now but also don't want to miss on a good deal.

thanks!
Karen

PS: I do not live in Streamwood but west of Aurora, IL)
Old 05-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #292
Aluminumluvr

1980 20' Caravelle
2002 25' Safari
San Diego , California
Can cover San Diego County in Southern California. This covers Oceanside to the Mexican border. I have a digital camera and would be happy to send you a thorough inspection through pictures.
2002 Safari 25SS
2006 Toyota Tundra
AluminumLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #293

Currently Looking...
Beaumont , Texas
Inspector Needed- Madison WI

Looking for help reviewing an Argosy in Madison WI. Will gladly pay expenses to review.
Thanks
Old 10-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #294

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Lakewood , Colorado
Looking for help in Reno Nevada area. I live in Denver CO I found a 1968 Caravel that I am very interested in. I am looking for somebody to see if she is road worthy, and if it is a good deal. Please e-mail me zippyed@msn.com