Old 05-23-2006, 09:44 AM   #211
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Angel73
Oh no that is wrong

I don't blame you there.That would make me mad.Theres not alot around here.I wished i had someone that knew what to look for before we bought ours.If your being ask to look at trailer so they can just resell them.I would want a cut of it too .If i would even go look at it at all.There are some people who try to get something for nothing and am sorry to hear you had some run ins with a few of them...I would never ask someone to do anything for free.Even if they say no just gas i give them some extra anyway...I figure if there nice enough to help me then ill return the fav.

Old 05-23-2006, 09:50 AM   #212
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
We have tried to ID commercial vendors on this site. And this is one of the reasons. Folks are not required to disclose their commercial interest in Airstreams when they join. But as we find them, we label them. Some dealers want their ID disclosed - and it is in everyones best interest. I'm sorry you had this experience - I have also been contacted by a flipper and as soon as I started asking questions he ran.

We'll figure out a way to get the list updated.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:53 AM   #213
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
A POX on the house of those who abuse inspectors . My Trade Wind really was 3 states away, a good samaritan here made the deal possible by checking it out for me.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:10 AM   #214
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray
A POX on the house of those who abuse inspectors . My Trade Wind really was 3 states away, a good samaritan here made the deal possible by checking it out for me.
And, I might add, both Rod and SafariTim have very kindly thanked me in the forums. That,in my opinion, is a fine way to treat those that inspect them.

The two I have done so far have been positive. But I could tell both people were sincere about wanting to own an Airstream for personal use. I would do like Janet did, watch out for those just out to snatch up a cheap, poor old trailer and sell it for gain and profit on eBay. Nothing wrong with profit, just don't use me for a free inspection, hiding your intentions.

BTW, I have been offered cash compensation, and have turned it down. To misquote an Indiana gun dealer, I just love looking at Airstreams.

And, if all fails, Rog, when we find shady, dishonest people wanting to look at Michigan trailers, we'll suggest they go talk to Lou Patterson, and he'll give them the business they deserve!

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:32 AM   #215
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
And, if all fails, Rog, when we find shady, dishonest people wanting to look at Michigan trailers, we'll suggest they go talk to Lou Patterson, and he'll give them the business they deserve!
Actually I have referred a couple of requests to Lou because he was much closer to the location and because I know he has nothing else to do.
Oh boy, I'm gonna hear from him now. Luv ya Lou you big teddy bear.
We need more Michigan inspectors. Heloooo Michiganders?

May you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t git you.

Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:42 AM   #216
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog0525
What really bugs me is not the lack of payment, it's the lack of gratitude.
I could not agree more. The American philosopher William James (1842-1910), said "The deepest principle in human nature is the desire to be appreciated." I believe he was, and is, correct. I first came across this quotation while reading one of the sixteen million copies of Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and influence people", first published in 1937. www.abebooks has many copies for under four dollars, and I'd like to present a copy to each of the offenders. I view it as one of the most important books I have read.
The karma system on this forum reflects the importance of this principle. A kind word of thanks for a carefully considered post encourages me to continue what, on selfish consideration, could be thought to be a pointless activity.
Rog has my sympathy.
Nick.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #217
Huh?

1975 27' Overlander
Twin Cities , Minnesota
Could the moderators link this thread to to the one about inspecting trailers 3 states away? Maybe do it in one of the first posts so folks would read it as well as the other.
Sad but true how many of us need to be reminded that kindness should begat kindness.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:10 PM   #218
AnnabeltheCaravel

1967 17' Caravel
North Vancouver , British Columbia
I,m in for The lower mainland of British Columbia Canada.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:57 PM   #219
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited S/O
Jamestown , North Carolina
Inspection

Hi Aaron,
Stewart in Greensboro. Where are the best places to find quality units for sale? We have communicated several times and you have given me some good advice. I'm leaning now towards newer, 30'. I have checked the AS classifieds but many are located long distances away.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:39 AM   #220
3 Rivet Member

1957 30' Sovereign of the Road
Atlanta , Georgia
Spokane/Coeur D'Alene area?

There is an AS on e-bay that we'd like to have someone take a look at for us -- A '56 Safari that my wife is ready to buy now! I didn't find any active members on the thread so I'm spreading an all points "HELP". Thanks.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:27 PM   #221
1 Rivet Member

woodstock , New York
Volunteer inspectors in Hudson Valley, NY?

Following a thread from awhile ago, I'm wondering if there's anyone willing to check out my 1969 International? I've actually already purchased it, and my main question is about the water system. I'm really not very savvy myself yet, and the previous owner didn't really use the trailer, so didn't know about the water system. If there's anyone around willing to take a quick look, it would be much appreciated!
Old 09-02-2006, 10:20 AM   #222
3 Rivet Member

1957 30' Sovereign of the Road
Atlanta , Georgia
Folks,

As I'm in the hunt for one myself right now, I've looked at a half dozen trailers around Atlanta in the last few weeks. By no means a pro, but I'm willing to help check'em out in and around ATL....just keep in mind I'm looking too

Sean
Old 09-02-2006, 10:29 AM   #223
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Maryville , Tennessee
I'd be glad to inspect and email photos and answer questions by phone with about 2 hours of Maryville/Knoxville, TN 37803
Old 09-03-2006, 11:05 PM   #224
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
hampden , Massachusetts
NH inpector??

Hi all! Wondering if anyone out there would be able to inspect a trailer for me in Lisbon, NH? Just needs mainly a stuctural inspection as it is gutted on the inside!

Thanks!
Amanda