Old 08-12-2005, 12:49 AM   #141
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member
1968 24' Tradewind
Fort Myers , Florida
Send a message via AIM to JeepinAudiophile Send a message via Yahoo to JeepinAudiophile
Just another name on the list... I'm located around Worcester, Ma... I'll be willing to check out pretty much anything within say 40-50 miles of me. I have a digital camera, broadband, cd burning capabilities, decent knowledge of what to look for, etc. This is a great service for anyone looking and I'm happy to have the possibility to help. You all ROCK! --Chad--

Tow Rig: 2005 GMC Sierra Denali AWD, 6.0L HO- LOTS OF UPGRADES to help Towing (and Fun)
Trailer: 1968 Tradewind 24', Land Yacht trim (Shell-Off Rebuild and upgrades)
***Missing from my life***

WBCCI # 13657
++Take a look at my restoration photo album++
JeepinAudiophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:34 AM   #142
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
List is updated!

An update to the Volunteer Inspectors list, dated August 12, 2005, can be downloaded here.

Note that the old list (dated 3-17-05) still appears in Post #11 of this thread because I can no longer edit my old posts (due to a change in Forums policy). Don't use that list -- use this one!

Please note also that a lot of people volunteered months ago and have not been active on the Forums since, so if you don't hear from someone on the list, try another person. Also, please let me know via PM so I can remove them from the next update.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Volunteer Inspectors.pdf (66.6 KB, 265 views)

Former full-timer | AIRSTREAM LIFE magazine | Tour of America (old blog) | Man In The Maze (current blog)

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 07:38 PM   #143
Rivet Master
1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Oops, slightly off topic, but. . .Maybe I am having a brain glitch again, but I wonder if we have a similar file for those of us who would serve as overnight AS/Argosy parking hosts for forum members traveling in our areas? If so, please catch me up on where the file is found. If not, would we want one? If so, would someone techy-talented set one up for our mutual help and enjoyment? Thanks ~G
1995 Airstream Classic Limited 30' ~ Gypsy
1978 Argosy Minuet, 6.0~Minnie/GPZWGN
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:24 PM   #144
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Arlington , Texas
Can you look at an Airstream for me?

Originally Posted by LonnieW
I can cover the Indianapolis and central Indiana area. Though I don't have my Airstream yet, I do have a digital camera, CD burner, and mechanical, electrical, and troubleshooting experience.
Hey, Lonnie!
I live way down here in Texas (Ft. Worth). Have a lead on an Airstream in Central Indiana. It's currently on Ebay (11-11-05). Check it out in Ebay Motors and see what you think:

#4588807726 - 1978 Airstream Sovereign, Travel Trailer, LOOK ! ! !

What are the chances of you looking at this (as if YOU were going to buy it) and getting some close-ups for me? I'll reimburse you for the cost of your gas and time. Just let me know before so I can prepare to take care of you. You can PM me or get me at Thanks!
sierrajb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 01:41 AM   #145
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Saw your Squarestream Argosy

Originally Posted by Bolinas
I read someone from San Francisco area but then lost the identification..I'm quite nearby there. i don't have a tow vehicle and plan my wished for '80's Square Argosy to mostly sit proudly. EBay had two recently and I tried to make it work but one in Ohio and another in Arkansas made the project seem beyond my reach..If the San Francisco person could write back perhaps they could help me with the process. I'm sure I could find something useful or renumerative to offer in return..Also any others who see a good looking Square Argosy I'd be pleased to be let know with as much contact information as possible..Wiith thanks..

Go to and do a search on travel trailer. I saw a squarestream Argosy there yesterday!

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 06:01 AM   #146
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I think I put my name on this post before, but here it is again. I am in Oklahoma, have a digital camera, limited knowledge of computers but can download and send pictures, and have restored my Argosy. I am not a mechanic; however, I know a soft spot when I feel it and am not afraid to get under a trailer to look for rust. Happy to help in this area of the country.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 06:30 AM   #147
4 Rivet Member
1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
I am in Kentucky ,I have gained a lot of Airstream inf in the last few years, Digital camera , can inspect Airstreams within 150 miles or so,Add me to the list also
Movie Stars and Film Crews come to Me from hundreds of miles enticed by My knowledge, My imagination,expertise, creativity and innovations!
scf31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 03:39 PM   #148
Rivet Master
1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Who should keep the list?

Originally Posted by rluhr
An update to the Volunteer Inspectors list, dated August 12, 2005, can be downloaded here. ...
rluhr might enjoy a break from updating this list.

Is this something the Forum Moderators could keep current on Andy R's server?

Just curious,
1967 Airstream Overlander International
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:39 PM   #149
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Arlington , Texas
This plan works! Lonnie Whelan checked out a trailer for me 1200 miles away! He called me personally on the cell and I talked to him while he became my EYES. He took every picture I wanted, emailed them that night. I had made my decision to buy, but the fastest buyer in the west beat me to the punch. Lost that one! But gained a wealth of knowledge and a good friend in Illinois! Thanks, Lonnie (and you're wife). I owe you... deep in the heart of Texas!
sierrajb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 11:53 PM   #150
4 Rivet Member
2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
any volunteer inspectors in vancouver, b c???? dieterdog
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 01:56 AM   #151
2 Rivet Member
1991 25' Excella
SF Bay Area , California
is there someone in southern california?

I just found this thread. We are in the SF Bay Area, considering a trailer in Orange County. Is there a chance that someone could check it out for us? We're hesitating driving down in the Suburban with gas prices as they are, and finding that it is "not quite as advertised". Thanks for any help
aeriqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 05:12 AM   #152
1970 27' Overlander
Easley , Upstate SC
I will be glad to inspect in the upstate area of south carolina (Greenville center). Digital camera, DVD and CD burner, prints and soon video camera. I have restored a 1970 overlander so I am aware with all parts of it and very familiar with the electrical portion of it.
ALshiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:21 AM   #153
Rivet Master
1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Trailer Inspector in New Mexico!

Hi all -

I stand at the ready to go and do a first time check out of a trailer for anyone looking at a unit near Albuquerque. I would be more than willing to go 100/150mi from the git go - might go further for cause.

Have digital camera, email, CD burner capability and a pretty good nose for bullc*ap. Also follow up REALLY good on those iffy questions.

Would willingly do MH's too but would need EXTENSIVE, DETAILED info on where to look and what to look for from potential owner to have a good comfort level.

Anyone looking for assistance with thie VI experiment is welcome to contact me at:

Axel Freese
PO Box 1010
Cedar Crest, NM 87008
505-440-0046 (Cell - best number to get me)
505-286-6367 ( Home - evenings are best)

Call me, tell me what you need and we can talk about me getting you good , solid preliminary info. Heck, I might even pick you up from your checkout flight in and ride you there to see it ourself.

Open offer to all you AirStreamer!

SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:06 AM   #154
2 Rivet Member
1972 Argosy 20
1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1979 30' Argosy
Grand Junction , Colorado
Smile Trailer inspections

I'm in western Colorado and travel to Az and California. Have a digital camera and would be glad to check out any trailers in that area. Over the years have owned 11 Airstream/Argosys.

kenny2 is offline   Reply With Quote