Old 03-09-2005, 02:24 PM   #57
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J
I'm on our HOA board and we have a rule that we don't respond to any complaint unless we know who made the complaint - anonymous complaints just get thrown in the trash.

Ken
No, you cannot accept anonymous complaints. You can, however accept multiple complaints from one person. Someone who feels they have to police the neighborhood for the HOA or the Zoning Departments.
The problem is that the Zoning Departments have no idea how long something has been sitting in one spot. Most zoning laws will allow you to have something sit in one spot for a period of days.
Obviously, some inspectors do not wait the alotted time from the time that violation is reported. They just take the complainant's word for how long something has been sitting in one place.
Like I said before, zoning laws are subjective. They are only enforced if someone complains. I feel that if a trailer has been sitting in a particular spot for months and then someone finally complains then tough! You had your chance to complain.
Why don't the complainants get some "cahones" and constructively ask the owner to do something? They have to eat up tax money to do it instead.

Old 03-09-2005, 04:18 PM   #58
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Question Guess I'm lucky

I guess I'll quit complaining about our county rule makers as much. They haven't told me so far how many of anything I can have. Of course, they do have that building permit thing for anything over 100 sq ft, and the 30 ft easement from center of road, and the water line easement, and the electrical line easement, and oh yeah, the condemnation of property to widen the road...... at least I don't live in Wyandotte Co. where they condemned the farm land to build the NASCAR Racetrack. And I guess we did have to file for a subdivision when we gave our own son 10 acres of land, with surveys, and engineering fees, and planning board meetings and approval by the commissioners, and water department and the electrical dept......

Sorry Tedd.... guess I have my own problems.

P.S. An area of KC (Raytown) is having hearings about where to park semis. The owners can't park them at home or within view of any housing area. We're not talking about the trailers, we're talking about the cab. Geeez...

Oh, and by the way, we know already that we can't park our AS in front or even in the drive of our daughter's home in Minnesota overnight. HOA won't allow it.

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:12 PM   #59

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Isn't that sad when you have a self contained trailer, but you can't park it on the street overnight to visit friends or relatives? We have friends in AZ who have invited us to come down to visit and park in their side yard, and we told them, you might want to make sure of that!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:41 PM   #60
Site Team

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver 67
Oh, and by the way, we know already that we can't park our AS in front or even in the drive of our daughter's home in Minnesota overnight. HOA won't allow it.
I'm guessing they live in St. Louis Park, west of Minneapolis. Right?
Old 03-09-2005, 06:54 PM   #61
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Smile

Nope, they live in Victoria,southwest of the Cities, but I'm finding that most of the new subvisions in that area have the same restrictions. I think it's rotten that we have to park our trailer at some park, unhook the truck and then go visit the grandkids.

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:01 PM   #62
Site Team

, Minnesota
VICTORIA?? Thats FARM COUNTRY! I can't believe it.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:21 PM   #63
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
My of my, I live very close to Victoria. Yep, it's farm country gentrifying very fast into suburbia. Parts of it do front on Lake Minnetonka. I like my little town of 1,500 fully developed. Everyone on our stretch of road has woods with little or no mowed grass. The only weeds I control are burdock, sticky seed weeds and buckthorn--all of which I personally hate. The rest I let grow wild. I back up to a marsh to goes for quite a ways. No one complains about the Airstream but there is 200 feet of forest between it and the road so you can't see it in the summertime anyway. There have been a lot of changes in my town in 25 years--mostly houses reaching into the stratosphere pricing of multi-million dollars and older homes being torn down and rebuilt with behomeths. Maybe there will come a day the moneyed people may not like my little setting. They are getting closer every year. The house four away across the street on the lake just sold for $2,300,000! But mostly my close neighbors right now are an independent breed and not a status breed.

Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote