Old 04-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
2007 19' Safari SE
Laurel , Montana
Montana independant

I keep reading about all these clubs, groups, rallies,etc. I have just purchased a 2007 Bambie 19' SE and will visit, ask questions, answer questions, and fraternise with especially anyone in an airstream. From all the infighting and what seems to me political problems within certain groups I have been reading about, I will chose to just travel as an independant so I don't upset any particular individual because I may in my naivity chosen to associate with the wrong group. I bought this rig to travel, camp, and meet friends on the road, not upset one political group over another.
So if you run into Greg and Leslyn on the road from Montana, lets imbide in a spirit or two, share a fire, and not talk politics, just fishing.

P.S. My farm is 80 miles north of Old Faithful. and should always have a space for a drop in. We do have a farm market here, so vegetables aplenty, river frontage for boondocking, or power by the barn. On the road to Yellowstone and Wyoming, just outside of Billings, Montana.

LFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #2

Vintage Kin Owner
1973 Avion Travelcader 25' , ...
Originally Posted by LFM View Post
I bought this rig to travel, camp, and meet friends on the road...

That sounds like good logic.

Welcome Greg.

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Bring it on!

Greg, Many of us are just like you. We have trailers that don't "belong" to a special group! That doesn't mean we don't enjoy meeting up with other Airstreamers to Rally or just to camp/hang out! My trailer has yet to travel anywhere. Still I have been to at least 3 get togethers to visit with other owners. You can participate at any rally by just asking to go to the rally site (Except WBCCI Rallies). It's all a great timefto have fun and some camaraderie. Hope this helps. Happy Trails, Ed

P.S. Welcome to the Forums!
1967 Safari Twin "Landshark" w/International trim package
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat!
When I looked at the tire... I noticed your CAT!"
Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #4
Aluminum in 3-D
1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
If the rally is here on the forum and is a WBCCI rally your are welcome to join us, ( I know it's true with our Oregon unit and am pretty sure with others) no strings attached, just camping, enjoy and sit around the campfire. You never know what the topic of conversation will turn to, fishing, music, and of course how to do this and that to your Airstream.
We will be going by your way on our trip to International in Gillette, fresh veggies and a place to stay, you may have started your AS campground.
Past President Oregon unit WBCCI
This isn't your grandmothers WBCCI

Air Forum#17236

Check out the Oregon WBCCI Club and Airstream Living Oregon unit 090 on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Welcome Greg, Good ole, Laurel, MT. I used to work in Yellowstone for 15 years. I first thought as you wrote that you were 80 miles north of Yellowstone would put you about Chico Hotsprings on RT 89 on the way to Livingston. Whoops!
I was once a member of the Montana Unit back in the 80's.
I was the youngest, in my 20's and the oldest members were in their 80's.
It might be of interest to look up the Montana Unit.l At the time I was part of it, we were so removed from the nonsense, that we all had a great time boondocking. NO politics. One of the nicest local Bozemanites I befriended were Ralph and Marion Challender. He was a "prof" at MSU
I think another, was Ron Green, and I think they are still members.
The best rally I remember was up on the Pintlar Loop in Phillipsburg west of Anaconda in a field. 30 of us for a weekend., No hoookups, just good company, it was great Welcome.
"62 ATW Overlander, '51 Flying Cloud
'67 GT, '90 Squarestream 29ft, 06 Bambi, Bigfoot slide in/GMC Denali K2500, Marathon Coach, Class A.
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey

Don't let the political fighting stop you from attending a Forum or Local Unit rally. They are great and you will be welcomed. I drive 800 mile, each year, just after New Years for the Can Opener, a Forum Rally and attend several different Local Unit Rallies in the north east each year.

There are 40,000 members here on the Forum all having the common ownership of at least one Airstream. There are a decreasing number, below 6,000, of Airstream owners that used to number above 30,000, that still belong to the WBCCI. The issue is many of the once WBCCI members would like to regain the original Club that sparked the friendship and enjoyment of camping now stolen by a Leadership hell bent on living off the fat of the lamb.

Try and overlook this problem and enjoy Airstreams at the local level.
2004 Excursion 4x4
1991 34 ft. Excella +220,000 miles, new laminated flooring, new upholstery, new 3200 lbs axles

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #7

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

First off, welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

As to the different Airstream groups, we belong to all of them, but don't choose to do a lot of congregating. There is some infighting, but most of it is rhetoric. The vast majority of the Airstream people are great.

We hope to meet you on the road.
SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member
2007 19' Safari SE
Laurel , Montana
Blue Pearl (Theresa)
Have spent time in Seaside, Long Beach (WA) and fished the mouth. I always tell people if they go to Austrailia, especially Sydney, stay in Manly, just on the ocean outside Sydney, and that it is just like Seaside Oregon You have a sister city. Stop in on the way to Gillette.
Greg & Les
LFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
Rivet Master
1985 27' Sovereign
Defiance , Ohio
Welcome Greg! You will find that 99% of Airstreamers are really good people. That other 1%, well, seems like some folks always need something to fight about. Any time you see someone being chased down the highway by a bunch of aluminium, just wave and say howdy. They will be glad to meet you. LJH

LJH is offline   Reply With Quote