Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2004, 02:34 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Edina , Minnesota
Not a Classic in sight

The sad part of the Mpls Show is the lack of commitment that the MN dealer seems to have to Airstream. They said the reason they had no Classics there was because there were too many options available on them so they don't stock them. They didn't have any Classics last year either.

Then, to top it all off I was told that if I really wanted to spend that much money (for a Classic), I should just move up to a "real" RV and get a motorhome. She then directed me to their $450,000 + Bluebird Wanderlodge.

To crawl around a new Classic, I have to drive 350 miles or more to a dealer that stocks them. It's tough for me to buy anything sight unseen anymore, in spite ot the generally positive comments of those that have moved from the Safari to Clssic models.

The Westfalia and International Class C units were fun to look at though.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:06 PM   #22
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Re: Not a Classic in sight

Quote:
Originally posted by JaceBeck
The sad part of the Mpls Show is the lack of commitment that the MN dealer seems to have to Airstream. They said the reason they had no Classics there was because there were too many options available on them so they don't stock them. They didn't have any Classics last year either.
Our local dealer stocks 12 Airstreams, but very seldom do they have more than 2 Classics in the lot at a time. Their mix is Safaris andCCDs. Probably helps them keep their inventory cost down since the Safaris and CCDs move a lot faster. They have sold several CCDs the day they hit the lot.

When I bought my Classic, it had been on the lot for quite a while. I got a good deal because ina few days, it was going to cost the dealer some sort of penalty.

Best thing I ever did was upgrade to the Classic. OTOH, they were pulling your leg on the options thing; there aren't substantially more options on the Classic than on the other lines.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote