Old 08-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Yakima , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ms75Argosy
Cory. You and your wonderful family are in our prayers. Please take care.
Marc and family
Marc,
Thanks, hope to get to another rally and see you and your family, Lincoln Rock was a lot of fun and you are great people.

AIR 7834 WBCCI 2105/VAC
65glbtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:46 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Cory

Tough road ahead but having been through a similar situation and 17 years later as of August 6th, I can attest to a couple of things:

- Prayers help big time, for you, and for your family. This is as tough on them as it is on you but in different ways. They are in our prayers as well.

- Your own positive attitude will help immensely. Everything from just your own sanity and keeping focused to making the folks providing the treatments with the very clear understanding that you ARE going to get through this and expect them to help you get there. They tend to just be more supportive of those who don't take them for granted, and realize that it's a partnership.

- I had lots of little projects on the go that were easy to accomplish, did not have a particular time line to complete, but I could quickly see them coming to fruition. No internet/forums at that time, wish I'd of had it.

- Cream of Wheat~ it was about the only thing I found that I could eat and keep down at some points. Talking to a nutritionist at the hospital with my wife there helped find foods that worked to sustain me (and Donna) without causing other problems and discomfort, but ultimately I ate a lot of Cream of Wheat. I still like it .

There is a group of nuns who are cloistered in Mission, BC. If it's okay with you we will ask them to include you in their prayers. We have seen remarkable things happen when these ladies help out.

Barry

Old 08-07-2007, 04:41 PM   #17
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Cory, we enjoyed meeting you and your family at the TCT rally in Deming a couple of years ago, and seeing you again last year at Lincoln Rock. Our prayers are with you. Be strong!
Old 08-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Hi Cory, I am sorry to hear about your pancreatic cancer. My sister came up with pancreatic cancer this spring. Luckily they were able to cut it all out. They caught it very early. Then 2 weeks later she was diagnosed with breast cancer. It has metastasized so not so lucky there.

I was good to meet you at Lincoln Rock last year. You will be back Airstreaming and ralllying before you know it. You are in my thoughts.
Life is a journey, not a destination
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Yakima , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
Cory

There is a group of nuns who are cloistered in Mission, BC. If it's okay with you we will ask them to include you in their prayers. We have seen remarkable things happen when these ladies help out.

Barry
Hi Barry,
Yes please ask them I am a firm believer in prayers.
Thank you.
AIR 7834 WBCCI 2105/VAC
Old 08-08-2007, 12:09 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Yakima , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel
Cory, we enjoyed meeting you and your family at the TCT rally in Deming a couple of years ago, and seeing you again last year at Lincoln Rock. Our prayers are with you. Be strong!
Mel,
Thanks it was great to meet you too, Hope to see you again at more rallies in the future. Doin my best to stay strong, very scared right now though.
AIR 7834 WBCCI 2105/VAC
Old 08-08-2007, 12:12 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Yakima , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Johnson
Hi Cory, I am sorry to hear about your pancreatic cancer. My sister came up with pancreatic cancer this spring. Luckily they were able to cut it all out. They caught it very early. Then 2 weeks later she was diagnosed with breast cancer. It has metastasized so not so lucky there.

I was good to meet you at Lincoln Rock last year. You will be back Airstreaming and ralllying before you know it. You are in my thoughts.
Chris,
So sorry to hear that about your sister, it is so tough on family members as well as the person dealing with the cancer. We will keep you and her in our prayers.
AIR 7834 WBCCI 2105/VAC
Old 08-08-2007, 08:26 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1962 16' Bambi
Newtown Square , Pennsylvania
Hi Cory,
You are in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there through all the poking and proding and just let the medicines do their thing!
Airforums# 7906, WBCCI #4248, WDCU
dudebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Yakima , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudebb
Hi Cory,
You are in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there through all the poking and proding and just let the medicines do their thing!
George,
Thank you, it has been a tough road and they tell me it is nothing compared to whats coming up. I pray daily for the strength to deal with this, but it is wearing me down some.
AIR 7834 WBCCI 2105/VAC
Old 08-08-2007, 11:05 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Okay, Cory, the request is in with the ladies.

Just a thought, had you asked if they'd let you park your trailer at the hospital? The only reason I'm asking is that it would be a great quiet place for you to go to when you need that, and as well for your family. May be too difficult to even get it there now if they did say yes, but thought I'd raise it. I know having a "nest" was very helpful to me. We're thinking of you.

Barry
Old 08-08-2007, 06:31 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Yakima , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
Okay, Cory, the request is in with the ladies.

Just a thought, had you asked if they'd let you park your trailer at the hospital? The only reason I'm asking is that it would be a great quiet place for you to go to when you need that, and as well for your family. May be too difficult to even get it there now if they did say yes, but thought I'd raise it. I know having a "nest" was very helpful to me. We're thinking of you.

Barry
Well I gotta tell you Seattle has got to be the craziest place when it comes to parking. The hospital parking is about a five story pay lot that an Airstream would never fit in, and street parking is all pay with time limits as to how long you can park there. I don't think any of the streets near the hospital are anywhere near level to park a trailer if you could. Thanks for thinking about us, and the suggestion we had thought of that and our trailer is a little small to stay in for that long for me, I would get cabin fever. The hotel actually has a seperate bedroom and full kitchen so we can stock it with food and not have to order out.
AIR 7834 WBCCI 2105/VAC
Old 08-09-2007, 09:13 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Yakima , Washington
Thanks George.
Heres a quick update, so far we have raised $615.00.
Thanks to all that are able to contribute, every dollar helps!
We have also raised enough prayers that I feel the strength to make it through this, (gotta tell you the first couple of days after I was told the game plan from here forward I was real scared.) Thank you for all the prayers!!
AIR 7834 WBCCI 2105/VAC
Old 08-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Cory, you are on my prayer list now too. Chemo and radiation, that's a double whammy. One of my closest friends did the chemo/radiation thing simultaneously for pancreatic cancer like you and he is now 7 years cancer free.
When you feel like you are on rock bottom imagine all of us Airstreamers surrounding you with a circle of silver and pushing all those evil cancer cells out never to return. All things are possible and prayer changes things.

• • • Aluminocentricity • • •
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:08 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Yakima , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfoot
Cory, you are on my prayer list now too. Chemo and radiation, that's a double whammy. One of my closest friends did the chemo/radiation thing simultaneously for pancreatic cancer like you and he is now 7 years cancer free.
When you feel like you are on rock bottom imagine all of us Airstreamers surrounding you with a circle of silver and pushing all those evil cancer cells out never to return. All things are possible and prayer changes things.
Thank you, the prayers are helping. I feel stronger and know that I can beat this! Early in the week I was so scared and nervous. But hey if I imagine all of you with that silver circle pushing those awful cancer cell out, how could they ever stand a chance? Good always prevails over evil!

AIR 7834 WBCCI 2105/VAC