Old 08-11-2003, 06:31 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1992 30' Airstream 30
Santa Rosa , Northern California wine country
I wish I could!

Since I'm divorced, I just don't cook for myself. When I have my two boys, I cook at home, but mostly frozen, canned or prepared meals. When RVing, we are so busy doing just real fun stuff outside, that when we're hungry, we go and open a can of something, like ravioli, beef stew, New England clam chowder, you know, the easy stuff. The boys, 10 and 8, are easily pleased, satisfied, and ready to go play again. Granted, there are pot lucks where I cook my special fried rice dish, but we do mostly convenient meals. My point is, that I wish I took more time to prepare great meals like some of these posts.

Astrodokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 07:00 PM   #16
Texas Cajun :-)
1962 19' Globetrotter
Crawfish delivered anywhere

FYI for you mud bug lovin' fools like me "Tony's Seafood" in Baton Rouge, La. (my home town) delivers LIVE crawfish to you for $.99 a lb.! any deliverable address via USPS, UPS or Fed Ex. It costs $200 for 100 lbs. of crawfish delivered and I think the cost of cooked crawfish is not much more. Overall about $2 a lb. That's WAY cheaper than local crawfish which 'ain't that good' and are about $5 a lb. cooked. GO TO THE BEST!!! This is the famous "Tony Cachere's" of cookin' spice fame. Here's the info: Enjoy!

Tony Cachere's
5215 Plank Road
Baton Rouge LA 70805

Click their shipping link for very specific weight/cost shipping info.

God Bless! Roze
Roze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 11:46 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

REALLY new...
What are the general restrictions, provisions etc. for camp fires? Does anyone use a Dutch Oven?
laugh often - love much
clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 05:04 AM   #18
Rivet Master
South Shore , Kentucky
It's kind of hard to say about the fires, the laws or an ordinance may vary from state to state or county to county. I know where I live when it's dry and windy they may issue a no burning warning. I think it might apply to campfires as well.

The safest thing to do would be ask a park ranger at the campground or call them ahead of time. It might save a little work if you're planning on hauling your own wood.
Visit our church on the web!

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 10:37 AM   #19
Rivet Master
Dallas , Texas
Dutch Oven

At the original Mystic 7 Motorhome rally, Cliff (Airstream402001) made an awesome Apple Brown Betty in his Dutch oven.

I started this thread after the rally hoping he might share the recipe, but I guess it's a family recipe.

Recipe Thread

Thenewkid64 is itching for Shari's Grand Marnier French Toast recipe. Maybe it will magically appear!

Edie is offline   Reply With Quote