Biloxi , Mississippi
Camping buddy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	241823  

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:26 AM   #72
Rivet Master

Sarcasm much???????

It's just SO funny to hijack a post on hijacking!!!!!

Not to mention…..Oh so clever, because it has NEVER been done before.

BTW…..Could we see yet ANOTHER picture of the bread head dog?

BTW ( again ) My all time favorite response post is. " I don't know the answer to your question, but someone here will know the answer" It came in so handy for one guy who was stranded out in the middle of nowhere. Butt ( see what I did there?) It's a great way to earn more rivets

Old 06-29-2015, 07:34 AM   #73
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
All kidding aside,
this is pure gold.
This is why I tro.. er, frequent Airforums.

Tnx Bob

----------------

PS. I was just reminded of another troll post that always gets my goat: folks complaining about the cost of free advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
We have a Pure-bread....

Bob
Old 06-29-2015, 07:56 AM   #74
Rivet Master

Well there you have itů.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2015, 08:05 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
You know.....Skater has some very valid points.

There are some here who think everything is funny, and everything then becomes something to joke about....creating lots of nonsense, misdirection, and wasted space, in an otherwise serious thread asking a question, asking for help, etc......or in this very one discussing trolls and other nefarious behavior here.

This annoys me, at times, occasionally to the point of calling folks out and suggesting they go play somewhere else......and it probably is trolling of a sort...as the poster is offering nothing of benefit to the original topic of the thread, just can't resist an opportunity to make a joke. Most of us have been guilty of it at times, but for some it is chronic.

There are open discussion threads, where those who desperately need an outlet for their always bubbling-over senses of humor, can go just to joke and be silly. It doesn't have to occur on any and every thread these folks decide to land on.

As for "I don't know the answer to your question, but someone here will know", I have used that very sentence more than once here, so that may be about me. . And, that's okay. . Sometimes I want to provide some information or support, and I will continue to do so. I also don't care one whit about accumulating "rivets".

All that said....I think that cultivating tolerance, compassion and kindness is something to strive for, and I try not to let annoyance show too often.

I do think it would be helpful to try to help, assist, provide comfort & support.....whatever....to the topic of threads.

Also, some of us find the search function very, very difficult to use effectively. Just so y'all know.

Maggie
Old 06-29-2015, 08:56 AM   #76
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
We've got the definition and purpose of "TROLL" all figured out.... can we agree on what the definition and purpose of an ONLINE FORUM IS?

better still: a FREE, membership unrestricted, online forum?
Old 06-29-2015, 09:32 AM   #77
Zil
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
egg harbor city , South Jersey
Where is the best place to keep a gun in an AS?
Old 06-29-2015, 09:43 AM   #78
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Everyone has their secret spot, you will have to find yours. 🙈

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:44 AM   #79
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
You magnificent bastard...

I read your book!
Old 06-29-2015, 09:53 AM   #80
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

"Also, some of us find the search function very, very difficult to use effectively. Just so y'all know."

Maggie,

Just what I do....

Go to the google on your desktop...NOT the link above.
Type in "Airforums", then the subject your researching, if your looking for a specific post and know their handle add that also.

Example.....

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...C+Robert+Cross

Bob
Old 06-29-2015, 10:03 AM   #81
Rivet Master

Maggie

My statement was not directed at you. But I have a question about the topic.

Do you think that it is helpful, useful, or in any way important for someone to know what people don't know. I do agree that giving support is a kind gesture.

I guess I am guilty of making jokes and inflicting my sense of humor on you all. I think I prefer that to angry posts. I sure try to give informative answers, but yeah, I do enjoy doing it in a humorous way.

Like I have said already, Forums and Social Media means different things to different people. To some it's a soap box, to some it's entertainment, to some communication, to some it's to learn. Some seem to just like to bug people, some like to argue, and some people like to be mean.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:14 AM   #82
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Remember inflicting your sense of humor on some people can be interpreted as anger or abuse. Usually doesn't bother me, but I know it does bother some. Not to say you should stop.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:55 AM   #83
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
This is directed to all of us not the OP:

This is one of many threads here that illustrate a very common problem. Most users seem to want the forums and other users' posts to be directed to their specific wants/needs ONLY. Each individual member wants or expects different things. Members have different goals and different ways of contributing. This is not a paid technical support company on any subject. Yes, the owner makes money running it, but it is up to each member to determine within the bounds of rules set by the owner how they wish to benefit or contribute.

Forums are no different from life in general, some people are going to do things that annoy you and others may from time to time please you. However how to respond is left entirely up to you determine. I have learned to think about my pet peeves before I post to complain about them.

If a user wants truly uncluttered always correct responses, then they should be consulting with and paying a professional expert on whatever their problems are.

Yes, I and others will post things they find amusing or ironical. There is a tool here to solve the inconvenience of reading that. It is the ignore member function. I won't know if you ignore me unless you make a point of telling me and you wouldn't have to read my worthless posts.

In regard to the "I don't know, but others might." posts:
A lot of members use the portal to look for current hot topics. If I notice what I consider to be a worthy new topic about to drop off the portal, I will at times post something like that to keep the topic in sight.

As far as increased moderation is concerned. We have been there and back many times before. My opinion is right now we have the proper amount from what I have observed.

So my advice (keep in mind its free), is to think about what you are posting before you do. If you are about to complain about something your fellow members are doing, think about it for a while and then post it if you still think its worth it.

Ken
Old 06-29-2015, 10:58 AM   #84
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandolindave View Post
My statement was not directed at you. But I have a question about the topic.

Do you think that it is helpful, useful, or in any way important for someone to know what people don't know. I do agree that giving support is a kind gesture.

I guess I am guilty of making jokes and inflicting my sense of humor on you all. I think I prefer that to angry posts. I sure try to give informative answers, but yeah, I do enjoy doing it in a humorous way.

Like I have said already, Forums and Social Media means different things to different people. To some it's a soap box, to some it's entertainment, to some communication, to some it's to learn. Some seem to just like to bug people, some like to argue, and some people like to be mean.
Ok. If it was directed at me, mandolindave, that would be okay, too. I was not offended, just explaining a bit and standing up for myself.

I think prefacing some other statement with an inability to answer a specific question is just that. What difference does it make, if it is well intended?

I think some folks are clearly not well intended, but most people are, don'tcha think? I try to believe that.....unless faced with clear and convincing evidence that that is not the case.

At any rate......many good opinions stated here, in spite of those who just must make fun of something all the time. Yes, it is tiresome to me, also apparently others.

And, not at all saying using humor is bad or offends me...it does not, and I get a good laugh here regularly. It's the off the wall, disconnected stuff that is tiresome......you know who you are.

Maggie