View Poll Results: How long have you owned/used your vintage trailer?
1 - 3 years 28 60.87%
3 - 6 years 8 17.39%
6 - 10 years 8 17.39%
10+ years and no sign of stopping! 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2004, 12:52 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member
1969 18' Caravel
, Iowa
Me Too!

Airstreamer 67,
Add me to the "10 Years Plus Club".
The condensed version of my story: I got my 1st Airstream (1951 21') in the summer of 1986. I purchased it from the conservatorship of the original owner so I became the 2nd owner of this unit. It had been lightly used, so was in nice condition. I pulled it with my '55 Chevy Nomad wagon and it got lots of attention.
Then, in the fall of 1992, I stumbled across a 1969 18' and fell for it. This trailer wasn't as pristine as the '51 but, still, was not at all bad. I was truly torn as I realized that I loved both trailers, but practicality dictated that I should keep only one.
So, I let the '51 Flying Cloud go and have since lavished my attention on the '69 Caravel. Many times, I have kicked myself for not keeping BOTH of these trailers. "Too late...Wise."
Anyway, I was Vintage Airstream before Vintage Airstream was cool (or, at least, recognized as being cool.)
There are some interesting circumstances re: my Airstream purchases & decisions but I see I have already rambled, so those stories are best saved for another time.

WBCCI #4568
MarkE is offline   Reply With Quote