Old 09-21-2003, 07:07 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Kitchen Tips

I am new to RV'ing so this might be "old hat" to some of you more experienced RVers.

I was wondering what to do with my long handle utencils since there are not any drawers for such in the 25ft Classic.

I was also wondering what to do with the sapce under the kitchen sink that sits below the shelves (the little area just above the floor, which is about four/five inches in height - it also runs the width of the double sink.

Today I was in Ace Hardware (I love going in hardware stores - go figure) and came upon this dish washer utencil basket. It sure looked like it would fit in this spot.

I purchased it and took it with us over to the A/S today. It works beautifully. In fact I am going to get a second one, which the space will accommodate.

I placed all of my long handle utencils and misc items in this basket. It has a top on it that hinges open and closed. Of course the true test will be on the road.

BTW - I am also using a plastic round container that I have put in the pantry to hold my regular utencils in.

Just thought I would share and would appreciate any additional such tips.

WolfSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 09:13 PM   #2
5 rivets, 1 loose screw
1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
I've improvised silverware drawers and such inside the tambour cabinets of my Caravel but oh how I long for the days of yesteryear when AS trailers used solid wood cabinetry.
Kmart has long plastic containers for cutlery, etc.

Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 11:37 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member
Send a message via AIM to JodynJeep Send a message via Yahoo to JodynJeep
One of the things I did with mine was added a glass rack for wine glasses, and other items that could fit...

Fits well and while probably not ideal for storage while traveling - cleans up the clutter while parked at a campground.
Jody - Jody's Website
JodynJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 02:37 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Hopefully your not talking about the furnace intake that runs along the floor under the sink. That area is not to be blocked.

I apologize if I am making the wrong assumption.
diesel is offline   Reply With Quote