Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2003, 04:46 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Tampa , Florida
Kaythryn Hanna Abbey Park? Any Reviews??

I have a question for you folks that travel to Florida parks. I am thinking about staying at the above park in Jacksonille, FL. I am curious if anyone out there has stayed here. If so, how are the bathroom facilities? Are they old or updated?
I recently stayed at Crystal River in Ocala and they had brand new facilities.
I have overheard that many FL parks have great facilities and I'm just curious. We have some friends meeting us and they are not the 'roughing' it type...... if you call staying in an airstream roughing it.... ha ha

Thanks!
wardster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 08:53 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
I have been to the park but not to camp. It is older and if I had my choice I would look elsewhere. We spent sometime in Georgia's Crooked River State Park (last exit before entering Florida) and found it very pleasant. New facilities and the personnel were extremely helpful. It is next to intercoastal and cumberland island and right on the banks of the crooked river. The Navy submarine base backs up to it. Heavily forested with high pine trees, very accessible sites (electric and water - dump station near by). They have their own internet site so you can look them up. I recommend this place.

Bob
rcaldwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 09:45 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I was planning on going to Hanna park for a bit over Christmas break if the weather is ok...is this not as good as it is cracked up to be? If not i will go back to Gulf Shores or Destin area, we have had great times there.
Here is the site I found info on....

http://www.coj.net/Departments/Parks...rk/default.htm
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 09:58 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to fundave
If you are coming to the Emerald coast...bring your swimsuit and mittens...ya never know what the weather is like this time of year.
I've been aching to go over to Mystic Springs AS park on the Escambia River... I hear it is beautiful. Also there is a nice small park on the Blackwater River...www.actiononblackwater.com.
They are usually closed during the winter, but, they will open up for you if you call ahead. Carlos and his wife are very friendly.
fundave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 10:59 AM   #5
nds
3 Rivet Member

Unless you need to stay at the East end of Florida, you may want to look into Ft. Pickens, which is almost adjacent to Pensacola Beach.

It's beautiful there and you practically have the pure white sandy beach to your self.

Ft. Pickens Camp Site
nds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 11:26 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Thanks- we like that place too, and have stayed at Henderson beach and TopSail Hill near Destin. I also really like the Gulf Breeze State Park in Gulf Shores,AL. Nice big park with good facilities, though lots of snowbirds in the winter time.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote